Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I already decided that if I were to end up married (God help us all!) with kids than they would learn the ancient art of playing outside.

^_^ That's good. I like how you put that. :D

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I actually have no idea what that game is?

You know, there was this episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I'm not sure if anyone remembers it. It was called "The Game." These aliens sneak this highly-addictive game onto the Enterprise that steadily captivates and mesmerizes the player into a type of stupor in which all they care about is escalating their levels of the game higher and higher and higher. Amid all the play, they become brainwashed by the aliens and help them infiltrate the ship.

I swear that episode was so prophetic. The world we live in looks so much like that!

you basically run through this temple, being chased by these monsters, all the while avoiding running off the temple and various traps and such. I have seen folks just gawk at their phones (adults, mind you) for hours. I feel both old and blessed when I roll my eyes and turn the next page in whatever book I am reading.

my kids, should I be blessed with them, will get their cartoons in the morning, and then they will be shooed outside.

Upvote 0

Ariadne_GR

Creative Writer
Dec 10, 2010
Freedom
✟16,988.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Labor
Maybe we're just all in a rut and need to come up with fresh, new threads that aren't so theologically heady and overwhelming or controversial. Maybe we need to take the time to address things not normally discussed...

Thread Ideas:

1.) Why did God create the Kardashians?
2.) Seinfeld thread reborn: the show about nothing is back to TAW!
3.) OT Dare: don't mention transexuals, Muslims, evolution, or Frank Schaeffer, Father Seraphim Rose, extraterrestrials, or JLA vs. the Avengers for 100 posts!

4.) OT: Are you upset that Superman won't be having his usual shorts in the upcoming Man of Steel movie?

5.) Challenger, Mustang, or Camaro: which would you take home?

6.) Liturgical Bloopers: censers coming open and flying hot coals part I

7.) OT Dare: mention the name "Putin" without an opinion attached! LOL

8.) OT: Rusmeister must give up mentioning GK Chesterton and CS Lewis for all of Great Lent

9.) Worst movies of all time thread 2013

10.) If you had to do one of the following or die, which would you rather do?----kiss Bela Abzug for an extended amount of time, or go to a Justin Beiber concert?

11.) Ideas for mystery Orthodox board games in the tradition of Clue--"who poisoned the baklava?"

12.) Name 10 actors uglier than Eleanor Roosevelt and Anne Ramsey?

Ok, I've given my ideas...LOL:p^_^

Gurney you mentioned cars!!!! Yes, let's discuss cars. I choose the Mustang. It's among my loves along with BMW's. The Beamers are my absolute favourites!

Haven't seen Seinfeld mentioned in forever. They just don't make shows like they used to. Older shows are so much better than what they come up with these days. The trusty Get Smart for example and the many kid appropriate shows I grew up watching. The things kids watch these days makes me shudder!

So what was this thread about it again? :p Weird stuff. Right. I don't see anything too out there and sticking our heads in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it go away. A range of topics shows just how diverse the Orthodox are.

Upvote 0