Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Haha, no worries Niblo,
Did you know they have soccer in heaven?.

Allow me to correct your defective theology. RUGBY is the game played in Heaven (Union Code, of course). The game you mentioned is played in the nether regions of some other place..........Old Trafford, for example. :)

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Lazy_Proverb

"You did not choose me but I chose you"Jn.15:16
Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
✟16,321.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.

And to think, if those numbers were valid, those converts would be seen as worthy of beheading. And by 6 million radical Muslims, following the Christian heresy that is Islam, and that would be falsely promoted as an act of peace in the name of god to restore honor to the faith.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,024.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Allow me to correct your defective theology. RUGBY is the game played in Heaven (Union Code, of course). The game you mentioned is played in the nether regions of some other place..........Old Trafford, for example. :)

Oops, was forgetting, sorry about that.

Though I would not know the difference, I have never watched either

Like your comment though..

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,024.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
You've never watched a game of rugby? Have you no soul?? :)

No, never nor football, I was walking in the park a while ago, there were some youths kicking a ball around, they kicked over the netting, it landed in front of me,
They shouted, "kick it back" but I did not, so one of them came running and asked me why I did not kick it back,
I told him I did not know how to.

He looked at me with both pity and amazement.

But what am I supposed to do about that?

It does not bother me.

If I had gone sailing with the same guy, the shoe may have been on the other foot.

Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
No, never nor football, I was walking in the park a while ago, there were some youths kicking a ball around, they kicked over the netting, it landed in front of me,
They shouted, "kick it back" but I did not, so one of them came running and asked me why I did not kick it back,
I told him I did not know how to.

He looked at me with both pity and amazement.

But what am I supposed to do about that?

It does not bother me.

If I had gone sailing with the same guy, the shoe may have been on the other foot.

That's a very moving story, and quite beautiful. You are quite right, of course. It should not bother you at all. 'This above all, to thine own self be true!'

We share a love of the sea, it seems.....although I have only ever been on ships or powerboats...and the odd rowboat or two! Good sailing, and very best regards.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,024.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
That's a very moving story, and quite beautiful. You are quite right, of course. It should not bother you at all. 'This above all, to thine own self be true!'

We share a love of the sea, it seems.....although I have only ever been on ships or powerboats...and the odd rowboat or two! Good sailing, and very best regards.

All the very best to you too Niblo,
It is going to be good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aidan K

Baha'i
Jan 18, 2014
✟8,290.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Rugby, football? You haven't lived sporting enthusiasm til you've been to an All Ireland Gaelic Football Final (Sam Maguire Cup) at Croke Park. And they're amateurs who train 5 nights per week!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Rugby, football? You haven't lived sporting enthusiasm til you've been to an All Ireland Gaelic Football Final (Sam Maguire Cup) at Croke Park. And they're amateurs who train 5 nights per week!!!

I've often thought of doing just that...and of watching a hurling game as well. Have never seen either, apart from snippets on TV. It will be very hard to keep away from the Black Stuff after the game, though! :(

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Rugby League at St Helens, phenomenal experience, and I'm not even from Lancashire!!!

Several years ago I watched a Challenge Cup semi-final between St Helens and Wigan. Loved it. In my day a player could not cross codes (and anyone who had played league rugby was not allowed to play union. A teacher at one of my schools had been a league player. He was not even allowed to coach us!). I prefer watching league (shhhhh!). It tends to be faster and more dynamic than union. They've even got decent goal kickers these days! :)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.

Story located here: http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina31103.htm

Wow!

Mary A Burris: "February 6, 2009

"While spending time with the Lord He reminded me of Ali's funeral (Ali was my first husband who was murdered in 94/95) and how the Holy Spirit had me praying in tongues and in travail for the muslim people's salvation in Christ Jesus.

He assured me that He heard my prayer that day. Suddenly I became very excited in my spirit and asked the Holy Spirit

"What's going on?"

This is what He said:

You'll see... It'll be explosive when it happens. They will flock towards salvation as the hardness is lifted off of their hearts and the scales are removed from their eyes. They are a passionate people but their purpose has not yet been served. Upon the fulfillment of their role in the history of mankind there will be a flood of souls pouring into the kingdom of God for His glory. They have been scorned, they have been accused, but the ones who are pure in heart shall see God. When He reveals Himself to them in all His glory they will prostrate themselves before Him in a way they have never done before. When He opens the eyes of their understanding and unstops their ears to hear what His Holy Spirit is revealing the waves of tears of repentance will flood the ground they occupy and they will be purged once and for all time of the stains of their unbelief. The Lord is calling out for a pure and holy nation before God and He will do as He chooses and choose as He pleases and mankind will truly stand in awe of His mighty Majesty and Splendor as the precious souls are ushered into His kingdom.

GIVE HIM PRAISE AND GLORY!" (Mary A Burris)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If that's true, that's their loss. I pray Allaah guides them back to Islaam for the sake of their Hereafter.

Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger. (Al-Isra 17:15)

Regarding conversions, Islaam took the world by storm from the moment Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent. It spread across much of the world like wildfire and is still attracting people to it.

For instance, Palestine used to be majority-Christian until the Muslims conquered it. The people didn't convert to it right away, but the majority of the indigenous population was Muslim within 100 years.
Could it be possible that one of the reasons why Islam spread so rapidly at first might have been because these verses from the Koran may have been taken more seriously at that time?

Sura 29:46;

Dispute not…with people of the Book;

And say ye, "We believe in what hath been sent down to us [Qur’an]

and what hath been sent down to you. [Old & New Testaments]

Our God and your God is one,..."

Sura 2:136;

Say ye: "We believe in God,

and that which hath been sent down to us [Qur’an],

andthatwhichhathbeensentdowntoAbraham

andIshmaelandIsaac andJacob and the tribes [Joshua],

and in that was given to Moses, and to Jesus,

and that which was given to the prophets, from their Lord.

No difference do we make between any of them."

http://www.godspeaceplan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/gods-peace-plan-for-holy-land-peace.html

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
smaneck said:
I think you mean another ayah from surah 9 rather than this one:
"But if they repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, then they are your brothers in religion; and We detail the verses for a people who know."
Perhaps the previous one which speaks of not forming alliances with pagan tribes? It should be read in the context of a treaty that had been made but which was violated by the non-Muslims. And it clearly stipulated the exceptions to this:
"So as long as they are upright toward you, be upright toward them. Indeed, Allah loves the steadfast."

No, if you look through that passage of 9:111, you should find what is saying this:
Allah has purchased from the faithful their lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for the cause of Allah, slay and be slain. Such is the true promise which He has made them in the Torah, the Gospel, and the Quran. Who is more true to his pledge than Allah? Rejoice in the bargain you have made. Surah 9:111

Upvote 0