8-year old tries to rob grocery store with gun

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Boy, 8, with gun tries to rob West Palm Beach grocery store

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —The state announced Friday that it will not pursue charges against an 8-year-old boy who tried to rob grocery store with handgun.

The incident happened Wednesday night at the King Foods in the 1000 block of 36th Street in West Palm Beach.
There should be no requirement for responsible gun ownership.

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Boy, 8, with gun tries to rob West Palm Beach grocery store

There should be no requirement for responsible gun ownership.

There should be responsible training for firearms. Children who may be exposed to firearms should be trained. This will give them more respect for firearms and human life. These kids need taught properly. Society needs addressed, not guns. The fact that a child wants to rob a store should actually be more shocking than the gun. The gun debate is a smokescreen for the real problem.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Society needs addressed, not guns.
Your statement makes no sense. Responsible gun ownership should be a requirement. If the child wanted to rob a store with a knife, it would be dangerous, but not nearly as dangerous if he had a gun. Let's not be obtuse.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your statement makes no sense. Responsible gun ownership should be a requirement. If the child wanted to rob a store with a knife, it would be dangerous, but not nearly as dangerous if he had a gun. Let's not be obtuse.

My statement was about gun owner responsibility. Think about it, its true.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It was just another aspect that seemed relevant.
I see it more as a distraction. Anytime something happens with guns, there is an argument made that people are trying to take guns away, which couldn't be further from the truth. What is needed sane laws and regulations with regards to guns. Then again, there's no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see it more as a distraction. Anytime something happens with guns, there is an argument made that people are trying to take guns away, which couldn't be further from the truth. What is needed sane laws and regulations with regards to guns. Then again, there's no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.

I see things as a moderate. I don't own guns although i have. I don't care if they ban guns, although i know they can't. I really don't care about gun rights. I am giving an unbiased opinion based on personal observation. My concern was only for problems with society and how it effects our children. Its just my opinion. I don't really care to debate it.

Even if we banned guns, we would still need to address the problems i am concerned with.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There should be responsible training for firearms. Children who may be exposed to firearms should be trained. This will give them more respect for firearms and human life. These kids need taught properly. Society needs addressed, not guns. The fact that a child wants to rob a store should actually be more shocking than the gun. The gun debate is a smokescreen for the real problem.
I bother by him wanting to rob a store, being by himself and being able to get a hold of a gun period. But it seems like he's had some training in using a gun. This family doesn't seem like it sets good family values . He's 8 years old and shouldn't have access to a gun. I'm glad they will put him into diversion program.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There should be responsible training for firearms. Children who may be exposed to firearms should be trained.

What about training the parents?

Little man was just exercising his Second Amendment rights.

Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure it wasn't desperate and more like following what you see in the movies or TV shows.

Well, unfortunately in another news source stated the boy claimed he wanted to kill himself. Yes, he is getting a mental eval as well.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, unfortunately in another news source stated the boy claimed he wanted to kill himself. Yes, he is getting a mental eval as well.
Thank God it wasn't anything to do with some irresponsible gun owner.
th

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0