Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ya, very interesting interview. It does get weird.

As for the snow globe... yep that's what some believe. And, in all reality, I can't prove it different unless I put a whole lot of trust in what NASA tells me and shows me...

Ask yourself this...

If the earth is a globe and NASA has the ability, they should turn the Hubble telescope around and take a picture for us. Why don't they? Would that not fix the whole issue? Why are all the pictures of the earth computer generated images (CGI), NASA even states that they are CGI.

Who took these pictures? NASA is so good, you cannot believe a picture they show as being real.

In fact, to me, it mattes little if the earth is flat or a globe. There is no way I could tell either way, without someone else telling me that it is and I, then have to take their word for it.

th
Space+Satellites+Wallpapers+14.jpg
th
pioneer_11_by_fryk_official-d8onfwk.jpg
th

In reading your post, this came to mind:

Is the moon round?

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Today is the fourth day?

Of creation?

And earth was not "processed".

Earth was "created".
I believe Genesis one sets up the many occurrences of the days of the creation, and the remainder of the Bible explains how they were done. Now, in the last days; the heavens and the earth are finished and we are on the fourth day, the day He made the stars also. Genesis 1:16.
Paul, in all his epistles, has shown us how to read this underlying story, with a simple form of logic, precept and association.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So where did the animals and man come from if we have not reached day 6?

In the beginning, Adam named the animals, Genesis 2:19-20. On the third day, they were meat for the sons of Noah, Genesis 9:3, and on the sixth day, made in the new earth, Genesis 1:25 KJV.

Man was created from everlasting and made on the first day; in the beginning, Genesis 2:7. Man was made in the new earth on the sixth day of the creation in Genesis 1:26 KJV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They were literal 24 hour days. There is also no indication in the text that there was another Earth that was flat besides the Earth we are on now (that is a sphere). The text does not say there two different Earths. The text also does not say there are two different universes, either. Why would God's Word hide something like that if it were true?

"Literal 24 hour days"!?! Are you kidding me? What about 2 Peter 3:8 that says that a day is with the Lord as a thousand years? How do you reconcile that?

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"The ends of the earth" and such are expressions from those time periods. Nothing more.
No, were you there? How do you know? I say, "the ends of the earth" means, the ends of the earth, and all that it entails.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, were you there? How do you know? I say, "the ends of the earth" means, the ends of the earth, and all that it entails.
Poor reasoning, anyone could ask you the same questions.

I think we would only have two options.

1) The earth is a sphere
2) The Bible is talking about the "ends of the earth"
3) Therefore, it can't be talking about literal "ends"

OR

1) The earth according to the Bible is flat
2) The earth is a sphere
3) Therefore, the Bible is in error

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They were literal 24 hour days. There is also no indication in the text that there was another Earth that was flat besides the Earth we are on now (that is a sphere). The text does not say there two different Earths. The text also does not say there are two different universes, either. Why would God's Word hide something like that if it were true?

He has hidden it, as said in 1 Corinthians 2:7. We may find it, through Paul's demonstration.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

1) The earth is a sphere

OR

2) The earth is a sphere
The only option we have is to read the words of scripture, as written. There can be no rationalization of terms in order to make them fit within your current understanding. It says what it says, there can be no alteration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only option we have is to read the words of scripture, as written. There can be no rationalization of terms in order to make them fit within your current understanding. It says what it says, there can be no alteration.
Incorrect. I'm not sure you understand hermeneutics.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

1) The earth is a sphere

OR

2) The earth is a sphere
But yes, I agree with #2 of your first option. It means, the ends of the earth. It was first said in Deuteronomy 33:17, so it may be referring to the doctrine in Deuteronomy 32:2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeraphimsCherub

Nov 18, 2015
✟16,637.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I really don't know for sure if the earth is a globe or is flat. I've never been to outer space to view it from there lol. And I certainly don't believe in the fairy tales that NASA presents us with. Really don't trust in the Vatican's "Lucifer" Telescope.

NASA and The Vatican’s Infrared Telescope Called L.U.C.I.F.E.R.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That post went alongside the post above it... you know, the LIVE FOOTAGE of earth from space that's broadcasted 24/7.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He has hidden it, as said in 1 Corinthians 2:7. We may find it, through Paul's demonstration.

I don't see any wisdom in your view.
The text simply does not say what you wish it to say.

#1. "Scripture Says The Beginning is in the Past."
The Bible says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." (Genesis 1:1). This creation took place "in the beginning" because that is what the first verse of the Bible says. Remember, Jesus said, "Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." (Matthew 19:8). This means we are not still in the beginning with God creating the creation over a long period of time.
Animals and man are already here from day 6. That is in the past. It has happened already. You can see man and animals today.

#2. "The Bible is Silent on Your Viewpoint."
The text of the Bible simply does not say that the Earth was flat and then it morphed or changed into a sphere. Did you used to believe that the Earth today was a flat Earth and found out you were wrong?

#3. "The Final Operating Laws of Science God Set into Place Has to Be Ignored."
It makes no sense that God would create a flat earth type planet in the past that would defy the laws of science that we have today. Why would God confuse us like that? The six literal 24 hour creation is finished because, Genesis 2 says, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them." (Genesis 2:1). Yet, somehow you think the creation is still happening. You are not making any sense.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe Genesis one sets up the many occurrences of the days of the creation, and the remainder of the Bible explains how they were done. Now, in the last days; the heavens and the earth are finished and we are on the fourth day, the day He made the stars also. Genesis 1:16.
Paul, in all his epistles, has shown us how to read this underlying story, with a simple form of logic, precept and association.

Why are there animals on the earth now?

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't see any wisdom in your view.
The text simply does not say what you wish it to say.

#1. "Scripture Says The Beginning is in the Past."
The Bible says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." (Genesis 1:1). This creation took place "in the beginning" because that is what the first verse of the Bible says. Remember, Jesus said, "Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." (Matthew 19:8). This means we are not still in the beginning with God creating the creation over a long period of time.
Animals and man are already here from day 6. That is in the past. It has happened already. You can see man and animals today.

#2. "The Bible is Silent on Your Viewpoint."
The text of the Bible simply does not say that the Earth was flat and then it morphed or changed into a sphere. Did you used to believe that the Earth today was a flat Earth and found out you were wrong?

#3. "The Final Operating Laws of Science God Set into Place Has to Be Ignored."
It makes no sense that God would create a flat earth type planet in the past that would defy the laws of science that we have today. Why would God confuse us like that? The six literal 24 hour creation is finished because, Genesis 2 says, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them." (Genesis 2:1). Yet, somehow you think the creation is still happening. You are not making any sense.

You are reading the wrong message, but its not your fault. Its probably the fault of current hermeneutics, which reads the message addressed to those of long ago and ignores the message for us here today. I guess because, to acknowledge it would be to acknowledge the voice of God!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In reading your post, this came to mind:

Is the moon round?
That is a good question. I think it is. A better question is.....
Does the moon give it's own light or does it reflect the sun's light?

Upvote 0