America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The church of this new revival in Daphne, Alabama is led by John Kilpatrick, who was the pastor of the Brownsville, Florida church during the Brownsville revival in 1995.

I guess this is another Toronto, Brownsville, Lakeland type revival...

peace,
Simon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Tales of a Twice Born Man
Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The church of this new revival in Daphne, Alabama is led by John Kilpatrick, who was the pastor of the Brownsville, Florida church during the Brownsville revival in 1995.

peace,
Simon

Yup, same vein.

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

peace,

Simon

when these revivals start attracting in thousands on unbelievers, I'll be convinced about them. All I see is jet setting believers on a signs and wonders sight seeing tour.

Steve

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus warned us not to listen to people who said, "Lo, He is here or there." Why? Because that's not how the Kingdom of God works. No man needs to make a journey to have a relationship with God. Pilgrimages are for muslims and catholics, not Bible believing Christians.

You want to know what these guys call revival, take a look here. It should change your mind on the subject:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
when these revivals start attracting in thousands on unbelievers, I'll be convinced about them. All I see is jet setting believers on a signs and wonders sight seeing tour.

Steve

Pretty much. The people were sold on an "experience" as if faith in Christ isn't enough.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Faith that never produces a result is just dead faith. Works includes the miraculous.

But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father. - John 10:38

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. - James 2:26

Both are the same Greek word, and while the context of each use differs, if we research the works Christ did, his ministry gave to the poor, and likewise James saw miracles, so both the miraculous or giving are works, and both are the result of faith.

But really, you don't have to leave your living room to get a miracle, so I basically agree about going on tours to see them like it's a sideshow.

But then I'm blessed to go to a church were miracles are pretty common.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
folks who Don't go and do as the lord has said ...but sit around each sunday being prim and proper..
VS
folks who Don't go and do as the lord has said ...but run around giggling and being improper..

the only unity being a religious spirit causing people to bicker against one another .. the demons are not divided and win ..as long as neither part GO and Do the will of god ..
It is the corinthians church through and through . bickering squabbling babies ,still in their milk .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So has anyone actually BEEN to this revival or are we all just judging it from a distance without actually, you know, seeing if our assumptions are right?
Any revival needs to be demonstrably Scriptural, right? the Scriptures are the yardstick to measure them by.

Upvote 0

Jason Sanders

Dec 26, 2015
Toms River
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Any revival needs to be demonstrably Scriptural, right? the Scriptures are the yardstick to measure them by.
Obviously, but how can you tell if it IS Scriptual if you don't actually go to it and see for yourself? Anyone can say anything they want about anything on the Internet- actually going to the darn thing is a lot more informative on what's actually happening there than second hand accounts from people who obviously don't like the people running the thing.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Obviously, but how can you tell if it IS Scriptual if you don't actually go to it and see for yourself? Anyone can say anything they want about anything on the Internet- actually going to the darn thing is a lot more informative on what's actually happening there than second hand accounts from people who obviously don't like the people running the thing.
The question is, Is the Word of God being added to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Revivals are, in fact, not scriptural according to Jesus. Look what He says here. If people try to claim God is at work in a particular place, they're lying. That's the kind of thinking Muslims and Catholics have with their pilgrimages, but that is not the way God works and that won't change until He returns fully:

Matthew 24
23 Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, 'Look, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Take a look at that last verse. Interesting what how He describes what these gatherings are like. These people in these revivals think they're so alive in Christ with these fleshly experiences, but the truth is it's really just dead and those who descend upon that kind of scheme aren't much different than vultures to a corpse.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You uh, you sure about that? Because there is no Scriptual basis for the gifts of the Spirit being a temporary thing.

You're correct, they are still at work, but not like this signs and wonders movement works things. They manifest according to God's will, it's not like God gave you something to do whatever you want with it. God knows what man is like, and Father God is not facilitating the abuse of His Holy Spirit at the hands of men. The Holy Spirit always follows Father's will.

In other words, you cannot flick the Spiritual gifts on and off like a light. They happen according to God's will, for the benefit of the Body, and manifest when He sees fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Revivals are, in fact, not scriptural according to Jesus. Look what He says here. If people try to claim God is at work in a particular place, they're lying. That's the kind of thinking Muslims and Catholics have with their pilgrimages, but that is not the way God works and that won't change until He returns fully:

Matthew 24
23 Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, 'Look, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Take a look at that last verse. Interesting what how He describes what these gatherings are like. These people in these revivals think they're so alive in Christ with these fleshly experiences, but the truth is it's really just dead and those who descend upon that kind of scheme aren't much different than vultures to a corpse.
As usual, those verses don't say what you say they say, unless you can cite credible sources that they are claiming Jesus has returned and is physically present, in body, at those revivals.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're correct, they are still at work, but not like this signs and wonders movement works things. They manifest according to God's will, it's not like God gave you something to do whatever you want with it. God knows what man is like, and Father God is not facilitating the abuse of His Holy Spirit at the hands of men. The Holy Spirit always follows Father's will.

In other words, you cannot flick the Spiritual gifts on and off like a light. They happen according to God's will, for the benefit of the Body, and manifest when He sees fit.
So, do you believe that the gifts are fully active and to be desired?

Upvote 0