Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“We are witnessing the development and acceptance of a new moral code in America. Mosaics (those under 25) have had little exposure to traditional moral teaching and limited accountability for such behavior…The result is that without much fanfare or visible leadership, the U.S. has created a moral system based on convenience, feelings, and selfishness.

The consistent deterioration of the Bible as the source of moral truth has led to a nation where people have become independent judges of right and wrong, basing their choices on feelings and circumstances. It is not likely that America will return to a more traditional moral code until the nation experiences significant pain from its moral choices.“

These are the sobering words of George Barna, a seasoned author and researcher of national trends in faith and morality. Below is a telling list of moral actions taken by both Baby Boomers and Mosaics within the past week of being interviewed.

Continued- http://edbahler.com/2008/08/29/a-new-moral-code-in-america/

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep Michie, you know this topic would get my attention.^_^ I was just talking to my own Father this weekend about this same subject, and he actually told me that I need to get with the times, and that the Church needs to get with the times. :doh: Out of respect for my Father, I did not argue to much, but did tell him I do not need to get with anything, and my way of thinking is proper, and that I stand firm on the vary principles and morals that they had drilled into me as a young girl.

I was shocked and disappointed to hear him talking that way.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People talk about children & peer pressure. I don't think people ever outgrow peer pressure & being influenced one way or the other. People run in packs & attack & tear down in packs.

As I stated in another thread, had I seen a lot of the attitudes displayed here I'm not sure I would have bothered with conversion.

The one thing attracting converts is the Church standing strong regardless when all others are changing this & that.

But I see regardless of Church stance there is just as much infighting & disagreement as in any protestant Church. If not that- a sort of enabling.

By devout Catholics.

Don't dare call them anything else. :p

It's disheartening.

What makes Catholic Christians different from anyone else anymore? I can't tell.

We've turned our faith into a moral system based on convenience, feelings & selfishness also.

The light in a dark world is not shining so brightly anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are right about the Church standing strong. I was just told the other night by a friend whom I told the story to about my dad and i, that the Church doesn't change, the people do. The people need to get with the Church, not the Church with the people.

Reactions: JoabAnias
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are right about the Church standing strong. I was just told the other night by a friend whom I told the story to about my dad and i, that the Church doesn't change, the people do. The people need to get with the Church, not the Church with the people.
I agree. Even when I don't understand a particular stance or teaching. But you still do the best you can to follow it. Not to plant seeds in others minds to distract them from doing so. I think we've turned American standards & politics into our guiding light. Our solution. Not the Church. I think most in America see it that way. Hence the problem. Everyone wants to fit in & change with the times man. :cool: ;)

Basically have the title of Christian but on our own terms.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you, but on the other hand, it has always been like this. there have always been people saying religion is no good, society has always had bad habits (like slavery, forcing people to convert or burned at the stake, the worlds oldest profession)
America is not doing so well moraly, but in other parts of the world more people are getting a better understanding of the Gospel and are getting rid of pagan practices. everything goes in cycles, we just happen to be in the down part

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I agree with you, but on the other hand, it has always been like this. there have always been people saying religion is no good, society has always had bad habits (like slavery, forcing people to convert or burned at the stake, the worlds oldest profession)
America is not doing so well moraly, but in other parts of the world more people are getting a better understanding of the Gospel and are getting rid of pagan practices. everything goes in cycles, we just happen to be in the down part
There is a definite cycle in the bible of sin followed by repentance and salvation before the cycle begins again.

There are just as many cases of nations and civilizations being completely erased from the pages of history.

Salvation is not guaranteed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.