A List of Famous Seventh Day Adventists (you have to check this out guys!)…

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part of the point was to note famous people who are either adventist or have had adventist connections. The website tries to point this out.

I made this thread like months ago, funny it came back, oh and on the topic of student loans and math... :D!

ROCK ON
:D

(Switchfoot rocks, BTW!)

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes there are many famous SDA out in the world. Little Richard and I go back to the days of Pastor McNealy of Maranatha SDA Church in Atlanta, Georgia. Delores P (Director of Music) and I became good friends with Richard. He has had an up and down life within the SDA church. Richard comes from Macon Georgia and I met his cousin that look just like him who married my step-sister. I knew Brian McKnight from North Eastern when he was a kid also his family. Before they became "Take 6's," they were Special Blend with two women. I first heard them at Oakwood Alumni where I too attended college years ago. The songs they sung were old Oakwood songs that they jazzed up and then made them famous, especially "Old Mary don't you weep." Mark Kibble father is a preacher and I knew him as well as a youth. Brian McKnight and his brother wrote and arrange many of the songs for "Take 6." Brian McKnight and my niece Sandi are best buds even today. Clifton Davis I knew from North Eastern as well his sister Angelia and I went to Oakwood and she married a man name Michael, I can't remember his last name. Clifton over came Cocaine addiction and rejoined the Church, went back to Oakwood to become a minister. Ben Carson met his wife at Yale her name is Candice and they would eat at our house on Sabbath in New Haven while attending Yale. Wintley Phipps and I attended Oakwood along with Barry Black who was a smooth operator even back then. Wintley now preaches in Florida at the Church my niece Sandi attends. We were tight back in the day at school he changed from the person I once knew. Barry and I were in a play that went play at other colleges called Dr. Faustus. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton did the movie but Barry was the best actor I have ever seen, I wished we could have recorded it. He also did Martin Luther King during our days at Oakwood and now He you can see him on the Hope Channel.

I knew about Kirk Franklin and our Mass Choir has sung on concert with his group. Judge Greg Mathis always spoke about his mother's faith, he is a Pentecostal. Every since Prince came on the scene it was known he was raised as a SDA. Once in Atlanta some of the Adventist youth went to his concert and he told them that they had no business in his concert. They were scared and left because he could not see and know who they were it was dark in the audience and the way he acted as if Satan himself was in the place. That is what was told. Thanks for bringing me back to the memories of the good old days of Oakwood College and Maranatha!

Happy Sabbath and be bless,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I was at church one Sabbath when in walks Little Richard---not that he was incognito or in any way trying to blend into the crowd, he was in a bright red suit, head to toe, and had his usual "entourage"---talk about a rooster in a room full of little brown hens!!! We all parted as the red sea as they went in, we followed after picking up our jaws off the floor.

Upvote 0