Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What has happened to this forum? It's feeling very foreign to me lately. Threads going on and on about Muslims and their leaders, and discussions on and on about transgender issues as if it's an epidemic. Is this forum changing after all this time? Or is the looming of Lent and the unsettling of my soul feeling causing this. Either way, this isn't feeling like my family home that has been for years now. Maybe I just need to take a break from here for a while. :(

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,811.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm just caught up in the hectic demands of life - professional, family, my legal status, and my struggle during Lent is going to be just plain focusing on Christ and trying to increase participation in Church life just a little. Physical fasting won't be a big part of it, I think - I'm already so dieted out, I don't think my body will hold up. I'm definitely losing weight - even my wife noticed (although people with cancer also have dramatic weight loss - oh, never mind, that's just my inner Eeyore speaking).

Just remembering that we all come to the Church messed up might help. It's easy to forget that when we see how cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs other people are. Gotta remember the Parisee and the Publican...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I just feel sick of everything (as I said the other day). It comes and goes, but seems to be really bad right now. Must be the pending Lenten period or something. Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even this thread is funny in itself. The basic hypothesis: When I get close to Lent, stressed, tired, and over-worked, I get in the mood to talk about Muslims, sex changes,and cross-dressers! :p

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even this thread is funny in itself. The basic hypothesis: When I get close to Lent, stressed, tired, and over-worked, I get in the mood to talk about Muslims, sex changes,and cross-dressers! :p

^_^ I can always count on you to lighten things up, Scott. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We could always go and post in the Baptist sub forum and discuss the essentials of Orthodox Christian piety, all get banned for life, and have to get more involved in local charities or something due to boredom.

Wouldn't that be a novel idea. :D

RobNJ said:
Ehh, after the agita & mishegoos of the fo.ru.ms. buffoonery, this isn't all THAT bad!!

^_^

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

So what political stuff can we discuss? Hmm, seems history channel has a new series on the bible, my question; why they always make inaccurate biblical shows during Lent and Easter?

Or maybe I was too hard on OC.net Maybe we should discuss how we feel about DC comics killing off Robin again.

Upvote 0