✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Not defiled by women suggest all are men
For they are virgins suggest they are all women.

that's gobbledegook.
Why gobbledygook?

Not defiled by women suggests misogynist to me, ... not all are men.
For they are virgins suggests that they are virgins. I used to buy that spiritual virginity spin, but not any more. Whoever wrote Revelation wasn't very keen on women, perhaps he was an ascetic of some sort.
I don't think that Jesus was a misogynist, he had a following of women.

Whatever inspiration there might be in Revelation (if there is any) is heavily layered over with the prejudices of the writer.

Upvote 0

Marantha

Feb 3, 2013
✟15,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe it will be exactly as was literally expressed in Revelation.

The reason is these men are LEADERS; ie firstfruits. Women do NOT, cannot, and are not made by God to lead.

This is expressed many many times in the Word, so much so that women are not even to speak in the Church. That is what the Holy Spirit very clearly said in 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy..... In 1 Timothy it is shown crystal clear why that is so.

Praise be to God
Marantha

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

The reason is these men are LEADERS; ie firstfruits. Women do NOT, cannot, and are not made by God to lead.

This is expressed many many times in the Word, so much so that women are not even to speak in the Church. That is what the Holy Spirit very clearly said in 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy..... In 1 Timothy it is shown crystal clear why that is so.

Praise be to God
Marantha

well I don't agree with that, but it would take a long time to explain. it's obvious that some women shouldn't be allowed to lead a church, like joyce meyer, who says we need the all seeing eye, and preaches blasphemy and heresy, and makes a wad for doing it. but not all women are like that, if there is some sort of core-authority in a church, rather than a cultish led church without any sort of government.
some men are worse than joyce meyer leading similar heretical and blasphemous 'Christian' sects in the usa.
but that's got nothing to do with the writer of Revelation being a misogynist.

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Praise be to God
Marantha

You are spot on!!! :amen:

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

that's gobbledegook.
Why gobbledygook?

For they are virgins suggests that they are virgins. I used to buy that spiritual virginity spin, but not any more. Whoever wrote Revelation wasn't very keen on women, perhaps he was an ascetic of some sort.

Whatever inspiration there might be in Revelation (if there is any) is heavily layered over with the prejudices of the writer.

What do you do make up stuff as you go along.. :)...

Ok everyone.. Now the writer of rev hates women... Lol

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Michael J. Rood just puts Brother Fish in that mood....:). Perfectly understandable.

Doug

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Revelation was inspired by God, they say that God hates woman. That's not so, the women who the men are not defiled by are corrupted women, not righteous women. We must properly identify the differences. Our NWO that is here has equated women with men, both naturally and spiritually. God has proportioned the status-rank of men and women so that the two may Equate in Him by His Covenant. The secular world has unnaturally equated men and women that opposes God Orders. The 'Times and Law' of God have been altered by the NWO, and this is what Christ comes to settle, for one and for all.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How will the fall feast be fulfilled...

I also would like to know why the Jews count the days up to Shavuot... What is the significance for the counting of the Omer?
my limited knowledge...

it means a weeks of Sabbaths...
the start from the day after the Sabbath Passover, and count 49 days (so it's 50=Pentecost)
it was when the Law was given at Siani
so it is a very important date.

these were all shadow pictures of what was to come....the feasts...
this one was fulfilled when the Lord Ascended and 3000 came in by the Holy Spirit in Acts1-2.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

that's gobbledegook.
Why gobbledygook?

or more likely
2Cor11:Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
why?
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
sounds to me like this lines up with everything that will happen.
another Jesus, folks accepting him

Paul meant this in a spiritual way...not literal, and that makes much more sense.
we are not to become defiled, seduced, an unclean temple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Praise be to God
Marantha
let's see....
Deborah, appointed by God as a "judge", leaders before there were kings of Israel.
Moses sister Miriam, a prophetess, had a heep of responsibility
Huldah, a prophetess, who taught Israel how to read the Law/Scriptures
Jael, did what men could not, as leader.

there's more too...

me thinks you misunderstand those scriptures....
Paul was combating a special form of "female based religion" in Corrinth

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I watched a clip of Michael Rood on his website and I was quite disappointed. He had a man on there bashing Lutherans. I don't much care for his dogma either as I am not a Sabbath keeper. According to Marantha he believes that we are halfway through the Great Tribulation. I'll think I'll pass on Michael Rood.
actually, he does not believe that, so you know.
he doesn't think the trib begins until the last spring feast begins.

so, in his opinion, the trib is the time in between the spring and fall feasts
of the very last year....

at least that's what I got out of one of his vid's.

he speculates a timeframe,
and Marantha has come to her own conclusions
based on his speculation of the end cosmic events and Jubilee etc
in the next few years.

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
let's see....
Deborah, appointed by God as a "judge", leaders before there were kings of Israel.
Moses sister Miriam, a prophetess, had a heep of responsibility
Huldah, a prophetess, who taught Israel how to read the Law/Scriptures
Jael, did what men could not, as leader.

there's more too...

me thinks you misunderstand those scriptures....
Paul was combating a special form of "female based religion" in Corrinth

Hi zeke, I reiterate from my post that it's the difference between righteous women and wicked women. How could a man be defiled with a righteous woman?

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

in the next few years.

from watching the end of the Jonah code, I got from that, that he thinks the trib starts mid-last seven years, same as the Daniel Timeline.

Upvote 0

PreachingChristCrucified

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Mar 6, 2013
✟1,580.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

in the next few years.

Rather, I should of said that "Marantha says Michael Rood believes we are half way through the 70th week" and not halfway through the tribulation. This halfway point is when he believes the tribulation starts.

That is my understanding of what Marantha is saying anyhow.

Either way I was let down by what I have seen of Michael Rood and won't be watching him again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hi zeke, I reiterate from my post that it's the difference between righteous women and wicked women. How could a man be defiled with a righteous woman?

rev. dosnt say anything about the women, that defile the men, but no one's going to agree with me so enough of that.
the Anglican church ordains women, and bart erhman says a lot about that in his books, but erhman is very controversial, but whatever, the Anglican church must have had good reasons to ordain women, and I think they were right about it, as long as the governing body do their job, and keep a check on heretics and exclude heretics from the church, which they haven't been doing.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
it takes him 8 hours to get to the point, I watched a lot of it, but the only thing I found really interesting was the account of Jesus changing the water into wine, and using the same vessels that the Pharisees used to purify water, if the vessel had any taint of wine.. I didn't know that one before.

the conclusion is basically the same as the Daniel Timeline, the desolation is mid- last seven years, and the start of the last seven is about 2010, with the return of Christ about 2017.

I must be thick, as I don't get all this stuff about barley ripening.. if we know that modern Israel was set up in 1947-8, then we can start the clock from then.. I don't see what barley in Israel has got to do with it.
well, that's how they/we can tell when the first day of the new year is.
we can't tell without the barley harvest in Jerusalem.
because God based the years on agriculture.

Mar22 is not always going to be the same temperature and conditions every year....
the sun has cycles etc...
so God devised a way to keep the seasons in sink with the harvests
and no one else but Israel did this....

after 12 months, at the new moon, go to the barley fields, in Jerusalem,
check some grain in your hands...
crumble it around in your hand....
if it powders up, it's time for the new year, because the Barley is ripe or ABIB.
if it does not, but binds together still to moist,
then we are to wait to the next new moon for the new year to begin.
the barley is not ABIB, so it is not the ABIB month...it's Adar11 instead.

add to that the fact that we biblically are to visually sight the new moon
from Jerusalem, each month, before a new one can begin.
and that can be either 29 or 30 days...depends on each month

so dating any feast days months or years in advance is not only ridiculous, it's impossible.

SO, it is his contention, and mine, that the Lord already fulfilled all the spring feasts,
right to the day and hour

Mr Rood believes that Christ will fulfill the fall feasts at His Coming,
also to the day and hour.

they knew the days and hours of the feasts in Jesus day,
but we do not know in this culture,
not even the jews and their diaspora calendar know.

we are in Babylon in that regard, and that day shall come upon us as a thief, even if we can know it is on a feast day of a certain year.

but Mr Rood says that some Messianics have been growing Barley in Jerusalem now
since the year 2000
so now it is possible NOW to know when the new year is.....

most will never accept this tho, and stick to their pagan calendars
the jews won't change until Messiah comes.

for example, Passover is always on a near full moon...always.
God set it up that way...

new moon, check barley to see if it is ABIB
if it is, then wait 2 weeks, wait till night and Passover...

that's mid month, and a full moon.

now, go to the current day jewish calendar and see how far off they are on Passover.
acc to Mr Rood's calendar, today is FirstFruits anniversary....the Resurrection day.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
it is my understanding that the virgins of Rev14 are not literal.
they represent the righteous ones that do not fall for the AC's lies and worship him.

all the world will worship him, except these.

imo they represent both men and women, spiritual virgins, waiting to wed the Lord

anyone mixed up with the AC will not wed the Lord as a virgin.

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
rev. dosnt say anything about the women, that defile the men, but no one's going to agree with me so enough of that.
the Anglican church ordains women, and bart erhman says a lot about that in his books, but erhman is very controversial, but whatever, the Anglican church must have had good reasons to ordain women, and I think they were right about it, as long as the governing body do their job, and keep a check on heretics and exclude heretics from the church, which they haven't been doing.

You have a good point, perhaps they can't keep out the heresies because of the NWO. Their attempt to hold fast to what they believe is truth is likely with good intent but their good deeds will not change what has been done already. Even their women who are ordained are still part of this NWO until God sets things right again. I believe that God will abolish this order and re-establish His, which the world will reject because they have fallen in love with this present lifestyle and will not give up all that they have worked so hard for. God says that all of the elements, that's man-made stuff, will be destroyed. I wonder just how long that period of time will take to accomplish that so I then guess that it will last about 3 literal earth years, as if we are in hell, here on earth when we go through the great trib.

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it is my understanding that the virgins of Rev14 are not literal.
they represent the righteous ones that do not fall for the AC's lies and worship him.

all the world will worship him, except these.

imo they represent both men and women, spiritual virgins, waiting to wed the Lord

anyone mixed up with the AC will not wed the Lord as a virgin.

I too, agree with you on this because I see it both ways, naturally and spiritually, with some filtering on some details though. I agree with parts from both views.

Upvote 0