3rd Temple coming soon.. (2)

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Just a head's up: Our body the naos,"Sanctuary" of the Holy Spirit, and not the ieron, "Temple" of the Holy Spirit. I wonder why ieron, "Temple" is rendered at Lk.21:51 & Matt.4:5 and not naos, "Sanctuary"? :confused:

Jn.2:19, "Destory this Sanctuary," and in three days I will raise it up" - that is the one sign for them obviously. Again the word naos refers to the Sanctuary proper, comprising the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies, as distinct from ieron, (Temple) which included the entire Temple area with its various extensive courts and structures.

ebed: "Jesus is at the temple (naos),....." (Jn.2:20) Jack: Jesus is at the temple yet this is a mashal, and Jesus is pointing to the naos, "Sanctuary" that is in the ieron, "Temple". I know this is a difficult area however God expects us to get it. :thumbsup:

Refutable Jack :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just a head's up: Our body the naos,"Sanctuary" of the Holy Spirit, and not the ieron, "Temple" of the Holy Spirit. I wonder why ieron, "Temple" is rendered at Lk.21:51 & Matt.4:5 and not naos, "Sanctuary"? :confused:
Not hard Jack. The body being the temple (naos), houses the sanctuary where the Holy Spirit dwells. It's consistent!
Jn.2:19, "Destory this Sanctuary," and in three days I will raise it up" - that is the one sign for them obviously. Again the word naos refers to the Sanctuary proper, comprising the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies, as distinct from ieron, (Temple) which included the entire Temple area with its various extensive courts and structures.
Once again not hard...Jesus was given a body (naos) in which to dwell. which houses the sanctuary which He committed to the Father on his death. Once again very consistent. Christ meets each believer in their "inner man" which is the sanctuary, the body is the temple. The point being that all sacrifices were made at the temple, but the high preist only enters the holy of holies ONCE a year and sprinkled blood on the mercy seat. Jesu knows exactly what He's doing!
ebed: "Jesus is at the temple (naos),....." (Jn.2:20) Jack: Jesus is at the temple yet this is a mashal, and Jesus is pointing to the naos, "Sanctuary" that is in the ieron, "Temple". I know this is a difficult area however God expects us to get it. :thumbsup:

Refutable Jack :thumbsup:
Yes Jesus is at the temple...and the temple houses the sanctuary...now, let's follow this through:

His body is the temple...and I think Hebrews 10:5-7 makes my point:
5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, “Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, But a body You have prepared for Me;
6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have taken no pleasure.
7 “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of Me) To do Your will, O God.’”

Once again, the picture is clear! Christ body (the naos), houses his deity (the sanctuary). This is why Christ says "destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up."

Hebrews again makes the comparison that "the veil" is his flesh...and we know that is how we enter the holy of holies...ie through the veil. Once you get through the veil, where are you? That's right...you're in the holy of holies!

Now...walk through Hebrews 9:11, 12 with me:
11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation;
12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

So Christ enters what? A tabernacle (which later becomes a temple Solomon builds). This is His body. Hebrews is careful to make the distinction.

Now...let's go into the sanctuary...Hebrews 9:14, 25:
24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;
25 nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own.

Are you seeing it Jack? The sanctuary is in heaven!

Perhaps Hebrew 10:19-22 will show it to you:
19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Now we know from the Law, that all the washing took place before entering the holy of holies Jack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could it be that the Temple is the "Body" and the Sanctuary is the Head/Mind? I believe that is the spiritual difference. God's Throne sits in the Most High of the Body/Temple, (Upper room) which is in the "Frontlets"-mind of man, and all of the Body, just as the commandments from the 4th to the tenth are what hangs below the head, as the body. The Law of God is written in us, and the first three reside in the head that is on top of the shoulders. But there is another parallel to this as the first two commandments are first of the Father and the second of the Son, and while the third is the mouth where the voice or trumpet sounds as the product of the first two laws of Love, the father and Son. The Holy Spirit is formed as Spirit from the vocal mouth, and then the Holy Spirit is in the man. So, the lower 8 commands are what hangs on the first two commandments, the Father and Son who form the Godhead. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not hard Jack. The body being the temple (naos), houses the sanctuary where the Holy Spirit dwells. It's consistent!

Again I wonder why ieron is used in Lk.21:51 & Matt.4:5 and not naos? :confused: Little inconsistency with naos = Temple for sure. I don't think the devil placed Jesus on the wing of the naos, "sanctuary," in fact it just happens to be ieron here at Matt.4:5. :o Lk.21:37, ieron again and not naos, ie, wonder why? Maybe all could not sit in the naos, "sanctuary" and sat in the temple courts where had room? :idea:

ICor.6:19, "body is the sanctuary of the Holy Spirit". Our humble earthly body is nothing less than "a sanctuary of the Spirit," and Paul writes "Holy Spirit," for because of its very name "a sanctuary" is holy, ie, not the "temple" with its four courtyards for sure, only the small structure within the "temple" - the "sanctuary".

Again Paul uses naos, the inner sanctuary itself, not ieron, which may mean only the outer temple courts depending on the context.

Once again not hard...Jesus was given a body (naos) in which to dwell. which houses the sanctuary which He committed to the Father on his death. Once again very consistent. Christ meets each believer in their "inner man" which is the sanctuary, the body is the temple. The point being that all sacrifices were made at the temple, but the high preist only enters the holy of holies ONCE a year and sprinkled blood on the mercy seat. Jesu knows exactly what He's doing!

Yes Jesus is at the temple...and the temple houses the sanctuary...now, let's follow this through:

His body is the temple...and I think Hebrews 10:5-7 makes my point:
5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, “Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, But a body You have prepared for Me;
6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have taken no pleasure.
7 “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of Me) To do Your will, O God.’”

Once again, the picture is clear! Christ body (the naos), houses his deity (the sanctuary).

We're doing great on your last sentence! Missed a few heart beats on this one, but worth it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is why Christ says "destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up."

What happened? :confused: "Christ body (the naos), houses his deity (the sanctuary). By ebed which is perfect then "This is why Christ says "destroy this naos and in three days I will raise it up."???

Mashal undressed: The word about destroying the naos, "sanctuary" reveals the inner character of the whole Jewish teatement of Jesus; and the following word about the raising up of that naos, "sanctuary" unveils in all its greatness the work Jesus had now begun. :amen: Temple (v.20 is also naos but refers to the sanctuary within) is the structure the Jews were looking at.

Hebrews again makes the comparison that "the veil" is his flesh...and we know that is how we enter the holy of holies...ie through the veil. Once you get through the veil, where are you? That's right...you're in the holy of holies!

Now...walk through Hebrews 9:11, 12 with me:
11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation;
12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

So Christ enters what? A tabernacle (which later becomes a temple Solomon builds). This is His body. Hebrews is careful to make the distinction.

Now...let's go into the sanctuary...Hebrews 9:14, 25:
24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;
25 nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own.

Are you seeing it Jack? The sanctuary is in heaven!

"Sanctuary" naos is in heaven, ie, agree to agree; however look at Heb.9:24, naos, "sanctuary," and not "temple" per faulty renditions.

Perhaps Hebrew 10:19-22 will show it to you:
19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Now we know from the Law, that all the washing took place before entering the holy of holies Jack.

Note also Heb.10:19, naos, "sanctuary"?

Thanks for the great effort and wish I could say I'm in error as wouldn't be the 1st time however not on this one my true friend.

Old Jack :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Again I wonder why ieron is used in Lk.21:51 & Matt.4:5 and not naos? :confused: Little inconsistency with naos = Temple for sure. I don't think the devil placed Jesus on the wing of the naos, "sanctuary," in fact it just happens to be ieron here at Matt.4:5. :o Lk.21:37, ieron again and not naos, ie, wonder why? Maybe all could not sit in the naos, "sanctuary" and sat in the temple courts where had room? :idea:
*Luke 21:51? Check your reference.

*Matthew 4:5 - "hreios" refers to the temple. It refers to is something that is offered and sacred Jack. All the temple sacrifices are sacred and they occured at the brazen altar which was outside on temple grounds. What's your point Jack? I think you may have your Greek confused. The sanctuary is "hagios" in Greek

*Luke 21:37 - Again this is something sacred what is your point here? The word there is not ieron...it shows to be "hieros", which refers to something that is "offered and sacred"! The picture here is that Jesus at the temple which is defintely where sacred offerings take place. Sacrifice doesn't happen in the holy place or the most holy place which are INSIDE the temple...:confused:

At this point I think I must provide the link to definition where temple is hieros
Greek Lexicon :: G2413 (NASB)

ICor.6:19, "body is the sanctuary of the Holy Spirit". Our humble earthly body is nothing less than "a sanctuary of the Spirit," and Paul writes "Holy Spirit," for because of its very name "a sanctuary" is holy, ie, not the "temple" with its four courtyards for sure, only the small structure within the "temple" - the "sanctuary".

Again Paul uses naos, the inner sanctuary itself, not ieron, which may mean only the outer temple courts depending on the context.
No, he doesn't Jack. It shows to be "naos" and then Holy Spirit is shown to be "hagios pnuema". Once again here's the link:
BLB - 1Cr 6: Paul's Epistle - 1 Corinthians 6 (Blue Letter Bible: NASB - New American Standard Bible)

We're doing great on your last sentence! Missed a few heart beats on this one, but worth it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'll accept that...I guess. :)

What happened? :confused: "Christ body (the naos), houses his deity (the sanctuary). By ebed which is perfect then "This is why Christ says "destroy this naos and in three days I will raise it up."???

Mashal undressed: The word about destroying the naos, "sanctuary" reveals the inner character of the whole Jewish teatement of Jesus; and the following word about the raising up of that naos, "sanctuary" unveils in all its greatness the work Jesus had now begun. :amen: Temple (v.20 is also naos but refers to the sanctuary within) is the structure the Jews were looking at.
That's one man's explanation but lets take it further. The body was sacrificed, but Jesus Himself said "Father into your hands I commit my Spirit"...His inner man released to the Father before He dies...:thumbsup:

"Sanctuary" naos is in heaven, ie, agree to agree; however look at Heb.9:24, naos, "sanctuary," and not "temple" per faulty renditions.
I can't accept "faulty renditions" Jack. Hebrews 9;24 is making the point that the true holy place is heaven itself which tabernacle holy place was a copy. What's the issue?

Note also Heb.10:19, naos, "sanctuary"?
What's the issue the word is "hagios"...not "naos"...what's the beef?
Thanks for the great effort and wish I could say I'm in error as wouldn't be the 1st time however not on this one my true friend.

Old Jack :thumbsup:
Well Jack...I'm just going to leave you these definitions which I looked at thoroughly:

"Temple" is translated these ways:

In Matthew 4:5 it is "hieros":
BLB - Mat 4: Gospel of Matthew 4 (Blue Letter Bible: NASB - New American Standard Bible)

In John 2:19 it is translated "naos":
BLB - Jhn 2: Gospel of John 2 (Blue Letter Bible: NASB - New American Standard Bible)

Each time we have to examine with context. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
*Luke 21:51? Check your reference.

Sorry bout that one, meant Lk.21:37, thank you.

*Matthew 4:5 - "hreios" refers to the temple. It refers to is something that is offered and sacred Jack. All the temple sacrifices are sacred and they occured at the brazen altar which was outside on temple grounds. What's your point Jack? I think you may have your Greek confused. The sanctuary is "hagios" in Greek

Maybe you're correct, let's look at this again. Matt.4:5, "placed him on the wing of the ieron, "Temple" agreed, however have a difficult time understanding that this great Temple height was referring to something that is offered and saced? Looks more like a great physical Temple to me? I could be confused, but appears to me ieron = Temple complex that Jesus was suppose to throw himself down from, ie, nothing offered and sacred that Jesus is suppose to throw himself down from? :confused: however where does the confusion lie regarding me? Will let Luke go for now so I can see where I'm confused?

*Luke 21:37 - Again this is something sacred what is your point here? The word there is not ieron...it shows to be "hieros", which refers to something that is "offered and sacred"! The picture here is that Jesus at the temple which is defintely where sacred offerings take place. Sacrifice doesn't happen in the holy place or the most holy place which are INSIDE the temple...:confused:

At this point I think I must provide the link to definition where temple is hieros
Greek Lexicon :: G2413 (NASB)

No, he doesn't Jack. It shows to be "naos" and then Holy Spirit is shown to be "hagios pnuema". Once again here's the link:
BLB - 1Cr 6: Paul's Epistle - 1 Corinthians 6 (Blue Letter Bible: NASB - New American Standard Bible)

I'll accept that...I guess. :)

That's one man's explanation but lets take it further. The body was sacrificed, but Jesus Himself said "Father into your hands I commit my Spirit"...His inner man released to the Father before He dies...:thumbsup:

I can't accept "faulty renditions" Jack. Hebrews 9;24 is making the point that the true holy place is heaven itself which tabernacle holy place was a copy. What's the issue?

What's the issue the word is "hagios"...not "naos"...what's the beef?

Well Jack...I'm just going to leave you these definitions which I looked at thoroughly:

"Temple" is translated these ways:

In Matthew 4:5 it is "hieros":
BLB - Mat 4: Gospel of Matthew 4 (Blue Letter Bible: NASB - New American Standard Bible)

In John 2:19 it is translated "naos":
BLB - Jhn 2: Gospel of John 2 (Blue Letter Bible: NASB - New American Standard Bible)

Each time we have to examine with context. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Old Jack,

And thank you for your patience. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 1002 of the first thread:

The more important point is what does the scripture say of the temple after Christ died? That would be Matthew 27:51:
51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.

The rending of the veil in Matthew 27:51 pictured the opening of the holiest place in heaven to Christians (Hebrews 10:19-22, Hebrews 9:24) by the abolishing of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law's commandments (Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17, Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18, Hebrews 7:18-27, Hebrews 10:9b) and the establishment of the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28) at the moment that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins (Hebrews 9:15-17, Hebrews 10:19-20, Matthew 27:50-51).

The rending of the veil in Matthew 27:51 didn't mean that God no longer dwelt in the 2nd temple (as in Matthew 23:21). That is why the church continued to worship God in the 2nd temple, even after Jesus' death and resurrection (Luke 24:53, Acts 2:46, Acts 22:17).

As the New Covenant made the Old Covenant obsolete there is no need for a temple, because God's temple becomes all believers.

While the church as a whole is a figurative temple building (Ephesians 2:21), it isn't the only temple of God. For it coexists with the literal temple building in heaven (Revelation 11:19), and with the temple of Jesus' individual human body (John 2:21), and with the temple of every Christian's individual human body (1 Corinthians 6:19). And if the church-as-a-whole temple can currently coexist with all these other temples of God, it will be able to coexist with the future, 3rd-earthly-literal temple building which Revelation 11:1-2, Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31,36, and 2 Thessalonians 2:4 show will exist in Jerusalem during the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. This 3rd temple building will be accepted by God as a valid temple, just as the 2nd temple building was accepted by God as a valid temple, even at the time of Jesus' first coming (Matthew 23:21) and even at the time of the early church (Luke 24:53, Acts 2:46, Acts 22:17).

For the ultra-Orthodox Jews will build the 3rd temple, and they will offer animal sacrifices in front of it, under the auspices of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, which remains holy before God (Romans 7:12). That's why God still keeps an ark of the Old Covenant Mosaic law in his temple building in heaven (Revelation 11:19), and why it was possible for the apostle Paul one time to involve himself with the 2nd temple's Old Covenant Mosaic law practices without him committing sin (Acts 21:20-26; 1 Corinthians 9:20). This isn't to say that the Jesus-denying motives of the ultra-Orthodox Jews will be holy before God, but that the Old-Covenant-Mosaic-law 3rd temple in itself and its animal sacrifices in themselves will be holy before God because the Old Covenant Mosaic law in itself remains holy before God (Romans 7:12), even though its letter is no longer meant to be practiced by people (Romans 7:6) because the New Covenant has been inaugurated by Jesus and his once-for-all-time sacrifice on the Cross for our sins (Hebrews 10:1-23, Matthew 26:28).

Paul made the point on Mars Hill in Acts 17:24-29:
24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;
25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;
26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,
27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’
29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.

Acts 17:24 and Acts 7:48-50 refer back to the principle of Isaiah 66:1-2a, which was true even at the time of Solomon's temple (2 Chronicles 2:6). It means that the Creator God YHWH is too big to dwell only in temples made with hands. For it's not contradicting the fact that God did dwell in Solomon's temple in the earthly Jerusalem (1 Kings 8:11), and then in the 2nd temple in the earthly Jerusalem (Matthew 23:21). And so nothing requires that God won't also dwell in the 3rd temple, which will be built in the earthly Jerusalem during the future tribulation (Revelation 11:1-2, Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31,36; 2 Thessalonians 2:4), and then in the 4th temple, which will be built in the earthly Jerusalem during the future millennium (Zechariah 14:20-21, Zechariah 6:12-13).

The church is the temple...and God will not go back to sacrifice! Those who think He will are erroneously equating Ezekiel 40-48 as a 3rd temple, and what Ezekiel is doing is an allegorical prophecy and we can find it in Revelation 21.

Ezekiel chapters 40 to 48 aren't necessarily a prophecy of future events which must happen, like those in Revelation must happen (Revelation 1:1), but could have been a conditional vision which Israel had to fulfill while it was still in Old Testament/Old Covenant times (Ezekiel 43:11). For the vision refers to animal sacrifices for sin (e.g. Ezekiel 43:21-22), which were abolished by Jesus on the Cross, along with all the rest of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17, Hebrews 7:18-19, Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18). Jesus' New Covenant sacrifice for sin (Matthew 26:28) completely and forever replaced all the Old Covenant animal sacrifices for sin (Hebrews 10:1-23).

Nonetheless, when Jesus returns and begins his millennial reign on the earth (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:3-21), he will still build a New Covenant, 4th temple building in Jerusalem; and New Covenant animal sacrifices will be offered in front of that temple (Zechariah 14:20-21, Zechariah 6:12-13). Instead of these sacrifices being for sin, they could be for thanksgiving (cf. Leviticus 22:29). Jesus could build that temple, and it could be operated according to the description in Ezekiel chapters 40 to 48, but leaving out the parts about animal sacrifices for sin. Another possibility is that New Covenant animal sacrifices for sin will be made, but only as a remembrance of Jesus' New Covenant sacrifice on the Cross for our sins (Matthew 26:28), like how communion is currently partaken of in remembrance of Jesus' sacrifice (Luke 22:19). The current practice of communion could cease at Jesus' return (1 Corinthians 11:26).

Also, after the millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), when the literal city of New Jerusalem will land on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-3), there will no longer be any temple building (Revelation 21:22).

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The rending of the veil in Matthew 27:51 pictured the opening of the holiest place in heaven to Christians (Hebrews 10:19-22, Hebrews 9:24) by the abolishing of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law's commandments (Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17, Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18, Hebrews 7:18-27, Hebrews 10:9b) and the establishment of the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28) at the moment that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins (Hebrews 9:15-17, Hebrews 10:19-20, Matthew 27:50-51).

Agree to agree with the context for sure! Only the Text (Heb.10:19), "Sanctuary" and not agreeing with the A.V., and your "Temple" rendering regarding also your previous posts. Jesus entered into the Holy of Holies of the heavenly sanctuary (Holy of Holies), and not the heavenly Temple with all the courtyards and etc., ie, the term naos is used specifically for "Sanctuary". :o

The rending of the veil in Matthew 27:51 didn't mean that God no longer dwelt in the 2nd temple (as in Matthew 23:21). That is why the church continued to worship God in the 2nd temple, even after Jesus' death and resurrection (Luke 24:53, Acts 2:46, Acts 22:17).

Matt.23:21, "Sanctuary", ie, not 2nd Temple. The Sanctuary is one with God, ie, just have to look within and not withiout for some 3rd Temple to be built. :confused:

While the church as a whole is a figurative temple building (Ephesians 2:21), it isn't the only temple of God. For it coexists with the literal temple building in heaven (Revelation 11:19), and with the temple of Jesus' individual human body (John 2:21), and with the temple of every Christian's individual human body (1 Corinthians 6:19). And if the church-as-a-whole temple can currently coexist with all these other temples of God, it will be able to coexist with the future, 3rd-earthly-literal temple building which Revelation 11:1-2, Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31,36, and 2 Thessalonians 2:4 show will exist in Jerusalem during the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. This 3rd temple building will be accepted by God as a valid temple, just as the 2nd temple building was accepted by God as a valid temple, even at the time of Jesus' first coming (Matthew 23:21) and even at the time of the early church (Luke 24:53, Acts 2:46, Acts 22:17).

For the ultra-Orthodox Jews will build the 3rd temple, and they will offer animal sacrifices in front of it, under the auspices of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, which remains holy before God (Romans 7:12). That's why God still keeps an ark of the Old Covenant Mosaic law in his temple building in heaven (Revelation 11:19), and why it was possible for the apostle Paul one time to involve himself with the 2nd temple's Old Covenant Mosaic law practices without him committing sin (Acts 21:20-26; 1 Corinthians 9:20). This isn't to say that the Jesus-denying motives of the ultra-Orthodox Jews will be holy before God, but that the Old-Covenant-Mosaic-law 3rd temple in itself and its animal sacrifices in themselves will be holy before God because the Old Covenant Mosaic law in itself remains holy before God (Romans 7:12), even though its letter is no longer meant to be practiced by people (Romans 7:6) because the New Covenant has been inaugurated by Jesus and his once-for-all-time sacrifice on the Cross for our sins (Hebrews 10:1-23, Matthew 26:28).

Acts 17:24 and Acts 7:48-50 refer back to the principle of Isaiah 66:1-2a, which was true even at the time of Solomon's temple (2 Chronicles 2:6). It means that the Creator God YHWH is too big to dwell only in temples made with hands. For it's not contradicting the fact that God did dwell in Solomon's temple in the earthly Jerusalem (1 Kings 8:11), and then in the 2nd temple in the earthly Jerusalem (Matthew 23:21). And so nothing requires that God won't also dwell in the 3rd temple, which will be built in the earthly Jerusalem during the future tribulation (Revelation 11:1-2, Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31,36; 2 Thessalonians 2:4), and then in the 4th temple, which will be built in the earthly Jerusalem during the future millennium (Zechariah 14:20-21, Zechariah 6:12-13).

Ezekiel chapters 40 to 48 aren't necessarily a prophecy of future events which must happen, like those in Revelation must happen (Revelation 1:1), but could have been a conditional vision which Israel had to fulfill while it was still in Old Testament/Old Covenant times (Ezekiel 43:11). For the vision refers to animal sacrifices for sin (e.g. Ezekiel 43:21-22), which were abolished by Jesus on the Cross, along with all the rest of the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17, Hebrews 7:18-19, Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18). Jesus' New Covenant sacrifice for sin (Matthew 26:28) completely and forever replaced all the Old Covenant animal sacrifices for sin (Hebrews 10:1-23).

Nonetheless, when Jesus returns and begins his millennial reign on the earth (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:3-21), he will still build a New Covenant, 4th temple building in Jerusalem; and New Covenant animal sacrifices will be offered in front of that temple (Zechariah 14:20-21, Zechariah 6:12-13). Instead of these sacrifices being for sin, they could be for thanksgiving (cf. Leviticus 22:29). Jesus could build that temple, and it could be operated according to the description in Ezekiel chapters 40 to 48, but leaving out the parts about animal sacrifices for sin. Another possibility is that New Covenant animal sacrifices for sin will be made, but only as a remembrance of Jesus' New Covenant sacrifice on the Cross for our sins (Matthew 26:28), like how communion is currently partaken of in remembrance of Jesus' sacrifice (Luke 22:19). The current practice of communion could cease at Jesus' return (1 Corinthians 11:26).

Also, after the millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), when the literal city of New Jerusalem will land on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-3), there will no longer be any temple building (Revelation 21:22).

Old Jack

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It certainly did mean that Bible2. You neglect the purpose of the temple was for feast days, sabbath days, offerings and sacrifice...those were all things that pointed to Christ and when Christ died He is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant.

There was NO FURTHER NEED OF A TEMPLE AS CHRIST BECAME OUR HIGH PRIEST AND MEDIATOR TO GOD.

The temple was Ichabod when Christ died. Now...if you can show where the temple means anything after Christ...because Hebrews 10:11:14 makes it pretty clear:
11 Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; 12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,
13 waiting from that time onward until His enemies be made a footstool for His feet.
14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

I think that settles it!

This along with the rest of your response is way off! You can hold to that, but really the NT doesn't teach that.

The Jews building a temple means nothing because the true temple IS the church and this is the error made by many. The church is the temple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It certainly did mean that Bible2. You neglect the purpose of the temple was for feast days, sabbath days, offerings and sacrifice...those were all things that pointed to Christ and when Christ died He is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant.

Not picking on you as appreciate you and your words. I thought the Sanctuary's purpose was to place the Ark of the Covenant, ie, the kernal and star of the Sanctuary in the Temple complex, because it was the throne of glory of God? Been a few decades but should be in the ballpark? The offerings and sactrifices were a key part of a practice of Sanctuary and the Tabnernacle, correct?

There was NO FURTHER NEED OF A TEMPLE AS CHRIST BECAME OUR HIGH PRIEST AND MEDIATOR TO GOD.

The temple was Ichabod when Christ died. Now...if you can show where the temple means anything after Christ...because Hebrews 10:11:14 makes it pretty clear:

The glory of Israel departed from the removal of the Ark in the Sanctuary this the Sanctuary was Ichabod, correct?

11 Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; 12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,
13 waiting from that time onward until His enemies be made a footstool for His feet.
14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

I think that settles it!

This along with the rest of your response is way off! You can hold to that, but really the NT doesn't teach that.

The Jews building a temple means nothing because the true temple IS the church and this is the error made by many. The church is the temple.

Guess it's a 3rd Sanctuary thing ^_^

Sorry, couldn't resist, agape you brother :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not picking on you as appreciate you and your words. I thought the Sanctuary's purpose was to place the Ark of the Covenant, ie, the kernal and star of the Sanctuary in the Temple complex, because it was the throne of glory of God? Been a few decades but should be in the ballpark? The offerings and sactrifices were a key part of a practice of Sanctuary and the Tabnernacle, correct?
Housed inside the temple :thumbsup: Let's allow Hebrews 9;1-5 to clear this up:
Now even the first covenant had regulations of divine worship and the earthly sanctuary.
2 For there was a tabernacle prepared, the outer one, in which were the lampstand and the table and the sacred bread; this is called the holy place.
3 Behind the second veil there was a tabernacle which is called the Holy of Holies,
4 having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant;
5 and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat; but of these things we cannot now speak in detail.

Did you notice that the writer called the entire thing and "earthly sanctuary"? This is the point I keep trying to make to you when I say the term "temple" includes all things therein!
The glory of Israel departed from the removal of the Ark in the Sanctuary this the Sanctuary was Ichabod, correct?
Of course...but let's hold thing in proper context. That was during the time BEFORE the temple was built. The tabernacle was carried everywhere, the temple wasn't! Did not God say to David and Solomon He would put His Name on the temple? So, this is different!

Guess it's a 3rd Sanctuary thing ^_^

Sorry, couldn't resist, agape you brother :thumbsup:
Like I said...when you say "temple"...it means ALL of it... inside and out! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Housed inside the temple :thumbsup: Let's allow Hebrews 9;1-5 to clear this up:

:thumbsup:

Now even the first covenant had regulations of divine worship and the earthly sanctuary.[/ QUOTE]

Agion renders "Holy Place," however will accept "Sanctuary" thus :thumbsup:

2 For there was a tabernacle prepared, the outer one, in which were the lampstand and the table and the sacred bread; this is called the holy place.
3 Behind the second veil there was a tabernacle which is called the Holy of Holies,
4 having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant;
5 and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat; but of these things we cannot now speak in detail.

Did you notice that the writer called the entire thing and "earthly sanctuary"? This is the point I keep trying to make to you when I say the term "temple" includes all things therein!

"when the term "sanctuary" includes all these things therein!" No "Temple" here for sure? All these things are in the Sanctuary or Holy Place contextually here that is in the ieron, "Temple." Agree to these and then we're moving forward. :thumbsup:

Note also Heb. 9:24 & 10:19 = "naos" and contextually and grammatically [Sanctuary[/I].

Of course...but let's hold thing in proper context. That was during the time BEFORE the temple was built. The tabernacle was carried everywhere, the temple wasn't! Did not God say to David and Solomon He would put His Name on the temple? So, this is different!

Like I said...when you say "temple"...it means ALL of it... inside and out! :thumbsup:

However when Jesus and others says naos, ie, everyplace in the N.T. = the building in the Temple being the "Sanctuary". Whenever Jesus or others say ieron = Temple.

Hey, we will have to let it go, and I won't bother you with this anymore, but will others for sure.

Old Jack :thumbsup: :amen:

Upvote 0