A MOTHER RAISED FROM THE DEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know I posted this earlier in the testimonies thread but I just want to highlight it again and add more info.

The woman in the testimony is the mother of a man in my church by the name of Albert. He is a member of our Security Ministry.

His mother had some intestinal disease and was in critical condition in the ICU.

She died. The doctor told the family that there was simply no heartbeat or pulse, and told them to go home and prepare her funeral.

Albert managed to convince the doctors (as well as family members) to just leave her connected to the life support system (despite there being no heartbeat). According to the law here, this is allowable for a maximum of 3 days.

So, in the course of the 3 days, the family members took communion at home everyday. I'm sure they prayed a lot too. I don't think any hands were laid or annointing oil used.

On the third (or fourth, not sure) day, her eyes opened! In short, she is now at home and well. Praise God!

The doctor was amazed and surprised. And wrote down "Miracle" on the patient record sheet.

My Pastor also said that the doctor's documents and records are all there, should anyone want to investigate.

Perhaps my church will document this properly in our magazine or produce a documentary or something.

God bless!

Godisincontrol

Nov 3, 2003
✟253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Andrew said:
I know I posted this earlier in the testimonies thread but I just want to highlight it again and add more info.

The woman in the testimony is the mother of a man in my church by the name of Albert. He is a member of our Security Ministry.

His mother had some intestinal disease and was in critical condition in the ICU.

She died. The doctor told the family that there was simply no heartbeat or pulse, and told them to go home and prepare her funeral.

Albert managed to convince the doctors (as well as family members) to just leave her connected to the life support system (despite there being no heartbeat). According to the law here, this is allowable for a maximum of 3 days.

So, in the course of the 3 days, the family members took communion at home everyday. I'm sure they prayed a lot too. I don't think any hands were laid or annointing oil used.

On the third (or fourth, not sure) day, her eyes opened! In short, she is now at home and well. Praise God!

The doctor was amazed and surprised. And wrote down "Miracle" on the patient record sheet.

My Pastor also said that the doctor's documents and records are all there, should anyone want to investigate.

Perhaps my church will document this properly in our magazine or produce a documentary or something.

God bless!
I would love to investigate. I believe the bible says God appointed man to die once...so, if you can get a copy of all of the records, then scan and email them to me...I'd love to see it.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Upvote 0

admtaylor

Aug 9, 2003
Overland Park, Kansas
Visit site
✟1,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Andrew said:
Godisincontrol,

You don't believe in the dead being raised? Jesus raised the dead. The Apostles raised the dead in Acts too.

I am not at liberty to get the records. Patient records are confidential. If you are really interested, you can call the church and speak to the pastors yourself.
I don't put anything past GOD but this stinks of hypersensationalism. Why do people stretch the truth to push the faith? the word is capable of doing the saving and spreading on its own.

Upvote 0

LeeS

aka SpiritPsalmist
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟1,025.00
Faith
Pentecostal
admtaylor said:
I don't put anything past GOD but this stinks of hypersensationalism. Why do people stretch the truth to push the faith? the word is capable of doing the saving and spreading on its own.
admtaylor,

Andrew said it was the mother of a man in his church. I don't mean to be mean but perhaps it's your "smeller" that is off. ;)

Why can't you just rejoice in what God did? Whether it's hypersensationalized or not?

Upvote 0

Godisincontrol

Nov 3, 2003
✟253.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Andrew said:
Godisincontrol,

You don't believe in the dead being raised? Jesus raised the dead. The Apostles raised the dead in Acts too.

I am not at liberty to get the records. Patient records are confidential. If you are really interested, you can call the church and speak to the pastors yourself.
If the records are open to everyone, you should be allowed to as I...and you should check it out for yourself...dont you think:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChosenbyGod

Nov 27, 2003
california
✟133.00
Faith
Christian
Andrew said:
I post a true testimony from my church and I am accused of hypersensationalism? *LOL

Well, those who can believe God still does miracles today may rejoice with me. But those who don't pls stay out and refrain from posting. :)
Some may believe in miracles, but may also believe that the bible says it won't happen right now correct?

Upvote 0

Duggie

Oct 9, 2003
STEVENAGE
Visit site
✟892.00
Faith
Christian
Occasionally I listen to a teacher named Andrew Wommack. He was sharing his testimony regarding his son who died and was brought back to life through prayer and faith. I think his son was dead for quite a long while. I haven't heard the full story but would like too. Personally, I believe his testimony. I fail to see what lying about it would achieve!! :)

Upvote 0

ChosenbyGod

Nov 27, 2003
california
✟133.00
Faith
Christian
Duggie said:
Occasionally I listen to a teacher named Andrew Wommack. He was sharing his testimony regarding his son who died and was brought back to life through prayer and faith. I think his son was dead for quite a long while. I haven't heard the full story but would like too. Personally, I believe his testimony. I fail to see what lying about it would achieve!! :)
I wonder if they lie to itch the ears of the crowds to keep people stirred up and coming back with a bigger tithe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crosslight

Stacie Jaye
Nov 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said that we would do these thing and more because He went to be with our Father....

I believe this is a tough world, and I believe that the Lord wants to do some really big things to catch the world's attention.

Remember, Jesus said, more than once.. if you do not believe me.. then at least believe the miracles I do...

The miracles are here.. but still, there are some who refuse to believe.

Come, Jesus, Come quickly.
we love You

Your friend,
stacie

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In my last care group meeting last Tue, we discussed this testimony a little. A brother who does a lot of missionary work in indonesia and has a couple of missionary friends said that raising the dead is a "common thing" in some parts of the world, esp third world countries or places where medical facilities are just not available or extremely far away.

He has a missionary friend who ministers in Papua New Guinea. He (the missionary friend) said that in their village there, the mortality rate is very high, due to lack of medicine, facilities, hygiene etc. So people dying is a common, every other day thing.

But so is raising the dead! He said that while we in developed countries ask for prayer for simple common things like a heahache or toothache -- very common prayer requests -- over there, its prayer to raise the dead.

Someone would come running to the missionary and say "So and so just died, can you pls come pray for him." And he wld go, and raise the dead. It was a common thing there.

God certainly is good and always meets our needs. If there ain't doctors or hihg-tech equipment or ambulances that respond within minutes, He wld still meet us at our need and simply raise the dead.

Also, why should raising the dead be such a surprising/unbelievable thing to us?

Don't we claim to believe in a God of miracles? Didn't Jesus say that we would do greater works?

God bless

Upvote 0

Crosslight

Stacie Jaye
Nov 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Oh amen and amen...

A God who parted the Red Sea (told Moses get up and go raise his hand)

A God who held His Breath, held His anger, held His wrath, judgement, fury, ... as they abused Jesus and put Him on the cross...

Just so we can have the power to become the children of God....

Who raised Jesus
saved us
filled us
called us...

Death is no problem..
(but our limited vision and understanding and worldview can seriously hinder our Father's work through us...

His servant and friend
stacie

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Andrew said:
I post a true testimony from my church and I am accused of hypersensationalism? *LOL

Well, those who can believe God still does miracles today may rejoice with me. But those who don't pls stay out and refrain from posting. :)
Because someone is sceptical that makes them not believe in miracles?
We are told in scripture to test all things and to hold fast to that which is true. It would be wise for all believers to heed to that teaching.
I believe God can do anything He so choses to do.

So I say give this person the liberty to question a miracle like this, if it is indeed true then you have nothing to worry about.

Soli Deo Gloria

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.