Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is taken from another forum…….. but I would love to get back feedback on how you might suspect that 2017 being a Jubilee year would fit into latter day events?

In 1217,(*) a year of Jubilee, the Jewish Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel prophesied about the final 10 Jubilees before the Messianic Kingdom would begin, to Christians that means when Jesus returns.
2017 is the year he predicted, not that would be akin to the Mayan end time prophesy that the world or time would end in 2012. Except this guy has arguably been accurate about some things. For example the start of the final 10 Jubilees would be signaled by the Ottoman Turks rule over the holy city of Jerusalem, which would last for 8 Jubilees or 400 years. A Jubilee is a period of 50 years according to Leviticus 25:8-13. In 1517, which was also a jubilee year, the Ottoman Turks seized control of the city of Jerusalem and ruled over it for the next 400 years!(*)This prediction is a fact! Ok back to the Turks, as predicted they were finally driven out of the city and the holy land in 1917 by the Allied forces under the command of General George Allenby. The Rabbi’s prophecy about the 400 years was fulfilled exactly to the year.

It gets better or maybe worse for non-Christians, because The Rabbi also prophesied that during the ninth Jubilee , the next 50 years, Jerusalem would be a “no-man’s land.” This is exactly what happened from 1917 to 1967! The Holy City was placed under British Mandate in 1917 by the League of Nations and literally “belonged” to no nation. Even after Israel’s war of independence in 1948-49, Jerusalem was still divided by a strip of land running right through the heart of the city. Jordan controlled the eastern part of the city and Israel controlled the western part of the city. That strip of land was even called “no-man’s land” by both the Israelis and the Jordanians. It was not until the Six Day War in 1967 that the whole city of Jerusalem passed back into the possession of Israel. So once again the prophecy made by the Rabbi was fulfilled to the letter!

Now the most scary and exciting time period;The Rabbi also said that during the 10th and final Jubilee, Jerusalem would be under the control of the Jews until the Messianic kingdom would begin. The 10th Jubilee began in 1967 and will be concluded in 2017.

If the Rabbi’s prophecy holds true and the millennium kingdom begins in 2017, what does that tell us? If the “Time of Jacob’s Trouble” The Rabbi’s have taught there will be a total of 120 Jubilee cycles (6000 years) from the time God created the earth until the beginning of the Messianic Kingdom.

Most of the above was plagiarized from the web but I think it is interesting. Its not exactly what I believe, unless some truly world shaking both natural and maybe supernatural events take place. I am taking a wait and see attitude, but am doubling down that the timeline is off no more than 25 years, which is just an educated guess.

reva

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is taken from another forum…….. but I would love to get back feedback on how you might suspect that 2017 being a Jubilee year would fit into latter day events?

It will happen in the Jubilee year of 1987, so as predicted it has already happened. It actually won't happen until the man of perdition has been revealed, so far that hasn't happened, jubilee or no jubilee. Goes back to if your pre trib, post trib or during trib before 7 wraths trib.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It will happen in the Jubilee year of 1987, so as predicted it has already happened. It actually won't happen until the man of perdition has been revealed, so far that hasn't happened, jubilee or no jubilee. Goes back to if your pre trib, post trib or during trib before 7 wraths trib.

Actually Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel identified 1217 as a Jubilee year....... 1967 was one as well..... and interestingly enough the Temple Mount was recaptured by the State of Israel in that year!

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

Did Yeshua's Ministry Began On A Jubilee Year​

Luke 4:16-21 NKJV
16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.
17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,[a]
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”​

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0