A Journey Thru The NT

Kryzoz

Jul 2, 2007
✟15,606.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Anybody wanna go on the Journey with me? Primarily for edification, secondarily as a tool for witnessing. You can witness more effectively if you know the gospel for yourself. I propose we take a journey through the new testement chapter by chapter in an effort to experience God's word for ourselves. Won't you consider taking the journey?

We would work our way through the gospels in this order St. John, St Mark, St. Luke, St. Matthew. We would then be able to go through some of the epistles: Philippians, James, 1John. This order is open to changed based on member input. The primary goal of this stage is to get a firm foundation in the gospel.Member discussion will take place regarding which books will follow after we finish those in stage one.
The Plan of Action:
1. Read through the chapter carefully, seeking to find its main subject or subjects.
2. As you read each chapter, give it a title which suggests its main content.
3. Answer these questions:
a. What is the main subject of this passage?
b. Who are the persons revealed in this passage: Who is speaking? About whom is he speaking? Who is acting?
c. What is the key verse of this passage?
d. What does this passage teach me about the Lord Jesus Christ?
e. Does this passage portray any sin for me to confess and forsake?
f. Does this passage contain any command for me to obey?
g. Is there any promise for me to claim?
h. Is there any instruction for me to follow?
5.Answer scripture with scripture. If you have a question consult a concordance
The goal of this thread is to get different opinions on the same scripture. However, it is not to debate the relevance of opinion on a particular scripture. Everyone's opinion is equally valid. If you would like to debate, take it to the debate forum. Thank you