Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I use to listen to the imperials. I heard or read once that they back Elvis, is that true.
Yes, the Imperials sang back up for Elvis in the early 70s. Only a couple of the guys in the video above were involved in that earlier era (Armond Morales and Dave Will, if I remember correctly). There is one Elvis tour documentary ("Elvis The Way It Is", I think) in which the Imperials are the male backing singers and the Sweet Inspirations are the female singers. They are not really featured in the film, but you can catch quick glimpses of them from time to time if you look closely.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, the Imperials sang back up for Elvis in the early 70s. Only a couple of the guys in the video above were involved in that earlier era (Armond Morales and Dave Will, if I remember correctly). There is one Elvis tour documentary ("Elvis The Way It Is", I think) in which the Imperials are the male backing singers and the Sweet Inspirations are the female singers. They are not really featured in the film, but you can catch quick glimpses of them from time to time if you look closely.

I think Leon patillo was in Santana as well. I have also heard that John Lennon was into the bible and thinking along those lines in the last few months of his life. He was always the one who was more spiritual apart from Georg Harrison also. George was always into the Indian culture but was questioning his existence and was open to different things. Its funny how it was those two that have passed. I always wondered why some of the more famous music artists never really became Christians throughout their lives. Cliff Richards was more or less always a christian and Dylan went through a stage. Actually Johnny Cash did in the later part of his life. He was singing more spiritual songs and spoke of God often. His wife had a lot to do with that. But he was definitely a secular artist who turned to God who was very popular. I think Alice cooper is another one who became a christian. But they dont put out any good christian music.

So i guess it has an effect on their popularity as well. He still tours i think but mainly does his old stuff. He may do some christian stuff but im not aware. I beleve there are christians musos out there in popular bands and singing but we just dont know about them. Do you think if they are Christians they should be making christian music or is it ok to make non christian music and maybe sing about life as long as its not negative. Or do they have to proclaim their faith. I say this because i read that Chris martin from Cold Play has said he believes in God but he doesn't really practice this or use it in his song. Yet some of his songs seem very spiritual and give some good meanings. I have even heard that Joel and benji madden from Good Charlot are devout Christians. I know that Joel maddens girlfriends Dad Lionel Richie is a devout christian. I know many musos and Hollywood actors say they believe in god but where do you draw the line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Don't you love the 80s dress and hair do's.

It was so colorful, from what I remember.

back-to-the-80s-netgk-22975.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
And the hair, if i were a bloke back then i would not be getting hair like that. But i guess that was the trend back then.
images
images

Guess I should have found a picture that had men in it, too. My bad. ^_^

However, I have seen cases in which girls and guys had hairdos that were pretty much alike!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guess I should have found a picture that had men in it, too. My bad. ^_^

However, I have seen cases in which girls and guys had hairdos that were pretty much alike!

That doesn't matter, id rather you didn't as it makes blokes look like women anyway.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0