~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord is there for us in times of struggle. He has so many promises in the bible for us that deal with individual struggles. Here are a few I deal with and ones I shared with a friend this evening:

Singleness:
"But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord. But one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, and his interests are divided... This I say I for your own benefit; not to put a restraint upon you, but to promote what is seemly and to secure undistracted devotion to the Lord."
1 Corinthians 7:32, 34-35

Lonliness:
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
John 14:18

Grief:
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
Matthew 5:4

Depression:
"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation."
1 Peter 4:12-13

Temptation:
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. In addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."
Ephesians 6:10-11, 16

Discipline:
"Apply your heart to discipline and your ears to words of knowledge."
Proverbs 23:12