Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hebrews 1:12 also mentions something similar.

And no, I do not believe in a future "rapture". I am also a Preterist ehehe....:)

1 Corin 15:51 Behold! A mystery to ye I am telling.
All not we shall be being reposed, all yet we shall be being changed/allaghsomeqa <236> (5691)
52 in instant, in twinkle of eye, in the last trump. For He shall be trumpeting and the dead-ones shall be being roused uncorruptible and we shall be being changed/allaghsomeqa <236> (5691)

Hebrew 1:12 and as-if a clothing Thou shall be rolling-up/elixeiV <1667> (5692) them as a cloak, and they shall be being changed/allaghsontai <236> (5691).
Thou yet the same are and the years of Thee not shall be lacking/failing".
[Psalm 102:25-27/Reve 6:14]
Hmm this is interesting.
That greek word used in the above verses is similar to the one used by Paul in Gala 4:24

Galatian 4:24 which-any is an allegory/allhgoroumena <238> (5746).
For these are the two Covenants, one indeed from mount Sinai into slavery/douleian <1397> generating/gennwsa <1080> who-any is Hagar.

Textus Rec.) Galatians 4:24 atina estin allhgoroumena autai gar eisin ai duo diaqhkai mia men apo orouV sina eiV douleian gennwsa htiV estin agar

Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I could not answer because of the variety of "rapture" theories out there.
attachment.php

As an aside, is there a difference between theistic evolution and microevolution?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As an aside, is there a difference between theistic evolution and microevolution?
Yes my friend, even a fundie like me accepts micro evolution.
Thiestic evolution essentially go with old world creation and that we evolved THEN God breathed a soul into us.
Micro E is small adaptations to our surroundings over generations.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thiestic evolution essentially go with old world creation and that we evolved THEN God breathed a soul into us.
:angel::angel::angel:

Microevolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*snip*

.........The term 'microevolution' has recently become popular among the anti-evolution movement, and in particular among young Earth creationists. The claim that microevolution is qualitatively different from macroevolution is fallacious, as the main difference between the two processes is that one occurs within a few generations, whilst the other takes place over thousands of years (i.e. a quantitative difference).[3] Essentially they describe the same process.

The attempt to differentiate between microevolution and macroevolution is considered to have no scientific basis by any mainstream scientific organization, including the American Association for the Advancement of Science.[4] Contrary to belief among the anti-evolution movement proponents, evolution of life forms beyond the species level ("macroevolution", i.e. speciation) has indeed been observed and documented by scientists on many occasions.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroevolution

Macroevolution is a scale of analysis of evolution in separated gene pools.[1] Macroevolutionary studies focus on change that occurs at or above the level of species, in contrast with microevolution,[2] which refers to smaller evolutionary changes (typically described as changes in allele frequencies) within a species or population.[3]

The process of speciation may fall within the purview of either, depending on the forces thought to drive it. Paleontology, evolutionary developmental biology, comparative genomics and genomic phylostratigraphy contribute most of the evidence for the patterns and processes that can be classified as macroevolution. An example of macroevolution is the appearance of feathers during the evolution of birds from theropod dinosaurs.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:angel::angel::angel:

Microevolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*snip*

.........The term 'microevolution' has recently become popular among the anti-evolution movement, and in particular among young Earth creationists. The claim that microevolution is qualitatively different from macroevolution is fallacious, as the main difference between the two processes is that one occurs within a few generations, whilst the other takes place over thousands of years (i.e. a quantitative difference).[3] Essentially they describe the same process.

The attempt to differentiate between microevolution and macroevolution is considered to have no scientific basis by any mainstream scientific organization, including the American Association for the Advancement of Science.[4] Contrary to belief among the anti-evolution movement proponents, evolution of life forms beyond the species level ("macroevolution", i.e. speciation) has indeed been observed and documented by scientists on many occasions.[5]

Macroevolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Macroevolution is a scale of analysis of evolution in separated gene pools.[1] Macroevolutionary studies focus on change that occurs at or above the level of species, in contrast with microevolution,[2] which refers to smaller evolutionary changes (typically described as changes in allele frequencies) within a species or population.[3]

The process of speciation may fall within the purview of either, depending on the forces thought to drive it. Paleontology, evolutionary developmental biology, comparative genomics and genomic phylostratigraphy contribute most of the evidence for the patterns and processes that can be classified as macroevolution. An example of macroevolution is the appearance of feathers during the evolution of birds from theropod dinosaurs.

That is why i HATE wiki, all's that is needed to quantify a statement is that there is a writing on it...The source attached for that is "origintalks" a pro-evolution site, far from being unbiased.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is why i HATE wiki, all's that is needed to quantify a statement is that there is a writing on it...The source attached for that is "origintalks" a pro-evolution site, far from being unbiased.
Tis one of the favorite topics for atheists to discuss with Christians and Muslims both. :)

Microevolution vs Macroevolution: Is There A Difference Between Microevolution & Macroevolution?
Microevolution vs Macroevolution
Is There A Difference Between Microevolution & Macroevolution?

THE MUSLIM RESPONSES TO EVOLUTION

There are three different viewpoints of Muslim theologians and scholars about evolution. One view is that evolution is totally contradictory and incompatible with the Islamic teachings. The proponents of this view believe literally in the Quran and Hadith.

Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Ah, I see. I do not see either position as a direct contradiction to the Bible. I also don't think theistic evolution and microevolution contradict each other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I thought I would see how the religion of Judaism views it......:angel:

Jewish views on evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jewish views on evolution includes a continuum of views about evolution, creationism, and the origin of life.
Today, most Jewish denominations accept the science of evolutionary theory and do not see it as incompatible with traditional Judaism, thus endorsing the stance of theistic evolution. It is often tought that "the Torah not be viewed as a textbook".

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-160712591/jews-darwin-evolution-intelligent.html

Jews for Darwin: evolution, intelligent design, and Orthodox Judaism.(Charles Darwin)

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/jewsevolution.html

Jewish views on evolution includes a continuum of views about evolution, creationism, and the origin of life. Some Jewish denominations accept evolutionary creationism (theistic evolution).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Theistic evolution is simply the Christian philosophy that God is behind evolution, that God utilized evolution to produce the wide variety of species, and that God continues to guide biodiversity by evolution.

Microevolution is a term mostly used by YECs as if to suggest that there is a difference between it and regular evolution (which they regard as "macroevolution"). In reality, all evolution is evolution: a lot of a little is a big change.

Upvote 0