• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

a question for believers who suffer from BPD

Godislove94

May 17, 2015
✟8,265.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As someone who suspects that they more likely than not have this disorder, I've come across info that says the fear of abandonment is one of the more debilitating things about BPD. I definitely have it. My question is, how do you deal with the fact that this fear is going to be or already is a reality when people hate, abandon and persecute you because you follow Jesus? I have not yet dealt with much of this but the thought of it makes me hate God because in my mind He ordained it to happen to me and wants to take away everyone I love from me.

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As someone who suspects that they more likely than not have this disorder, I've come across info that says the fear of abandonment is one of the more debilitating things about BPD. I definitely have it. My question is, how do you deal with the fact that this fear is going to be or already is a reality when people hate, abandon and persecute you because you follow Jesus? I have not yet dealt with much of this but the thought of it makes me hate God because in my mind He ordained it to happen to me and wants to take away everyone I love from me.

There are days when I dislike God for things and some days I hate him for my physical problems. I know people will abandon me and persecute me but in the end I know in my heart my husband and most of all Jesus will never leave me. Even in my darkest days or nights. I just have to keep my eyes on Him and not on the world. He doesn't hate you. Jesus doesn't hate. He doesn't have a hateful bone in His body. He loves you so very much. Please remember that. He loves you more then everyone else can. :)

Praying for you. :prayer:

Blessings,

Army Wife :angel:

Upvote 0