East Central Illinois
✟7,621.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been trying to find a song from a band in the 80's (86-87) that really touched my soul. Bad thing is that I don't know the band or even the original title. The only thing that I do remember is a line from the chorus that went "Fallen angel, don't fall on me. Fallen angel, no, don't fall on me".

Not much to go on so you can imagine how hard it has been to find it.

Upvote 0

Waverider

Aug 19, 2012
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These are the musicians that spoke to me and gave me comfort, inspiration and hope during very dark days- in no particular order.

Daniel Amos/Terry Scott Taylor
the 77's/Michael Roe
The Call
Andy Pratt
Adam Again
Undercover
Phil Keaggy
Jeff Johnson
Mark Heard
Bruce Cockburn
T-Bone Burnett
Midnight Oil
Michael & Stormie Omartian
Glad
Paul Clark
Pat Terry

And, if you want to check out CCM's Enfant terrible-
Tonio K.

There are quite a few others. I still listen to all these artists, some more frequently than others, but they have touched me as few of my brethren have because they are unafraid to speak truth and are gifted writers and musicians. Today's CCM seems to be comprised entirely of puerile pabulum lacking fangs and coj***s, no artistry, no bite and no intensity. There are exceptions, although you won't find them in Christian bookstores. Check out Over The Rhine, The Blue Nile (especially a Youtube clip of Tinseltown in the Rain live on the Jools Holland show), Iona, Fleming and John, and The Vigilantes of Love. If you begin to dig, you will find treasures.

Pax,
Gregorius

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
These are the musicians that spoke to me and gave me comfort, inspiration and hope during very dark days- in no particular order.

Daniel Amos/Terry Scott Taylor
the 77's/Michael Roe
The Call
Andy Pratt
Adam Again
Undercover
Phil Keaggy
Jeff Johnson
Mark Heard
Bruce Cockburn
T-Bone Burnett
Midnight Oil
Michael & Stormie Omartian
Glad
Paul Clark
Pat Terry

And, if you want to check out CCM's Enfant terrible-
Tonio K.

There are quite a few others. I still listen to all these artists, some more frequently than others, but they have touched me as few of my brethren have because they are unafraid to speak truth and are gifted writers and musicians. Today's CCM seems to be comprised entirely of puerile pabulum lacking fangs and coj***s, no artistry, no bite and no intensity. There are exceptions, although you won't find them in Christian bookstores. Check out Over The Rhine, The Blue Nile (especially a Youtube clip of Tinseltown in the Rain live on the Jools Holland show), Iona, Fleming and John, and The Vigilantes of Love. If you begin to dig, you will find treasures.

Pax,
Gregorius
This is just an excellent list (although Glad never did much for me, but that's just my taste). Thanks for that Blue Nile suggestion as well - I'll be looking that up directly. Welcome to these boards.

Upvote 0

Waverider

Aug 19, 2012
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another one I forgot is Dave Perkins, whose 'The Innocence' is a masterpiece; he also put a STRONG influence into his production of Randy Stonehill's Wild Frontier and one other album I can't remember the name of. As to Glad, yeah, I know it's a matter of taste, BUT if you haven't heard 'Be Ye Glad' go on Youtube and check it out, I think it's one of the most beautiful Christian songs ever written, and I still tear up now and then when I listen to it. Thing is, their writing is bedrock Spirit and Word driven. Also 'No Less Than All', many others.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Another one I forgot is Dave Perkins, whose 'The Innocence' is a masterpiece; he also put a STRONG influence into his production of Randy Stonehill's Wild Frontier and one other album I can't remember the name of. As to Glad, yeah, I know it's a matter of taste, BUT if you haven't heard 'Be Ye Glad' go on Youtube and check it out, I think it's one of the most beautiful Christian songs ever written, and I still tear up now and then when I listen to it. Thing is, their writing is bedrock Spirit and Word driven. Also 'No Less Than All', many others.
Yes. I have that Dave Perkins CD, and it's excellent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0