California
✟9,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey everyone, I'm not basing my decision to convert based off of these questions it's just curiosity. Is the bible the same or different? I know there are many differences such as KJ or NKJ or the Catholic NAB so on, but are there different books or less books? Also what is your opinion on ghosts, spirits? Do you believe in them, or do you think they're a hoax? I've had some experiences before, but I don't know what to think about them. Thats it for now. I'm sure I'll have more later. :)

Joseph Hazen

The Religious Loudmouth
May 2, 2011
The Silent Planet
✟17,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry your question seems to have gotten loss in the muddle! I'm no expert, but I can give you what I think I know.

I believe our Canon has a few more books than yours. 3 and 4 Maccabees, for example. This site has a comparison chart. We also sometimes call books by different names, and I believe our Psalms are numbered differently.

I don't know that The Church has an official stance on ghosts and spirits. I think I know of one man who saw a ghost who asked him for prayers for his soul. My not-looked-into-it-really opinion is that we can leave imprints on places or spaces that can be 're-played' as it were sometimes. They're not usually dead souls or anything, but just a memory of some kind that re-enacts itself because of the trauma or significance of the event. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is the bible the same or different? I know there are many differences such as KJ or NKJ or the Catholic NAB so on, but are there different books or less books?

we tend to have more than even the Rome, and we have one more Psalm.

Also what is your opinion on ghosts, spirits?

they could be a hoax or demons, prolly demons from what I have read and such.

Upvote 0