Upvote 0

SoulFly51

Sep 19, 2004
✟9,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ahh - I see what you're upset about - because non-Christians can access these forums now.

Don't you think something is wrong with a group of people who claim they follow Jesus yet throw a fit because "sinners" are allowed into their presence?

Jesus says in Luke that He came to seek and save what is lost. Over an over again in the gospels we read about Him hanging out with the unrighteous and the "sinners" over the major religious leaders and "good people" of His day. His closest friends were cowards, thieves, terrorists, prostitutes, and rednecks.

If Jesus were registered as a user here on these forums, do you think He'd have a problem with people like that posting around Him?

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Dark am I, yet lovely.....Song of Songs 1:5
Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ahh - I see what you're upset about - because non-Christians can access these forums now.

Don't you think something is wrong with a group of people who claim they follow Jesus yet throw a fit because "sinners" are allowed into their presence?

Jesus says in Luke that He came to seek and save what is lost. Over an over again in the gospels we read about Him hanging out with the unrighteous and the "sinners" over the major religious leaders and "good people" of His day. His closest friends were cowards, thieves, terrorists, prostitutes, and rednecks.

If Jesus were registered as a user here on these forums, do you think He'd have a problem with people like that posting around Him?
That's such a cop-out thing to say! The whole " What if Jesus was here!" thing! Puh-leez!

1. Non Christians could always access this forum!
2. The questian is whether or not we will be CENSORED! Do you understand that certain liberites we have now may not remain?
3. Lot's of folks were talking about this......and I am simply asking what other people thought, not trying to organzie some revolt, for as you can see.....I'm still here! :wave:

Let me ask you, do you think Jesus would put rednecks in the same group as prostitues, terroists, and theives? That is so mean! Why would you saysomething like that?

Upvote 0

SoulFly51

Sep 19, 2004
✟9,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
lol I live in Arkansas - where are you from? :p

Maybe my definition of redneck is different from yours?

"What if Jesus was here" is a copout? Yeah, I'd hate to bring Him up or talk about what He might do or how He might act. [/sarcasm]

Isn't that what being a Christian is all about - being like Jesus?

I don't mean to make you feel like I'm picking on you - I'm just making a point. After reading your post I browsed the other denominational forums and am sick after reading the reactions of different people.

I read Erwin's post regarding the changes and the purpose behind them. No liberties are threatened. This site is made up of 200,000 registered users 90% of whom are Christians. The site is owned by a Christian administrator, and maintained by Christian staff. Christians are the ones voting moderators into power, and Christians are the ones ultimately in control.

I've spent a lot of time around here over the past few years and am very happy to see that more is being done to impact non-Christians in a positive way.

It bothers me greatly that many Christians are blind to the lost around them, and would let non-Christians go to hell in order to stay within their holy huddles.

Reactions: Bananna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
lol I live in Arkansas - where are you from? :p

Maybe my definition of redneck is different from yours?

"What if Jesus was here" is a copout? Yeah, I'd hate to bring Him up or talk about what He might do or how He might act. [/sarcasm]

Isn't that what being a Christian is all about - being like Jesus?

I don't mean to make you feel like I'm picking on you - I'm just making a point. After reading your post I browsed the other denominational forums and am sick after reading the reactions of different people.

I read Erwin's post regarding the changes and the purpose behind them. No liberties are threatened. This site is made up of 200,000 registered users 90% of whom are Christians. The site is owned by a Christian administrator, and maintained by Christian staff. Christians are the ones voting moderators into power, and Christians are the ones ultimately in control.

I've spent a lot of time around here over the past few years and am very happy to see that more is being done to impact non-Christians in a positive way.

It bothers me greatly that many Christians are blind to the lost around them, and would let non-Christians go to hell in order to stay within their holy huddles.
Rednecks-Schmednecks!

You aren't any better than anybody else. You miss the mark too at times, or do you? I don't know! Maybe you are perfect!

It will not be powered by Christians for much longer if non Christians can become moderators and site supporters and when people are investing their money in something, they get a say-so! I don't care who owns it and I don't care who disagrees! Once again, non-Christians have ALWAYS been able to come here so that whole "outreach" thing isn't the greatest argument! There are so many places for outreach and sharing faith. Too many other sites and chatrooms are filled with people who simply want to argue and attack peoples faiths, but CF allowed protection for those who are true seekers as well as for Christians to "huddle". I left places like this when I found CF because they are not productive! I don't care what anybody says! They aren't! CF was not like that because of the way it presented itself. No offense, but you sound very naive! I personnaly can not see how anyone can buy that 100%! Not yet! I'm taking it with a grain of salt, and will believe it when I see it!

Upvote 0

Loveaboveall

Mar 14, 2007
✟8,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rednecks-Schmednecks!

You aren't any better than anybody else. You miss the mark too at times, or do you? I don't know! Maybe you are perfect!

It will not be powered by Christians for much longer if non Christians can become moderators and site supporters and when people are investing their money in something, they get a say-so! I don't care who owns it and I don't care who disagrees! Once again, non-Christians have ALWAYS been able to come here so that whole "outreach" thing isn't the greatest argument! There are so many places for outreach and sharing faith. Too many other sites and chatrooms are filled with people who simply want to argue and attack peoples faiths, but CF allowed protection for those who are true seekers as well as for Christians to "huddle". I left places like this when I found CF because they are not productive! I don't care what anybody says! They aren't! CF was not like that because of the way it presented itself. No offense, but you sound very naive! I personnaly can not see how anyone can buy that 100%! Not yet! I'm taking it with a grain of salt, and will believe it when I see it!

So, in reality, what you are saying is that you want LESS liberties here. Liberties are not being taken away they are being given!

Upvote 0

JDIBe

Oct 3, 2006
Midland, TX
✟9,039.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By the way, redneck = racist in some circles.

And in some circles it's a derogatory term used by urban people to express their perceived superiority toward poor southerners.

It's probably a term best not used at all in this discussion, if possible. if you want to say "racist" say "racist".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And in some circles it's a derogatory term used by urban people to express their perceived superiority toward poor southerners.

It's probably a term best not used at all in this discussion, if possible. if you want to say "racist" say "racist".
What about poor southern urban people?

Upvote 0

Bananna

Contributor
Site Supporter
Apr 26, 2005
PNW
Visit site
✟31,962.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
thanks for informing me of the boycott.

I may not be here for a few days but It is a wedding I'm up to -I am not boycotting.

I disagree with the name change but i just keep praying. One thing I find abhorant is people trying to control the authorities they have over them with withholding loyalty. This is not an issue of breaking God's commands. This is an issue of leadership and ministry style.

Leadership is hard enough without a bunch of people trying to force them to go their way, and not everyone can be pleased.

I've had so many hurtful prejudice remarks made against me in the name of Christ since I changed my icon, souly because people thought they were good enough to stand in Yeshuah's place and judge me. Now I see many doing the same to Erwin... yet again. It isn't even a salvation issue.

The contention of some that they think they can give a gift and use it as if it were a bribe for the leader to bend over backward, is something every Christian should learn not to do. Gifts and support are freely given. Presumably you prayerfully give your money at the time of giving. God knows what the leader is about to do. Reassess how you support ministries, but don't get mad at the leader.

JMO
bananna

Upvote 0

JDIBe

Oct 3, 2006
Midland, TX
✟9,039.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What about poor southern urban people?
I don't know. It's not a term I use frequently. I have heard some people who live above the Mason-Dixon Line refer to all people below as "rednecks". Primarily, I have heard it applied to rural poor.

Regardless I, like you, don't think it belongs in a list with cowards, thieves, terrorists, and prostitutes. Being poor and from the south does not make a person "undesirable". It also does not make one a racist. If one wants to say "racist", just say "racist".

Now that being said, I agree with you somewhat. I think there is a place on this board for strictly Christians. We do the same thing outside the board as well. We call it "fellowship". As for WWJD, there were many times Jesus withdrew from the crowds with His Apostles only.

There is a place for BOTH types of discussion on this board. Both are important and useful. Keeping it adequately balanced, (and from a practical standpoint, separated) seems to be the problem, IMO.

Upvote 0