emsquishi

Oct 28, 2009
Victoria
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi, please excuse me if my questions seem a bit silly. I was brought up in a Christian home, gave my heart to the lord but as a teenager strayed away and have I the last few months returned to God. I had always thought thought there was just the Anit-Christ but after some reading and bible study I see there is a false prophet. I always thought they were the same thing. Sorry, can anyone help me with this subject please? Thank you. :amen:

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And there is a beast.

Jeremiah is a trustworthy speaker, I think you will enjoy him. I like to listen to Perry Stone -- "Watch previous episodes" lists them by topic.
Media Center

Throughout history, there will always be strong leaders who oppose Christianity. It is always good to be watchful.

There will also be false prophets, and these are spoken of throughout the Bible.

And there will always be beastly players and systems, that have no conscience when they selfishly wreak havoc.

Horrible things have happened on this earth, and will continue to happen. God wants you to be prepared for each danger you may face, to pray for and assist the people in trouble now.

The revelation John had shows a pivot point in history where troubles accelerate, after which there is some closure. The revelation doesn't just prepare us for that final event, but for troubles and confusing perceptions we might face as we live normal life.

Trusting one man/woman -- whether prophet, politician, business leader, movie star gone altruistic -- always puts us at risk. God wants us to put Him closest in our hearts, and to listen to His whispers about the reliability and intent of any leader.

You can also get some good prophecy information from Jack VanImpe, but he talks terribly fast.

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
. Forget the Future and concentrate on Today.
MY BROTHER,

i think our Lord would agree with you, given that He said,

"Therefore don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."[Matthew 6:34 (HCSB)]

ephraim

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi, please excuse me if my questions seem a bit silly. I was brought up in a Christian home, gave my heart to the lord but as a teenager strayed away and have I the last few months returned to God. I had always thought thought there was just the Anit-Christ but after some reading and bible study I see there is a false prophet. I always thought they were the same thing. Sorry, can anyone help me with this subject please? Thank you. :amen:

Honestly, those matters are very obscured and mysterious in Scripture. John's letter speaks of many anti-christs, for instance. Revelation speaks of a mystery "image of the beast" -- where the beast has attributes of the four world empires: greece, rome, persia, and babylon.

Some point out the false prophet has attributes of perhaps an organization, or a collection of believers, such as "the false church" and so on.

This is in Revelation Chapter 13. The wording, if you study it, is extremely obscure and difficult with a lot of context pointing back to many verses in the Old Testament... both the Law and Prophets.

IMO, you should focus on the teachings of Jesus foremost. Always keep the words of Revelation in mind, as there is a blessing for those who do... but be very careful of sticking to one thing or another. That is a big and hard lesson I have learned over many years.

Also, study the Law and Prophets, especially if you have an interest in prophecy.

Be very, very careful on relying on outside sources. You have an inside source, the Holy Spirit. As John said, 'the anointing teaches you all things'.

Upvote 0
C

childofmercy

Hello :) I wanted to start by telling you this is truly not a silly question. For the day and age we live in this is an important understanding as ever there was.

It is true we should focus on Jesus and His teachings and His life and what He came to do for us .. all of the gospel.

Revelation means 'unveiling or uncovering'. It is the truth unveiled to us that we may know what takes place. It doesn't mean we should live in terror of it or live obsessively in any way with the information. It is simply that we know the truth to keep us from damnation. A great amount of Revelation is about the Anti-Christ. You can see you've asked a very important question. Take what you learn and always, always! ask the Lord to reveal what is the truth. The bible teaches us we will know the truth when we see it. That can only be through the Holy Spirit. I went and found this from an old post of mine. may it bless you.

verses on antichrist

Matthew 24:5,23,24,26
Mark 13:6,21,22Luke 21:8
2 Thessalonians 2:3-12
1 John 2:18,22
1 John 4:3
2 John 1:7
Revelation 19:20
Revelation 20:10,15

1. Anyone who believes or teaches anything other than the doctrine of Jesus Christ comes with the spirit of antichrist. This person is not the antichrist. He carries the spirit of antichrist.

There are two ultimate spirits. The Holy Spirit - the Spirit of God, Himself .. and the spirit not of God. Just as God's Spirit is of love and faith and truth and more .. the spirit of antichrist is lies, deception, greed, anger, lust, etc. Those are things not of the Lord. You can clearly see the difference. Those are known as the fruits of those two spirits or the fruit of the tree which they come from. There are two masters. Jesus Christ and Satan. We must choose which we will follow. We must remember that Jesus Christ is the Lord of lords and Master of masters. Satan may be a master but he's not the Master and he will answer to the true Master in time. Galatians 5 is a good book on the differences.

2. Then there is the antichrist. And he will come and he will stand where he ought not. The general conclusion on this is meaning the Temple Mount. He is to be greatly feared because he has the ability to cost people their souls by deceiving people into following him. He does everything to imitate Christ .. many will be deceived into beleiving he is Christ. That's why the bible warns us to be afraid of the one who can make you desolate .. hence you can see where in Daniel the term 'abomination of desolation' fits in. You see the antichrist comes to lie and deceive people into following him because he believes he should be the greatest. All those spirits of antichrist belong to the antichrist. That's why it's crucial to learn what the Lord would say to you and what Satan would say to you. Then you know which tree the fruit is falling from. Seek and learn for yourself the Truth. It's mighty scary times to listen to me or anyone else. The scriptures are up there. Ask God to open your eyes to the Truth. He says seek and ye shall find. I believe that means seek from Him the Truth .. not man. And I believe He means it when He says you will find it. It's good to get help sometimes in trying to understand. But never, ever accept it as the final word. That belongs to God and God alone.

Upvote 0