TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i have one question, if someone step on your foot ( accidentally), should they remove it, even if they don't want to apologize

in the past few years, i have had situations where i was studying in the library, and someone just extended their foot and step on mine, under mine desk and refuse to remove it and expect me to do so.

same with a dinner my parents had yesterday, my uncle extended his foot and stepped on mine, and he did not acknowledge it as usual and expect me to remove mine?

i ask this question because i really have no idea what the etiquette involve in this matter this

thank you

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Imo, true etiquette happens on both parts and both should remove their feet, yielding to the other. Perhaps they didn't know they were stepping on you?

thanks for your reply

actually, in mine situation they definitely know there were step on my foot

in my uncle's case, when he saw i was displeased, he stepped on my foot even harder!

so you are saying that i am in the wrong as well for not removing mine, even though mine is already there?

thanks

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
yes. But when I kick someone under the table, I also apologize and move my feet away as well.

When you have someone who kicks and knows their foot is on yours and they are too stubborn to move - and you are the one who is kicked or whose feet are trodden on and you are too stubborn to move, these are the kinds of things that create problems, conflicts and hard feelings. But if you gladly and joyfully yield to the other person and are polite about it, I find it goes a long way in creating caring relationships. Someone has to be the flexible one and set the example...often that's me. Except with my husband, and then it's just an opportunity to play footsies. :)

Upvote 0

squirrel123

Sep 9, 2015
✟43,176.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I would politely make them aware that they are intruding on your space, and if they don't respond, kick them. Hard. And if you're a woman and wearing high heels, all the better :smirk:

OK, Sorry. Maybe that's not a very Christian response. I find it hard to act Christ-like when people are that disrespectful...

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
what was happening right before your uncle put his foot on yours? do you remember what you were talking about right before this happened?

i would move my foot even if they were in the wrong - humility is always better than strife - remember, you are they one who is trying to be like Jesus in a world where most people aren't :)

Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
in general ppl are gonna know they are stepping on your physical foot. They are imposing disrespect and obviously maybe something else altogether....playing footsies to some ppl is a way to get a response or a cause and effect. Flirting possibly which is way out of line from a relatives stand point.

I would be wary and forewarned things are not altogether what they appear sometimes.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums