Not open for further replies.

alexiscurious

Jul 13, 2014
✟15,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I find this situation puzzling. A Christian coworker asked me to let his wife stay at my place while their place is repaired (they had water damage and there is no power and the weather is extremely cold here). He is away on travel during the repairs. I asked why one of your kind would ask such a thing. I was shocked when he said no one at his church was able to help. I find that hard to believe. I think it is a trick of some kind. Why would a Christian want his wife to spend any time with a non-Christian female?

I told him I do not have TV and I do not listen to Christian music. I listen to classical music and to some Far Eastern music. Nothing a Christian would listen to. I also have nothing your kind would read beyond a few translations of the Bible which this Christian female in question already has.

I admit I am VERY uncomfortable having one of your kind in my house. However, given that we are in a remote place and not near any major hotels I am not willing to let even one of your kind be without shelter. This Christian female will be uncomfortable being in my place. I will be uncomfortable and highly irritated. My wolf-dogs will be agitated.

Why would one of your kind ask a non-Christian for such help? Why doesn't one of your kind offer help? I find that EXTREMELY suspicious. Why is this Christian's motivation?

Why are you using such bizarre terminology? I found it disturbing that you couldn't find an alternative way to say Christian to your co-worker except by saying "your kind."

And why do you assume that Christians are only allowed to listen to Christian music and are only allowed to read the Bible?

I don't understand.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Christians don't listen to classical music? That's news to me! I listen to few things but!

I don't see why this is at all suspicious. Christians and non-Christians interact all the time.

You have an incredibly skewed and inaccurate understanding of Christians.

As for the 'one of your kind' wording... It's slightly condescending to say the least. We aren't some detestable rabble that just arrived on your shores...

Upvote 0
K

Kiritsugu Emiyah

I find this situation puzzling. A Christian coworker asked me to let his wife stay at my place while their place is repaired (they had water damage and there is no power and the weather is extremely cold here). He is away on travel during the repairs. I asked why one of your kind would ask such a thing. I was shocked when he said no one at his church was able to help. I find that hard to believe. I think it is a trick of some kind. Why would a Christian want his wife to spend any time with a non-Christian female?

I told him I do not have TV and I do not listen to Christian music. I listen to classical music and to some Far Eastern music. Nothing a Christian would listen to. I also have nothing your kind would read beyond a few translations of the Bible which this Christian female in question already has.

I admit I am VERY uncomfortable having one of your kind in my house. However, given that we are in a remote place and not near any major hotels I am not willing to let even one of your kind be without shelter. This Christian female will be uncomfortable being in my place. I will be uncomfortable and highly irritated. My wolf-dogs will be agitated.

Why would one of your kind ask a non-Christian for such help? Why doesn't one of your kind offer help? I find that EXTREMELY suspicious. Why is this Christian's motivation?

You appear to believe that Christians are a completely different kind of creature than you. Why are you so suspicious?

Considering all that you said above, did you agree? If agreed then what was your motivation for agreeing?

I think we should try to not become who hurt us. Yes there are a lot of horrible Christians out there but becoming just as prejudice and fearful as they are is not the solution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also remember Christians are humans as well :) We are all humans .....

Christians are humans who believe in Jesus and try to follow his standards. They can be better or worse then average humans, but as God said, no one is good except God alone, so we are all sinners, Christians are just sinners who might know their sins, and it does not prevent them from sin either.

Also remember, just as all other humans, not all Christians are alike. I like classical music too, and mostly I don't like songs (except a few good ones). Your friend there just needs some help, I doubt they have other intentions (you can never be too careful though, but I feel you have a good distaste of Christians :) )

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet your kind constantly screams how "works" save no one so therefore according to that there is no point in any works. Your kind and sin all they want and are "forgiven" everything they do regardless, past, present and future, as so as they "accept Christ" That is one BIG reason I will NEVER trust your kind.

You can knife me in the back anytime for any reason and you suffer no consequences according to your world view.

Here is what I learned from my Church (Protestant I think), is that if you are really saved, it shows with good works, and if you accept Christ and yet sin, you have nailed Christ to the cross again. However, if any sinner repent, we have to forgive them (else God won't forgive you).

And if they are true Christians, they can't knife you as God said no murder.

So either you heard it wrong or you understood it wrong (or the person told you twisted the word to fit his/her needs).

Anyway, to show you why good works alone doesn't save you, the Bible give an example (see Luke 18:9-14), where a bible teacher give his 10% to God, proudly announce that he follow the rules of God, and a tax collector beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ God values the tax collector's repentance more.

Another example will be Mark 12:41-43, where Jesus said the widow put few money is better than the rich men putting in a lot of money.

God care about your heart more than your actions. You might not able to do good works (due to no money, poor health etc), but if your heart is there, God values it more than the absolute amount of works.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yet your kind constantly screams how "works" save no one so therefore according to that there is no point in any works. Your kind and sin all they want and are "forgiven" everything they do regardless, past, present and future, as so as they "accept Christ" That is one BIG reason I will NEVER trust your kind.

You can knife me in the back anytime for any reason and you suffer no consequences according to your world view.

According to our world view, our purpose is love and good works, while betraying anyone is completely against the new identity Christ gave us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So if you knife me in the back (figuratively not literally) for "good reasons" or if your "heart is pure" then it still does not matter and you 'get away with it'. Again this is why I can't trust Christians. You still suffer no consequences for your evil actions.

You don't need to trust Christians (or anyone else in that matter).

But your understanding of the Bible is skewed. Jesus said the greatest commandments are to Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself. Not sure how can that be twisted to stab a person for good reasons......

Upvote 0

WoundedDeep

Oct 21, 2014
✟8,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So if you knife me in the back (figuratively not literally) for "good reasons" or if your "heart is pure" then it still does not matter and you 'get away with it'. Again this is why I can't trust Christians. You still suffer no consequences for your evil actions.

What is meant by heart is pure is that you have a motivation in you to stop doing evil and to start doing good. God is patient with such people because He knows we all fail in moments of weakness, but He trains us to become more and more resilient to temptations and sin. It is no different from a father watching his baby learning how to walk, his baby falls but he picks the baby up again. That is not excusing faults, but it does mean giving people a chance to learn from their mistake so they don't make the same mistakes again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.