Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Our motto is: God said it --- that settles it.

People must think we're kidding when we say that.
But, to be accurate, your motto should be: The Bible says God says it --- that settles it. Or maybe to be more accurate: I say the Bible says that God says it --- that settles it. Or, let's refine it a bit more: I say it --- that settles it.

Neuroscience has shown that our brain has modules, operating in tandem, like a committee, below the level of conscious thought, that make our decisions, which we later rationalize. For some of us, evidence, facts, and reason sit on the committees. For others, only fear, and want, and lust participate in the decision to believe or disbelieve.

If you tell facts, evidence, and reason to "take a hike" then you are going to be wrong very often when the situation is complex.

And without very strong operant conditioning you couldn't change your mind.

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"

You are a good citizen.

:wave:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But, to be accurate, your motto should be: The Bible says God says it --- that settles it. Or maybe to be more accurate: I say the Bible says that God says it --- that settles it. Or, let's refine it a bit more: I say it --- that settles it.

Neuroscience has shown that our brain has modules...
No offense, Gracchus --- I stopped right here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No offense, Gracchus --- I stopped right here.

What does my brain have to do with what I think?

ROLTFLSHINSM!*

Apparently, very little. And I find it hard to blame your brain for that!

And, considering the source, no offense taken.

:D

*Rolling on the floor laughing so hard I nearly soiled myself!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV being that I'm new here, and as The Nihilist pointed out, ignorant of your ways could you please explain to me your true beliefs. I see the "Faith:Christian" (or whatever religion you) thing in your posts, but I'm just wondering. Thanks. :)
QV my profile, please.

It's pretty explanatory.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ROLTFLSHINSM!*

Apparently, very little. And I find it hard to blame your brain for that!

And, considering the source, no offense taken.

:D

*Rolling on the floor laughing so hard I nearly soiled myself!
:doh: --- no comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
People around here say that the number one reason people aren't christians is because of christians themselves. As in...the really religious ones who go around trying to force it on people and preaching over people like there's no tomorrow...Is it true? I'm curious.

Of course atheist (as a whole) are not going to agree with that because it gives Christianity and God merit or significance and that just can not be allowed. I mean atheists are atheists because they only believe in rational thinking and cold hard facts. There is no place for God even in a negative way because that tip-toes on belief, and that is the "real" evil....right?

Usually there is someone they instantly think of when the word Christian is brought up and this person brings up the required allowance for negative reaction.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Of course atheist (as a whole) are not going to agree with that because it gives Christianity and God merit or significance and that just can not be allowed. I mean atheists are atheists because they only believe in rational thinking and cold hard facts. There is no place for God even in a negative way because that tip-toes on belief, and that is the "real" evil....right?
No. The real evil is unbridled respect for any and all beliefs simply because they carry the 'religious' moniker. We don't care what people believe, but allowing beliefs to go without scrutiny is why we have things like chiropractic, homoeopathy, and creationism: people adopt beliefs without realising that they're completely void of merit.

There's a reason we don't believe the Earth is flat, or that the planets orbit the Earth, or that you can tell someone's personality by phrenology, or that a luminiferous aether exists: rigorous testing shows these ideas to be false.

Religion, on the other hand, seems immune to this process by popular vote. For some reason, it's a taboo to criticise someone for their religious beliefs (except in forum specifically designed to discuss such beliefs, such as a public debate).

Allowing 'moderate' beliefs to go unchecked creates a environment for allowing extreme beliefs to spring up. One such belief led to the destruction of the Twin Towers eight years ago today.

You don't see atheists flying planes into buildings in the name of science.

Usually there is someone they instantly think of when the word Christian is brought up and this person brings up the required allowance for negative reaction.
The psychobabble is strong with this one.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't see atheists flying planes into buildings in the name of science.
You don't see atheists flying planes into buildings in the name of religion, either.

Upvote 0