Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
United States
✟10,751.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
:cool: Easter actually does last all the way until Pentecost. You will notice at Mass during these days, the priest will continue to say "...as we celebrate these Easter mysteries..." each week between now and then.

So tell me, why do you want the stigmata?

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see the stigmata as something that would bring a person closer to Jesus. Having the sign of His wounds in your own body...to me that seems like such an immense blessing. And I would hope it would be possibly, a "proof" to people who do not believe in Him yet.
Of course, I know it is up to God to give this or any blessing.

I have read that this is a painful thing. So I do tell Him, 'maybe I don't know what I am talking about, thinking that this is a wonderful thing.' But I still feel drawn to this.

Upvote 0

Look Homeward Anglican

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
United States
✟10,751.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
That is an interesting way to look at it; I have heard it said that the Holy Spirit uses our attraction to help us discern the will of God. If you feel drawn to pray about this, I see no reason why you shouldn't. Have you considered spiritual direction?

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for your kind reply. To be honest, I was a little nervous about people's response. But I wanted to ask anyway.

Now that you mention it, I should talk to my Priest about this! I would very much like to have a spiritual director. That is something I have asked God about a couple of times.
Thank you for your encouragement and God bless you. :)

Upvote 0

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I see the stigmata as something that would bring a person closer to Jesus. Having the sign of His wounds in your own body...to me that seems like such an immense blessing. And I would hope it would be possibly, a "proof" to people who do not believe in Him yet.
Of course, I know it is up to God to give this or any blessing.

I have read that this is a painful thing. So I do tell Him, 'maybe I don't know what I am talking about, thinking that this is a wonderful thing.' But I still feel drawn to this.
It would be an immense blessing, but, imho, also an immense burden requiring special grace (but then, what grace isn't special?). Remember that Padre Pio was asked by the Church to hide his wounds out of worry that too much attention would be drawn to him rather than Christ (or at least that's why I'd like to think he had to)...you'd also run into the issue of many people claiming you are a fake. While I am not saying you should not pray for such a thing, I am just pointing out some challenges you might face. I hope I'm not being too discouraging. I do agree with your thought that you should think about getting a spiritual guide/director :)

May God bless you in your journey, wherever He may lead you :)

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would also like the stigmata on my person, but I understand that most people can not handle the pain and being called a fraud and lier by a lot of people, I see it as a reminder to the World. To remind people what Jesus went through for threr sins. Also, in modern times, only very holy people get the stigmata because they resemble Christ

Upvote 0

hawko

Aug 29, 2006
✟9,246.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Lord gives out His gifts as He chooses. Over the past 25 years the Lord has blessed me with many spiritual gifts, of which I have never specifically asked for. The one thing that I have asked for is the grace to follow our Lord completely, and that the Lord would draw me into the closest possible relationship with Him that I could possibly have. Any spiritual gifts that the Lord gives us should be used for building up our own faith and the faith of others. We should never seek gifts for the sake of drawing attention to ourselves.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord gives out His gifts as He chooses. Over the past 25 years the Lord has blessed me with many spiritual gifts, of which I have never specifically asked for. The one thing that I have asked for is the grace to follow our Lord completely, and that the Lord would draw me into the closest possible relationship with Him that I could possibly have.Any spiritual gifts that the Lord gives us should be used for building up our own faith and the faith of others. We should never seek gifts for the sake of drawing attention to ourselves.

:amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.