A conclusion

C

CelticRebel

Forgive me, please, it appears I misunderstood the OP and the title of the thread, in that case. For the record, I too hope you stick around. It's too easy for confessionally-based message boards like this one to become echo chambers if there aren't also people on them from other traditions. And there's a lot more to learn about Orthodoxy if you stay.

Thank you! I plan to stick around. I have more questions. :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would also point out that in Orthodoxy, you don't have to get it all right away. what you must do is have the humility to realize (and this is for all of us, certainly myself included) that the Church has been a constant witness for 2000 years and God knows when you are ready to "get" certain things and He will illumine you when He knows you are ready.

there were certain things concerning the Orthodox view of Mary that I did not get when I converted. my priest told me that is okay if I trust God will let me know when He is ready, and those issues have been cleared.

all that being said, I also do hope you stick around!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would also point out that in Orthodoxy, you don't have to get it all right away. what you must do is have the humility to realize (and this is for all of us, certainly myself included) that the Church has been a constant witness for 2000 years and God knows when you are ready to "get" certain things and He will illumine you when He knows you are ready.

there were certain things concerning the Orthodox view of Mary that I did not get when I converted. my priest told me that is okay if I trust God will let me know when He is ready, and those issues have been cleared.

all that being said, I also do hope you stick around!

Well said! I wish I had asked my priest so I could have been told this in so many words, but I figured it out and have found it to be true already as well. :)

Upvote 0