Not open for further replies.

WoundedDeep

Oct 21, 2014
✟8,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And what if the 'neighbor' is not a Christian? Does your Bible address that specific condition? Does it specifically say "love your non-Christian neighbor"? I don't think so.

Jesus did not say neighbour means Christians only. Clearly the word neighbour doesn't even come close to meaning "Christians". Neighbor means anyone.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
And what if the 'neighbor' is not a Christian? Does your Bible address that specific condition? Does it specifically say "love your non-Christian neighbor"? I don't think so.

A neighbour is a neighbour. It's unambiguous; You love your neighbour regardless.

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if you knife me in the back (figuratively not literally) for "good reasons" or if your "heart is pure" then it still does not matter and you 'get away with it'. Again this is why I can't trust Christians. You still suffer no consequences for your evil actions.

Wrong...Christians do and will suffer consequences of their actions. We are not exempt from failure. If a Christian does anything to hinder another, that is an action they will pay for.
However, regarding the main subject, it is a sticky situation to a point. If you feel so strongly against Christians, it is an awkward situation to put yourself and the other person through. There is also the possiblility that she may turn out to be a pretty cool person and it could go quite smoothly.
For example, I am a Christian and I have several athiest friends as well as family. We get along just fine. We respect each other's views without debate and don't cross boundaries that can cause offense. They know that I don't push my beliefs, yet they sometimes do have questions that I answer to the best of my knowledge and if something sparks my curiosity, they do the same. On many occasions, I even have some that come to me for advice.
Not sure if this helps at all, but I wish you the best.
Blessings,
:angel::kiss:

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians and non-Christians can NEVER be "friends" It is not possible, certainly in my experience. Perhaps associates but nothing more. My family is Christian. They refuse to even speak to me except to say I will burn in Hell.

I learned from my father at an early age how much pain I can take before passing out and how to swallow my own blood and not grimace. So I can't say he taught me nothing.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It is unfortunate that you have been told such things such as being told you will burn in hell. Christian or not, that is for no one to judge. As far as what your father has done, I know all about that, only not with my father. I know what it's like to have someone try and break you down to the point of not even knowing if you're human anymore. I went through a spell where SI was like a friend to me. I went through a great deal that put me in therapy for about 12 years. They all told me I had lived enough life for 2 or 3 people. Of course, by the time I was at the end of therapy, I was giving the therapists new ways to better help their other patients.
Sorry, I didn't mean to get so windy there. It's just that there's not too much I haven't been through, so I relate to a lot of people in a lot of different ways. The plus side to that, is what I went through has made me very strong willed and lets me help others who are or have gone through the same things. It's a lot different being able to talk to people who have actually been there opposed to people who are only book smart about it.

Upvote 0

WoundedDeep

Oct 21, 2014
✟8,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Your parents are wrong to pronounce judgments like that on you. I'm sorry that they treated you that way. I was an atheist, when I became a Christian, my parents also spoke evilly against me and my faith. So I understand your pain.

What your parents did not do was to separate the sin from the sinner. Christians are to love sinners, but hate the sin done by them. Jesus ate with the sinners in order to call them to salvation.

This has nothing to do with friendship though. Jesus loves the sinners' souls as a Messiah, and want them to be saved. But at the same time He said "You are My friends if you do what I command you". Jesus loves even His enemies, that is why He sat among sinners to preach the Gospel to them. Just because you are not a friend of Christian does not stop us from loving you. Our love is not restricted to friends, it is to be shared even with those who hate us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.