A Lecture on Rev. 20 by Amillennialist, Steve Gregg

O

Old Timer

Off the top, the 'day of the Lord' = / = the "1" forthcoming 'Parousia'

Old Jack,

Not only am old, but lots of miles on my engine

Amen Old Jack,

Sadly, the rulers of the darkness of this world will continue to manipulate men into denying this simple scriptural truth and make them feel spiritually superior in the process.

OT.. Another old engine here..

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Notice how there are no scriptures which actually DO speak of the Day of The Lord here..

rather there are, and I just showed you several. Your denying them doesn't make them go away.

Why not?

Because there are no verses of scripture which say that That Day has come..
The Phrases "the day of the Lord", they Day of His Anger, the day of His wrath, the day of the Lords Vengeance, etc, are used synonymously to describe any number of Judgements against nations brought by God throughout real history.

As I demonstrated above, The Destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonains in the 500's BC was indeed a PAST "day of the LORD event." as the Prophet Jeremiah testifies.

You can deny this simple truth all you want, but it does not make it go away.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2OwzkcZwtU

What I truly can't understand about this is the context..

How can anyone (even a babe in Christ) read Revelation 20 in its context and not be able to see that it is contextually tied to Rev 19 and the coming of Christ?

I can remember reading the Revelation (or the unveiling) of Jesus Christ for the first time and being able to see that.. I couldn't have been in Christ for more than a few years at the time.

And it was obvious.

And then wouldn't you know that the first exposure I had to any commentary on the Revelation came from a preterist.. seriously.. the guy was telling me that it was all in the past..

And I'm just thinking to myself.. can this guy really actually believe that Christ has already come.. as it is described in the latter portion of Revelation 19.. after the marriage of the Lamb to his wife?

Anyway..

How in the world does anyone reconcile that in their spiritual mind?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you're welcome to live in the past all you want, it's not going to make His coming in That Day go away.

But you have yet to demonstrate how believing there have been multiple past day of the lord events prevents anyone from believing there will be a future day of the lord as well.

Somehow you seem to believe that understanding and accepting that scripture uses the term The Day of the Lord, and it's synonyms to describe certain already fulfilled Judgements by God upon nations prevents one from ALSO believing in a Future to us "day of the Lord."

Why is that exactly?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

But you have yet to demonstrate how believing there have been multiple past day of the lord events prevents anyone from believing there will be a future day of the lord as well.

Somehow you seem to believe that understanding and accepting that scripture uses the term The Day of the Lord, and it's synonyms to describe already fulfilled Judgements by God upon nations prevents one from ALSO believign in a Future to us "day of the Lord."

Why is that exactly?

Probably because I haven't tried to demonstrate that.. :wave:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably because I haven't tried to demonstrate that.. :wave:

Yeah, right.

You say believing there have been multiple past day of the lord events will overthrow the faith and is cancerous to the believer...

WHY?

I see nothing in the text that indicates anything of the sort.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Yeah, right.

You say believing there have been multiple past day of the lord events will overthrow the faith and is cancerous to the believer...

WHY?

I see nothing in the text that indicates anything of the sort.

Because you're insisting that the word of God says what it doesn't say.. Simple as that.

If you'd like to insist that there are multiple days of The Lord go ahead.

What scripture do you base the future one upon?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Off the top, the 'day of the Lord' = / = the "1" forthcoming 'Parousia'

Old Jack,

Not only am old, but lots of miles on my engine
Not the problem Jack. No one's denying when Jesus comes that will be the last day of the Lord. It's the final judgment.

What the issue is is has there been more than one "day of the Lord". Scripture obviously has had "day of the Lord" judgments in the past. Babylon's judgment in Isaiah 13: 1-7 is one.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because you're insisting that the word of God says what it doesn't say.. Simple as that.

And I insist you are doing exactly that as well.

One of us is right.

If you'd like to insist that there are multiple days of The Lord go ahead.
Scripture insists there are. I merely accept what it says.

Now, Why do you contend it is cancerous to do so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Almost forgot... here is another proclamation of a past day of the lord:

Revelation 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Amen Old Jack,

Sadly, the rulers of the darkness of this world will continue to manipulate men into denying this simple scriptural truth and make them feel spiritually superior in the process.

OT.. Another old engine here..

I reckon wi'll get our new overhauled engine ar the Parousia. ;)

Old Jack

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So how about the future one.. Any verses about that, or is it all about the past for you?

I'm a scriptural preterist, and Creedal futurist.

I believe Jesus will come again in glory to Judge the living and the dead as the Creed states. You can call it the day of the lord if you wish... I have no objection to that. seems perfectly fitting to me.

However, The timing and details of this future to us event are not foretold in scripture and have not been revealed to men.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I'm a scriptural preterist, and Creedal futurist.

I believe Jesus will come again in glory to Judge the living and the dead as the Creed states. You can call it the day of the lord if you wish... I have no objection to that.

However, The timing and details of this future to us event are not foretold in scripture and have not been revealed to men.

LOL

Now that's funny.. The past is revealed, but not the future..

Who couldn't see that coming.. ^_^

Upvote 0