A little something that's all about me

Daniel_Oak

Apr 5, 2006
✟7,681.00
Faith
Agnostic
Hello everyone, I thought I'd just quickly introduce myself.

I'm a 21 year old British agnostic, but was raised as a Christian. In my late teens I decided to take my faith seriously with the intention of fulfilling whatever role God had for me. I suppose that due to natural feelings of insigificance in a big world I became determined to please a God who valued me. However I didn't want to fall in the trap of letting my ego lead me rather then God so I tried above all else to be honest. However daily prayer, bible reading and regular fellowship with Christians made me feel something wasn't right. In truth the more I learned about my beliefs the less I belived them and the more I prayed the more I felt that I was alone. I had to be honest with myself and so after a long while I finally accepted the fact that I didn't believe.

A nice introduction of myself eh? It is important to why I decided to visit this forum so read on if you're curious.

I wasn't afraid of angering God or risking hell because I was more afraid of living a lie and being untrue to myself. So after looking at my life honestly I decided to try and find out what I do believe. Well it turns out that there is not so much I am totally sure of. But that became one of my first things. In a sentance: I am ignorant about many things. So my aim is merely to learn. All this has made me interested in philiosophy so I have come to this forum to learn about myself and sharpen my thinking skills. I don't claim to be smart or know much of anything but I try to be honest and think carefully about things so I can draw good conclusions without letting other facors influence me. A simple honest and considerate mind is what I hope to offer this forum.

That's all, I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can.

HolyknightofGod

Feb 25, 2006
✟8,135.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
15.gif

Upvote 0

pupkrazy15

Apr 2, 2005
✟824.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome!!
I hope you have a great time here!! You may want to click on FAQ button on the top of the sceen for any questions, or feel free to pm (private message) me. Highlight this:

Jesus love's YOU!! Although you cant see him he is still there!!

pupkrazy15:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.