Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is evidenced based. When you are ready to discuss facts, let us know.
The fact that needs discussing or rather admitting, is that your view of the origins of the universe and life is totally faith based. Looking at isotope patterns as if they all had to come about IN this present nature is faith alone.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The fact that needs discussing or rather admitting, is that your view of the origins of the universe and life is totally faith based.

I have shown you the facts.

Looking at isotope patterns as if they all had to come about IN this present nature is faith alone.

I have shown you facts that support a same state past. You refuse to deal with them.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
You mean since they first started keeping records ... right?

Yes.

The ice core samples from the interiors of Greenland and Antarctica can't be used to determine historic rates of ice melt along the coasts. What it does record is CO2 levels and temperature fluctuations.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have shown you the facts.
You have shown belief. That is the fact. You have no way of knowing what nature was at work in the early days of man and earth. Period. Save your breath.

what.jpg

I have shown you facts that support a same state past. You refuse to deal with them.
I dealt with the sick little things. Exposed the living daylights out of em.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes.

The ice core samples from the interiors of Greenland and Antarctica can't be used to determine historic rates of ice melt along the coasts. What it does record is CO2 levels and temperature fluctuations.

So if "unprecedented" ice and snow has melted in the unrecorded past, one can't specifically blame it on fluorocarbons today, can they?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
So if "unprecedented" ice and snow has melted in the unrecorded past, one can't specifically blame it on fluorocarbons today, can they?

First off, scientists are pointing to human produced carbon dioxide as the major driver of recent climate change.

Second, finding natural causes for ice melt in the past does not refute ice melt caused by humans in the present. The analogy I use is the link between cigarettes and lung cancer. If we look back 1,000 years ago before tobacco smoking became common in Europe, we could still find cases of lung cancer. Does that mean that cigarettes don't cause lung cancer because people in the past got lung cancer without smoking?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First off, scientists are pointing to human produced carbon dioxide as the major driver of recent climate change.

Yes, and Hitler pointed to the Jews as the major driver of Krystallnacht.

What's your point?

That scientists' pointers are more accurate?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums