39 Years After Roe v. Wade, Hundreds of Thousands Converge on Washington to March...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...for Life

March for Life 2012: Live Blogging

Original post
Monday morning, 5:30am. 39 years after Roe v. Wade, the 39th annual March for Life is slated to make its way up Constitution Avenue later today. This will be my fifth year attending the March, and my third year live-blogging via iPhone. I’m about to get in my van with my father and my older kids and hit the road, picking up friends along the way.

Each year, always on a weekday, hundreds of thousands of demonstrators (of various faiths, and of none) converge on Washington, DC to protest
the gravest moral evil of our times, a horror that ranks with the Holocaust and slavery in the annals of man’s inhumanity to man.

The March for Life is much more than a one-day event. It’s a multi-day rally that includes rallies, discussion panels, film screenings, Masses, and a reception and dinner after the March. Many demonstrators make a point of stopping at Capitol Hill to see their representatives.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/steven-greydanus/march-for-life-2012-live-blogging#ixzz1kLDAGmAm

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Slippery slopes revisited...
Thirty-nine years ago nine black-robed men handed feminists a triumph that would try our souls, and — I have come to believe — find them wanting. On Jan. 22, 1973, when the Sisterhood is Powerful crowd rejoiced at their Roe v. Wade victory, I was with them, a Washington, D.C...

Truth Inside Out, An Army of Davids to the Rescue...
Since Saturday morning, I’ve seen so many young people, so many enthusiastic and determined people, gathering in Washington, D.C. The news gets evermore disappointing from Washington but you all protesting and working to build a culture of life — especially all the young people — “thousands of Davids,” – are a “radiant inspiration...

Walk for Life West Coast 2012 in pictures...
Saturday, I was privileged to participate in the Walk for Life – West Coast, arriving on bus number 32 (out of more than 200 buses reported!) in San Francisco. As Our Lady of Lourdes Parishioners began getting off the buses to assemble the signs for the rally and walk, the sky threatened rain with a light drizzle that kept on for half-an-hour...

Watch live coverage of the March for Life on EWTN here...

Sen. Rand Paul detained by TSA while heading to speak at March for Life...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Slippery slopes revisited...
Thirty-nine years ago nine black-robed men handed feminists a triumph that would try our souls, and — I have come to believe — find them wanting. On Jan. 22, 1973, when the Sisterhood is Powerful crowd rejoiced at their Roe v. Wade victory, I was with them, a Washington, D.C...

Truth Inside Out, An Army of Davids to the Rescue...
Since Saturday morning, I’ve seen so many young people, so many enthusiastic and determined people, gathering in Washington, D.C. The news gets evermore disappointing from Washington but you all protesting and working to build a culture of life — especially all the young people — “thousands of Davids,” – are a “radiant inspiration...

Walk for Life West Coast 2012 in pictures...
Saturday, I was privileged to participate in the Walk for Life – West Coast, arriving on bus number 32 (out of more than 200 buses reported!) in San Francisco. As Our Lady of Lourdes Parishioners began getting off the buses to assemble the signs for the rally and walk, the sky threatened rain with a light drizzle that kept on for half-an-hour...

Watch live coverage of the March for Life on EWTN here...

Sen. Rand Paul detained by TSA while heading to speak at March for Life...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To March for Life is to Experience Life...
If you have ever had the exciting privilege of being in Washington for the Pro-Life March you how true it is that you always leave exhausted, but more alive than you came. The Pro-life March, for a Catholic especially, is really more than just the March, it is a series of activities.

Our Daughters' Dreams Arise from this Glad Slaughter...
Take note of Obama's priorities. They do not speak of an understanding that life is a gift to celebrate; it is — first and foremost — a thing to be prevented. But yeah, if an unintended pregnancy happens, and the woman insists on having the thing, we should “support” the women in some vague way and oh, yeah, there’s adoption!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married