A good question!

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Job8, consider the following - Peter was not being prejudiced - their gospel called for the rise of Israel to its kingdom glory first. Following that, the Gentiles were to come to Israel's rising, Isaiah 1-5.

They did not know that would be interrupted because; one that was the order prophesied; two, as Romans 9-11 would later bear out, Israel's rejection of same would then serve as a witness against that nation, as God put that on hold, and unfolded His planned, temporary mystery visit among the Gentiles towards said visit's own specific intent - God's New Creature: the Body of Christ.

In contrast to His PROPHESIED purpose for the Israel of God towards His reconciling the Earth back unto Himself, is His KEPT SECRET purpose in a New Creature towards His reconciling back unto Himself those fallen high places even now still the realm of the prince of the power of the air and his dark princes.

The Israel of God is ethnic Israel of faith: their believing remnant - His peculiar people as His servants and Kingdom of Priests as the fulness of Him that filleth all in the Earth over the Gentile nations.

While His New Creature: the Body of Christ is spiritual; is thus comprised of neither Jew nor Gentile as to ethnic distinction, but is instead, distinct from His angelic host, over which the Body will reign as Christ's Joint Heir, as the fulness of Him that filleth all in all the Heavenlies.

This is all in Romans through Philemon, though much of it is in Ephesians and Colossians.

At least re-read them; see if some things don't pop out at you as to all this now that its been made aware to the eyes of your understanding.

Consider that the "all things made by him and for Him" mentioned in those two epistles are the issue of "thrones, dominions, and principalities" in both realms.

Together these two will culminate in one in the dispensation of the fullness of times.

But first, His needing to reconcile those high places, then the earth - only then can thy kingdom come in earth as it is in heaven, all His enemies having been made His footstool.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, this is a very bad question, because it is based on false premises. The different roads simply never existed. All who have ever trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as the olny hope for their salvation have immediately become part of the body of Christ.
That's exactly what I was going to say. Where did this strange teaching originate?

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's exactly what I was going to say. Where did this strange teaching originate?

Where - Darby in perspective...

In other words, in taking up where those who came after Darby left off - what Acts 2 Dispensationalism had for so long left off.

In Matthew 19, you have the Lord promising the Twelve they will reign with Him in the regeneration over the Twelve Tribes of Israel.

In Matthew 23 He reminded them to keep the Law. In Matthew 24 He instructed them pray that their flight be not in winter nor on a Sabbath day.

In Acts 1, you have them ask Him about the restoration of their kingdom again. Then, there is mention of a Sabbath's day journey or distance

In Acts 2 and 3 Peter preaches that the Father has raised the Son to sit on David's throne at His 2nd Coming after the day of His Wrath when He will take out of their kingdom all that offend.

In Acts 10 and 11, they become confused when Peter is sent to a Gentile before said restoration of their kingdom, Isaiah 2:1-5; Mathew 10:23; Mark 7:27.

Members of the Body; not likely.

But the question was asked by someone from the Mid-Acts Perspective still new to same, in hopes that someone from the Mid-Acts Perspective might share their understanding of it.

Its best to let our mutual opposition to Dispensationalism in general make their snide remarks, not join them in that against one another.

Just as its best we each study these things out, not shut them out simply because they differ. Again, our mutual opposition is already expert at that.

Believe me, I and a few others are more than well "versed" in its intricacies if you wish to explore its whys and wherefores from some who actually know the position well, in contrast to readings against it by those who actually do not.

And the means to that is in our distinct approach - that is what really has to be explored first.

You know how we feel about our view being misrepresented - we have that bad experience - as those who subscribe to the Dispensational principle - far too much in common.

Yours in Him, in this..

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 19, you have the Lord promising the Twelve they will reign with Him in the regeneration over the Twelve Tribes of Israel.
Applicable to the Millennium but not in conflict with the Church age, since the Church will live and reign with Christ, and the apostles will reign with David (1 Cor 6:2,3; Ezek 34).
In Matthew 23 He reminded them to keep the Law.
Valid until the crucifixion, at which point the New Covenant was instituted (Mt 26:28). The Law of Moses (ceremonial, social, civil) was not replaced abruptly (Acts 15) but totally done away with in 70 A.D. (Heb 8:13). The Ten Commandments are now the Law of Love or the Law of Liberty.
In Matthew 24 He instructed them pray that their flight be not in winter nor on a Sabbath day.
Applicable to Jews in Israel when the Antichrist sets up the Abomination of Desolation. No conflict.
In Acts 1, you have them ask Him about the restoration of their kingdom again. Then, there is mention of a Sabbath's day journey or distance
The apostles at this point were not aware that the Church Age was about to begin in 10 days. But they were given a preview in Acts 1:8.
In Acts 2 and 3 Peter preaches that the Father has raised the Son to sit on David's throne at His 2nd Coming after the day of His Wrath when He will take out of their kingdom all that offend.
Peter was preaching to Jews, and indeed David's throne will become a reality in the Millennium. But the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost had become a fact, and Peter would soon learn that Gentiles were to be a part of that Body (Acts 10).
In Acts 10 and 11, they become confused when Peter is sent to a Gentile before said restoration of their kingdom, Isaiah 2:1-5; Matthew 10:23; Mark 7:27.
Not confused but unaware. The teachings on the Church would come later. But note that the disciples were first called "Christians" in Acts 11:26 and Peter uses this designation in 1 Pet 4:16.

You seem to be forgetting that although in God's eyes the Church began on the Day of Pentecost, it was some time later that the Jewish Christians realized what God was doing, and the teachings pertaining to the Church came through Paul. But Peter and Paul both had the same Gospel, and just different ministries (Jews vs Gentiles). Peter also confirmed that all of Paul's epistles were Scripture (2 Pet 3:15,16). So he knew all about the Church.

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Job8, thanks for replying...

I found it amusing that those passages that Rev20 cited on that thread where he differed with your valid assertion regarding the covenant the anti-Christ will confirm - I find it amusing that the passages he cited are passages we of Mid-Acts base our assertion that Acts 2 was not the beginning of the Body on.

These passages here out of the various ones he cited:

Jesus and his disciples were sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel:

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." -- Matt 15:24

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." -- Matt 10:5-6

Peter confirmed the covenant to the circumcision shortly after the day of Pentecost:

"Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities." -- Acts 3:25-26

James confirmed that he was writing only to the twelve tribes:

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." -- Jas 1:1

And Peter confirmed the fulfillment of a promise to the obedient children of Israel made to them in the days of Moses. This demonstrates that Peter was speaking only to the children of Israel:

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." -- 1Pet 1:1-2

"For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls." -- 1Pet 2:25

Only the children of Israel went astray. The Gentiles were pagans. This is the fulfillment of the promise:

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;" -- 1Pet 2:9

And this was the promise according to the book of Exodus:

"And now if ye will indeed hear my voice, and keep my covenant, ye shall be to me a peculiar people above all nations; for the whole earth is mine. And ye shall be to me a royal priesthood and a holy nation: these words shalt thou speak to the children of Israel." -- Exo 19:5-6 LXX

...So, the chosen generation Peter wrote of--those children of Israel who received the promise--were all Christians. Those children of Israel who did not hear Christ's voice were not Israel, but the children of Satan:

"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." -- John 8:43-44

So, Israel was, and will always be, the chosen people of God....

Read the book I recommend below, as most of it is our position anyway.

Upvote 0
G

glen55

;)

Since Peter, (and presumably James, John and the rest of the disciples) knew what Paul was preaching about the dispensation of grace...(1 Peter 3:15-16)

Since the letter to the Galatians (see 3:26-29) makes it clear that there is neither Jew nor Greek but all are one in Christ...also see 1 Corinthians 12:13,

WHY didn't Peter and the rest of the 12 along with all those saved in Acts become part of the Body of Christ?

Did the Kingdom message continue to be preached (during Paul's lifetime) since there was a "change in program" at the same time the disciples were alive?

Why did the "believing remnant" of Jews have to say, take one fork in the road (waiting for fulfillment of the prophetic program to resume) while those following Paul took the other fork in the road (the Grace program, the Body of Christ).

The epistles of Paul came on the scene first, some are thought to have been tampered with to make them fit into the Roman historic Jesus, I would lean toward that being the case since Paul teaches a more mystical version of Christ being the inner man crying abba, that mystery is also found in prior cultures which taught the inner Christ in diverse manners, yet it is the same motif that burst the bubble of the human sacrifice that is the milk doctrine of the flesh.

The divide in scripture is between those who take it as literal history, and those who see it through it's dark sayings as allegory and symbols about the conscience these are the two gospels. One will always mock the other which exposes it's heart as being a son of Hagar Galatians 4:24, the other is born from above Galatians 4:26, Jesus is everyone's story not about a singular man made into an idol.

Paper, scissor, rock! rightly cutting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0