Non-Metaphysical Christian Critic
Apr 14, 2009
Oklahoma, United States
✟10,047.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah, now you are bringing the facts of these matters MUCH closer to home where they belong...Your students would be fortunate if you could actually speak of such matters in public. But as you know that is not allowed now is it?
Oh, it's allowed, if you don't use Christian lingo. If you speak of the solidarity of the human race, and how "the worst of me and the best of me is rooted in everyone" it's pretty safe, legally speaking.

Matt. 7:1-5 ftw. This is one of my greatest personal revelations of all time. All human conflict results from our unwillingness to empathize, to understand that what we despise or covet in our neighbor resides in our heart as well. If we had lived their life, who is to say we would have made better or worse choices?

Well, funny thing about that. It is there in most all of any sort of christiandom, but FEW even bother to think about it. Yet that is really almost the ONLY doctrine they ALL have in common. That the 'other people' are gonna fry forever (for various disputes and measures.) No, sadly most just let that part slip by them...and go blandly on to the mundane repetitions. Were we to take such an approach to science we'd still be picking ants out of each others hair for food.
I think A LOT of people have their doubts about it, but keep it quiet, because as you say, it's one of those dogmas that the more vocal elements of fundamentalism tote as a "fundamental of the One True Faith (TM)."

Upvote 0