Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... it is no fault of physicists that you can't comprehend the stochastic nature of radioactive decay.
Ain't that a crying shame?

I shouldn't have to understand it; especially if it contradicts the Bible.

A 3rd grader should be able to tell scientists they're wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There are plenty of ways God could have orchestrated the Flood.
One way I put forth years ago is that He could have gently squeezed the sides of the earth until the waters covered the land.
Like putting water into a rubber bowl and squeezing it.
Just what kind of a God do you worship that would need to do such a stupid thing?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just what kind of a God do you worship that would need to do such a stupid thing?
Had He not done such a "stupid thing," there wouldn't be any agnostics complaining about it.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If God hadn't 'started over' yet again humanity would have destroyed itself long ago. Be thankful for the flood. It seems that the demon world had free access to humans, thus their continuously evil behavior. After the flood their access to man was limited.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If God hadn't 'started over' yet again humanity would have destroyed itself long ago. Be thankful for the flood. It seems that the demon world had free access to humans, thus their continuously evil behavior. After the flood their access to man was limited.
The book of Revelation shows us what the earth will be like when Satan is left unchecked.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
1.) We believe the Earth is 6,000 years old.
2.) We believe that biologists have no idea what they are talking about.
3.) We believe that Darwin was the Devil Incarnate.
4.) We believe that astrophysicists have no idea what they are talking about.
5.) Right, that's the really important stuff out of the way, and now we had better say something about God.

My impression is that most Christians believe in evolution, and in creation as well. I know a Christian who says that God started it all off in the Big Bang and then "kept an eye on things" till we came along. When asked why it took so long, she said that "as God is infinite time has no meaning" so 9 billion years from the big bang till now is the same to God as 10 seconds. He doesn't get bored hanging around. So some Christians do not take the Bible as literal in the creation story, the flood, Jonah and the whale etc etc etc but still believe in God, Jesus, heaven, hell, judgement etc.

I can get that, it allows for belief to be compatible with modern scientific discoveries.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible is correct, we have just been reading it wrong.

I would argue very strongly that it is the theo-Evos who are completely misinterpreting scripture in many, many places. In their re-writing of scripture they are doing serious harm to the Word of God.....and are slipping down the slippery slope.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What matters is the fact of it, and it is the fact that is the Bible's concern.

What matters is how the bible said it came to be. When you filter the bible through the religion of evolutionism scripture suffers.
The concept of total depravity is injured.

Upvote 0