A no religion petition! Rebels only please.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because I can't talk to every single Catholic in this country I will consider these polls.

Then ask the Church, that's what it's there for.

From what I understand, statistics are derived from parish records, that is, only Catholics who are registered with a parish are counted. At my parish these are constantly being revised as people come and go.

You did say the Catholic Church was shrinking in this country. From where I sit and from Catholic sources, that's simply not true.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then ask the Church, that's what it's there for.
Catholic parishes in my hometown and all throughout my state have been closing parishes down and consolidateing because of poor church attendance. And this isn't just a Catholic Church thing because the Luthren Church has been experiencing the same thing as well as other mainline Protestant denominations.

You did say the Catholic Church was shrinking in this country. From where I sit and from Catholic sources, that's simply not true.
Yes, and you're from Tucson where the population has been booming for the last 50 years. Perhaps that's why your parish is growing also. You also have a very large Mexican population down there and they are heavily Roman Catholic. But to say that Catholic church attendance throughout the whole country isn't falling is just blind denial and just simply isn't true.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to us we're growing.

Who am I going to believe, the Church or the world?

Death to the World!
That is based on your own personal choice of course.....I however will go with my bro and patron Saint Tyndale :blush:

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/william-tyndale.html

.......A clergyman hopelessly entrenched in Roman Catholic dogma once taunted Tyndale with the statement, “We are better to be without God’s laws than the Pope’s”.
Tyndale was infuriated by such Roman Catholic heresies, and he replied, “I defy the Pope and all his laws. If God spare my life ere many years, I will cause the boy that drives the plow to know more of the scriptures than you!”.....................

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last edited:
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to us we're growing.

Who am I going to believe, the Church or the world?

Death to the World!
Wrong, according to the same site you posted, the Catholic Church is not growing but is stagnant.

http://cara.georgetown.edu/AttendPR.pdf

The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate
Georgetown University
January 10, 2005
Self-reported Mass Attendance of U.S. Catholics
Unchanged during Last Five Years

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
D

dies-l

Wrong, according to the same site you posted, the Catholic Church is not growing but is stagnant.

http://cara.georgetown.edu/AttendPR.pdf

The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate
Georgetown University
January 10, 2005
Self-reported Mass Attendance of U.S. Catholics
Unchanged during Last Five Years

What is the measuring stick of Church growth? Is it really all about numbers? The largest church in America is known for its superficiality and unwillingness to preach the gospel in Truth. Is that representative of what the church ought to strive for? Should we all flock to Houston and join Lakewood? After all, that Joel Osteen is quite the preacher -- he doesn't teach the Bible, but he sure can draw a crowd!

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is the measuring stick of Church growth? Is it really all about numbers? The largest church in America is known for its superficiality and unwillingness to preach the gospel in Truth. Is that representative of what the church ought to strive for? Should we all flock to Houston and join Lakewood? After all, that Joel Osteen is quite the preacher -- he doesn't teach the Bible, but he sure can draw a crowd!
Well I certainly don't just look at the numbers, I also interact with people. Go talk to some people who used to attend church but no longer do, they have alot to say. The church isn't listening to them, that's for sure. The church is too busy defending itself to listen.

Reactions: squint
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Church belongs to Jesus and He has equipped us to build that Church. The enemy has tried to divide us ever since the church's infancy, after it began on the Day of Pentecost, and many of God's children have fallen into the trap.
Tis true :thumbsup:

Matthew 8:12 The yet Sons of the Kingdom shall be being Cast-Out into the darkness, the Outer/exwteron <1857>.
There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Church belongs to Jesus and He has equipped us to build that Church. The enemy has tried to divide us ever since the church's infancy, after it began on the Day of Pentecost, and many of God's children have fallen into the trap.
And in my estimation we are losing the current battle. This generation is in trouble and until the Church adresses that things are only going to get worse! Honestly folks, we have to get back to the basics of grace through faith, back to the basics of life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Tis true :thumbsup:

Matthew 8:12 The yet Sons of the Kingdom shall be being Cast-Out into the darkness, the Outer/exwteron <1857>.
There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.

in that context it means Jews.
=P

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And in my estimation we are losing the current battle. Honestly folks, we have to get back to the basics of grace through faith, back to the basics of life.

Which of the myriad lists and details of what that might be and consist of may you suggest to gather under?

???

Such agreement flags barely exist whatsoever, IF at all currently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And in my estimation we are losing the current battle. Honestly folks, we have to get back to the basics of grace through faith, back to the basics of life.
YouTube - 4 Him - Basics of Life

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which of the myriad lists and details of what that might be and consist of may you suggest to gather under?

???

Such agreement flags barely exist whatsoever, IF at all currently.
What do you mean by "agreement flags"? I wasn't talking about agreement. Nor was I talking about lists and details. You're asking me to answer a strawman question. The gospel message is simple, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. There are no lists and details other than that. And, in my humble opinion, the reason why the Church isn't growing is because we made it into a bunch of lists and details and then argue about them amongst ourselves profusely.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by "agreement flags"? I wasn't talking about agreement. Nor was I talking about lists and details.

You stated:
"Honestly folks, we have to get back to the basics of grace through faith,"

Pick a term, any term. Any term WILL always [without fail] and provably consistantly fall into disagreements and subjectivity.

You're asking me to answer a strawman question.

Strawman? lol. Just the term 'religion' caused a several post wrangle right here in this thread, with no determination by any of the posters between themselves.

This fact is no strawman in the 'religious' world whatsoever. And even more so on some particular terms, such as 'faith' of 'grace.'

There are scriptural reasonings about why such things are so, and will remain so regardless of anyones attempts to gain unity.

The gospel message is simple, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

What does 'believe' mean? Who is Jesus?

Orthodoxy remains split for centuries now merely trying to define the verbiage over how to view God in Christ, yet alone what it means to 'believe.'

There are no lists and details other than that.

I could provide several counters to your simplicity that would effectually ERADICATE that understanding as being 'the only view available.' And therein lies the difficulty. If one is to be true to the text, the text will provide MANY alternative views, almost down to each and every individual reflecting upon same [which the text itself claims to cause.]

And, in my humble opinion, the reason why the Church isn't growing is because we made it into a bunch of lists and details and then argue about them amongst ourselves profusely.

I certainly don't disagree, but funneling it down to a simplicity as you propose will at the same time DENY a mulititude of 'alternative presentations' in the text, so the simplicity is not as simple as you propose and would perhaps be better served to be expanded rather than simplified to do honor to the texts own wide spread presentations.

s

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean by "agreement flags"?

Papal%20Flag%20%281%29.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is also because of the pastors.They minister out of their own maturity level,and right now it is out of legalism,which brings forth death,and puts those in the pews to sleep.It seems like alot of churches are totally dominated by the thoughts of one man,rather than letting those in the "audience" participate.Here is a verse that in most churhes,is not quoted by the pastor,because he is hogging the pulpit with his egocentric 'teaching",usally brought on by his own stagnation.

1 Cor 14:26
What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up.

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0