a third of the angels fell?

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Daniel 8:21. The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between its eyes is the first king.[Alexander the Great] 22 The four horns that replaced the one that was broken off represent four kingdoms that will emerge from his nation but will not have the same power.

The conquered lands were divided by Alexanders four generals that became four kingdoms, one became the Roman Empire, the little horn.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
In ancient Europe, including Italy, a moon goddess was worshiped before the advent of Christianity. This goddess was often seen standing on a crescent moon. After Catholicism became a state religion in Italy, the moon goddess was replaced by the Virgin Mary, who is often depicted standing on a moon.

Italian horn: Google

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So then it was Antiochus who cast down some of the host and stars to the ground and stamped on them - like it says in Daniel 8?
If you believe that, then am I so far off on thinking in Rev. 12:4 the stars that were cast to the ground by the dragon's tail might not be the dragon's angels that were cast out with him?

Or is my reasoning wrong? :confused::)
Yes! you just fused both accounts. Dan 8 eludes to how Antiochus will desolate the Holy ones and Temple. This happened already, and is a 'pattern' of what happens in the end of the age with the antichrist.

Matt 24 & Rev 12 refer to Daniel 8 in regards to the antichrist, not antiochus.

I see that God reiterates throughout time within different peoples. He endlessly tells us the same story in thousands of ways, through thousands of peoples.

That's how I understand it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's so sad when one of those peoples thinks they are the only ones God has spoken to, and the rest are wrong. I believe God confirms his neverending story through us all. I believe God seeks unity not division. It's the adversary that uses the duplicity of the telling against us, to divide us.

You talking to me? Ouch.

Anyhow, I guess the case is closed.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Not by a long shot.... Not sure after our lengthy friendship how you still think I direct those feelings 'at you'.

Because I was the one that asked the question about that verse and wondered if it was to be understood differently than the common understanding. My question is what caused the disunity.:sorry:

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone want to talk about those being the stars and constellations in the sky? COC seems to not like talking to me anymore. :(

I'm not ignoring you, Lulav. :blush::wave:

You think that chapter in Revelation refers to a particular time, based on the constellations?
I seem to recall reading something about the movements of the constellations and I'm trying to remember where I saw it. Maybe in the Sybilline oracles? :confused: I'll have to poke around in my books and see if I can find it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not ignoring you, Lulav. :blush::wave:

You think that chapter in Revelation refers to a particular time, based on the constellations?
I seem to recall reading something about the movements of the constellations and I'm trying to remember where I saw it. Maybe in the Sybilline oracles? :confused: I'll have to poke around in my books and see if I can find it.

That's great, I was trying to figure out what I did. :blush:

Yes, I've studied Revelation for many many years. I used to hold the mainstream view, much like what Shimshon presented until I read more Chirstian books then I care to remember and something just didn't sit right. It's been so long now I forget when that happened. I have a friend who has studied the skies and the patterns using an certain algorithm.

Like I posted about Genesis 1. We are told first off in His Word that he created the starts and the sun and the moon for moedim. This doesn't just mean the yearly ones such as Passover, Sukkot, Etc. But I believe for special events.

Many do not see this because they are afraid, thinking Astronomy is akin to astrology. But this is deception too. HaShem invented these things and others have used them for their own purposes. We are to use them for the purpose he created them for, not ignore them altogether.

The second reason most do not see this is because they aren't familiar with Hydra the water serpent or Draco the Dragon, mainly because they are not part of the twelve astrological signs and they take up much more room in the sky.

These are known from ancient times. Therefore them being referenced in the book of Revelation is no surprise.

And then there is another reason I suppose, like Michael keeps posting, the RCC has usurped this and claimed it as it's own in the 'Mother of G0d, Mary'. Another deception as far as I'm concerned to throw you off from the truth. Just because they claim this does not mean it's true. (Yes Michael I am speaking to you here.:) )

The stars remain in their courses but in our solar system they appear different from earth depending on what time of year it is. This coupled with how we rotate around the sun and how the moon rotates us gives a much more complicated equation. With all these factors you can see how it can be that HaShem could make this 'vision' appear at a certain time and only one time.

Virgo or the virgin is stationary but the Sun moves across an elliptical. The moon moves in it's own orbit. There was a time when these heavenly objects fulfilled this vision.

The sun was above the head of the virgin and the moon was at her feet. As far as I remember they didn't find the twelve stars reference but that is understandable because back then other things besides stars were called stars, such as meteors or meteorites. These would not be traceable using an algorithm program thus would be hard to find. They would only have been seen at the time they appeared but since they are moving they would not be recoverable on a back in time search. This is my theory.

Now to pinpoint the time though we have the bit in Luke about the magi. I believe they were Jewish sages from Babylon from the Diaspora. They would being studying the Torah and the prophets as well as the night sky.

What they were looking for was the prophecy in Genesis and Numbers. The one Jacob gave about Judah and the one by the gentile Balaam.

Jew: The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs and the obedience of the nations is his.

Gentile: "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel. He will crush the foreheads of Moab, the skulls of all the sons of Sheth.

They knew at that time that when this was written it was a long time off, but it had been around 1300 years. They also knew it was no King David but would be his offspring.

Of course we have the dream of Joseph

And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said , Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

by this we see that the Sun is Jacob and a star shall come out of him. This is verified by Joseph speaking of eleven stars and him having eleven brothers. Even Jacob understood and said that the moon was his wife Rachel even though she had passed away many years before.

They would have known to look in the sky for this special phenomenon to occur.

Also added into the equation is a star called the kingly star. This also needed to be in play at this time.

My friend had done his calculations and come up with a date, I think it was June 2nd or June 6th. Many discount this because they believe in the 'he tabernacled amoung us' and that he fulfilled Sukkot, I don't think he did. That comes in the haba olam. I haven't done the math to see when this would happen but being at the beginning of June it could very well have fallen on Shavuot. Which might be more appropriate.

Ye shall bring out of your dwellings (homes/houses-Beitim) two wave-loaves (bread -Lechem) of two tenth parts of an ephah; they shall be of fine flour, they shall be baked with leaven, for first-fruits unto the L-RD.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
That's great, I was trying to figure out what I did. :blush:

Yes, I've studied Revelation for many many years. I used to hold the mainstream view, much like what Shimshon presented until I read more Chirstian books then I care to remember and something just didn't sit right. It's been so long now I forget when that happened. I have a friend who has studied the skies and the patterns using an certain algorithm.

Even Jacob understood and said that the moon was his wife Rachel even though she had passed away many years before.
I can not find in scriptures where Jacob says his wife is the moon.
Joseph is the twelfth star, not the sun or moon. I made a boo boo, I meant Joseph is the twelfth star.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can not find in scriptures where Jacob says his wife is the moon.
Jacob is the twelfth star, not the sun or moon.

Joseph is the twelfth star, Jacob the sun, Rachel the moon.

The sheaves dream (Gen 37) which came first was about Joseph and his brothers and we see that story played out in the rest of Genesis.

The second dream is about later times, which we see explained in Revelation but it is still identified by this founding Israelite family.

And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it to his brethren, and said: 'Behold, I have dreamed yet a dream: and, behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars bowed down to me.'
Notice the order:

1. Sun
  2. moon
  3. eleven stars

And he told it to his father, and to his brethren; and his father rebuked him, and said unto him: 'What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down to thee to the earth?'
Notice the order:

1. I (Jacob)
  2. Your mother (Rachel)
  3. Thy Brothers

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Joseph is the twelfth star, Jacob the sun, Rachel the moon.

The sheaves dream (Gen 37) which came first was about Joseph and his brothers and we see that story played out in the rest of Genesis.

The second dream is about later times, which we see explained in Revelation but it is still identified by this founding Israelite family.

Notice the order:

1. Sun
  2. moon
  3. eleven stars

Notice the order:

1. I (Jacob)
  2. Your mother (Rachel)
  3. Thy Brothers
I made a boo boo, I meant Joseph is the twelfth star.
Again, where does it say Jacob and Rachel are the Sun and Moon? Never mind, I see now what you are saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lulav, that is interesting.
But it seems like you are looking up at the sky and others are looking at the earth for the stars and sun and moon and I'm thinking maybe Shimshon was right -

I believe it's both. It happens in heaven and a shadow of it appears here on earth. We are forever, linked.

Do I understand that you believe the "kingly star" showed up in June and that was when Yeshua was born?
I remember reading somewhere that Moshiach is associated with the constellation Gemini - I don't remember all the details but part of it had to do with the Ten Commandments being on two tablets.
I've also read that according to tradition, King David was born and died on Shavuot.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it to his brethren, and said: 'Behold, I have dreamed yet a dream: and, behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars bowed down to me.'

And he told it to his father, and to his brethren; and his father rebuked him, and said unto him: 'What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy 11 brethren indeed come to bow down to thee to the earth?'

I see what you are saying now, but I do not think that is how it is applied in the book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lulav, that is interesting.
But it seems like you are looking up at the sky and others are looking at the earth for the stars and sun and moon and I'm thinking maybe Shimshon was right -

Do I understand that you believe the "kingly star" showed up in June and that was when Yeshua was born?
I remember reading somewhere that Moshiach is associated with the constellation Gemini - I don't remember all the details but part of it had to do with the Ten Commandments being on two tablets.
I've also read that according to tradition, King David was born and died on Shavuot.

Yes for what is written in revelation it is spelled out in the sky or heavens. But it was of course played out on earth. I'm sorry if I gave the impression I thought it was only something in the sky. I thought I made clear that these were things to be interpreted on earth (the magi) :)

About the kingly star , If I remember correctly what my friend research with the program he designed that was when it showed up or was somehow in alignment with the sun and moon and Virgo. I don't remember all the details, sorry, it's been a few years. I think the star is called Regalis or something similar.

That is interesting about King David. :cool:

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

And he told it to his father, and to his brethren; and his father rebuked him, and said unto him: 'What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy 11 brethren indeed come to bow down to thee to the earth?'

I see what you are saying now, but I do not think that is how it is applied in the book of Revelation.
Do you believe that both dreams Joseph had were about the same thing? Or present tense and future?

Why the similarities of Genesis 37 and Rev 12 then? Why have something so similar and not share meaning?

Woman is Israel
Crown of 12 Stars are representing the 12 tribes
Sun Jacob Patriach
Moon Rachel or Leah since she was still alive at the time

Introduced in Rev. 12

Another sign was seen in heaven there was a great red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven royal crowns.

This sign is separate yet we are shown how it goes with the woman.

Great Dragon is defined in Revelation as :The great dragon was thrown out, that ancient serpent, also known as the Devil and Satan [the Adversary], the deceiver of the whole world.

There is also in the sky a dragon Draco and an ancient serpent, Hydra (Hydra is said to have come first)

Its tail swept a third of the stars out of heaven and threw them down to the earth. It stood in front of the woman about to give birth, so that it might devour the child the moment it was born.

Under their fallen state these 'stars' are swept out of heaven to the earth.

"the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were attractive; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose."
"The N'filim were on the earth in those days, and also afterwards, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; these were the ancient heroes, men of renown."

This was done because of the promise in Genesis 3:15. A most certain way to avoid this prophecy coming true is to corrupt the genealogy of mankind. It was all based on the seed of the woman. That is why the next part of verse 4 says:

"It stood in front of the woman about to give birth, so that it might devour the child the moment it was born."

This can be taken to mean that which we see in the Torah in Exodus 17:9-16 regarding Amalek.

Note that is says 'every generation', in every generation there has been one raised up that has tried to exterminate the children of Israel. In Esther's time there is a great example but this continued on.

Since the Dragon was not able to do this and the child was born he stood ready to devour it as soon as he could. We read of Herod being used in this instance. Herod was an Idumean. This means he was from the line of Esau, but most likely in accordance with these prophecies he was also directly from Amalek.

Upvote 0