16 U.S. States are refusing to allow Syrian refugees

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. Those countries have billions or trillions of dollars from oil revenue.
They could build houses for most of the refugees if they wanted. This is a
systematic invasion of the West by Islam. Once the 'refugees' are in place, they
will call for mosques to pray in, halel food, sharia law to be implemented, and
laws favorable to them created. Then they can work on conversion and espionage
from within each country.
Please don't let me disabuse you off your preconceived notions.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
For the nth time, the people doing the attacking in Paris weren't refugees.

Exactly. Every one of the suspects so far has been a European National, per the EU. However, let's not let facts get in the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,031.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Answer me something vastly more important.

Why aren't they fleeing to their fellow Muslims in Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Libya,
Turkey, Oman, Kuwait, etc?

They are!

The vast majority of Syrian refugees are in the neighbouring (Muslim) countries: Turkey (over 2 million), Lebanon, and Jordan. Countries that do not have the resources to help. And some of the other countries are war zones.

Even more people are displaced within Syria.

The one area I do agree with, is why the oil rich countries appear not to be helping. Although they are mostly desert, which is limiting. But they do have money.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Why aren't they fleeing to their fellow Muslims in Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Libya, Turkey, Oman, Kuwait, etc?

They are. Turkey has taken in ~2.18 million Syrian refugees, Lebanon ~1.08 million, Jordan ~633.5k, and Iraq has taken in nearly 245k. And those are just the documented. I'd wager that the actual number of refugees in each country is much higher, especially Turkey.

This refugee situation will not end until the people feel safer from Assad (since most people who flee Syria flee his regime) and ISIS (most of the rest flee from them).

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,031.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The great commission is not for Christian to clean up the pond only to fish out of it.
What an opportunity! The fish are being moved from ponds where the fishing is limited or very difficult, to our own ponds, where fishing is allowed.

Many Muslims are horrified and perplexed at the the terrorists claiming to be Muslim. It is causing some to question their faith, and many are converting (secretly) to follow Christ.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The great commission is not for Christian to clean up the pond only to fish out of it.

Well this demonstrates my point about faux pious platitudes in order to ignore what Jesus says. If the Great Commission was the only thing Jesus ever said you may have some sort of point--but it's not, so you don't.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What an opportunity! The fish are being moved from ponds where the fishing is limited or very difficult, to our own ponds, where fishing is allowed.

Many Muslims are horrified and perplexed at the the terrorists claiming to be Muslim. It is causing some to question their faith, and many are converting (secretly) to follow Christ.
On a personal level of course but I thought we were talking on the national level.

Well this demonstrates my point about faux pious platitudes in order to ignore what Jesus says. If the Great Commission was the only thing Jesus ever said you may have some sort of point--but it's not, so you don't.

-CryptoLutheran
I think Christians made a huge mistake trying to make the Roman Empire "Christians".

Upvote 0

horses4Jesus

Nov 17, 2015
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The trouble is you do not know who is who. I am proud to live in a state that will not accept them and GLAD the governor has made that call.[/QUOTE)
Syrian Muslim men wanting access to our country? I don't understand why they leave women and children; do they leave for their safety or their mission?

Upvote 0

horses4Jesus

Nov 17, 2015
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obama will be allowing 10,000 new Syrian refugee immigrants to resette in the U.S. this year , but some States are tightening up their own border security (31 total now not 16) have said today that they will not be allowing immigrants from Syria into their State and are encouraging Obama to have all immigrants from Syria to undergo extensive vetting including a 'religious test' before entering the U.S. which Obama has rejected as unfair and shameful that they should suggest such a thing , after attacks revealed that some of the attackers in France were Syrian refugees and ISIS promises to attack targets within the U.S.

31 States that will not accept Syrian refugees :
-- Alabama
-- Arizona
-- Arkansas
-- Florida
-- Georgia
-- Illinois
-- Indiana
-- Louisiana
-- Massachusetts
-- Maryland
-- Michigan
-- Mississippi
-- Ohio
-- Texas
-- Wisconsin
-- Wyoming
-- North Carolina
-- North Dakota
-- New Hampshire
-- Idaho
-- Maine
-- Nebraska
-- Tennessee
-- New Jersey
-- Nevada
-- Kansas
-- Iowa
-- New Mexico
-- Oklahoma
-- South Carolina
-- South Dakota

States that have announced they will accept refugees:
-- Colorado
-- Connecticut
-- Delaware
-- Pennsylvania
-- Vermont
-- Washington
-- Hawaii

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/index.html

The main complaint that these states have it seems is that the national vetting process is too relaxed when it comes to refugees that are coming from Syria and they believe its an easy way for ISIS to get into the U.S. , although Obama needs to take the ISIS threats seriously America has always been an immigrant nation and i think monitoring immigrants from high risk countries is called for we should still accept immigrants.
31 states updated map :
151117160654-v8-map-states-accepting-syrian-refugees-exlarge-169.jpg
What about the states like LA that have already had Syrian Refugees deposited in their state, will they be re-located now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I agree with you women often are better at judging someone character than men. Women is the weaker vessel but of course that doesn't mean she is inferior. A Ferrari is a weak vessel to a 18 wheeler but not inferior by any means. 18 wheeler is design to pull the heavier loads but the Ferrari is a lot more personal, beautiful and fun.

Hi,

There is more to it than just being "the weaker vessel" and being those other things that amount to Biblically, man's glory.

As an example my mother was on her death bed and no one knew it. My brother, her son, called me up one day. And what you are about to hear, is typical for most females. Most. I noticed his voice. I changed my plans.

The day after next, I was going to drive up and see him, to help. He had done everything for her for years. The next morning, I had a doctor's appointment. I was quite sick in those days, from a "mystery" illness.

"I have a morning doctors appointment. When that is over I will drive down and see you." I listened to no objections, and there were not any. I arrived at his house, about 11 PM. He is more than 500 miles from the doctor's office.

One look, and instantly I knew both he and his wife had been care taking too long. PLUS I was preparing myself for my entire life, for this one moment. No One, knew her better than I did. She died a few days later. The "Raving Maniac", me, refused to let the lights come on, til I was sure. I never left her side, I was never not touching her, except for two moments. One of them caused me to turn into "Raving Maniac".... The other that broke my heart forever, until a guy like you must have seen my torture, and took my hand and placed it on my mothers dead body. Her chest. I never saw him, such was my grief. The hand came from a guy like you, my hand was soon on her chest, I did not resist, I was in a shocked stupor. "Tha-ump" She was not dead.

As her heart slowed and slowed, the son who loved her so, slept, in the room next door. The time came, I left her. Rushing to him, so he could be there in her final moments, when I got back, she had already died. She died alone.

Days I spent fighting off every wrong person. They only got through to me once. A hospice nurse told me to leave her. I refused. She became more upset with me. No. I am not leaving her. I have things to tell you and you need to come out and listen. I didn't budge. Crazy girl, is at the helm.

Time passes, the nurse comes in with my brother and his wife. The nurse is really upset with me. They treat her bed sores. Her dose of morphine had already been increased to five times it's normal level. It made her pass out. She was Catatonic. That was the nurse's point. Since my mother is unconscious, there is absolutely no reason for me to not come out and listen to her. The nurse finished and left.

Time passed. Her words finally got to me. I got up. Yes. I got up. I went out to my brothers breakfast area and met him there. We talked.

I am now useless, and know it. What am I doing there? I am not needed.

As I am trying to decide what to do next, eventually we wander away from the eating area. I watched my mother stir as we talked. She did it again.

I walked over in grief. I started talking to her. "I am so sorry, I am so sorry. I didn't know. I will not leave your side until you are...."

I don't remember the words now. Out of that 5X morphine dose, she turns her head to me, "Thank-you" Turning her head back. She then goes into that supposed unconsciousness.

Crazy woman was right. Maniac was right. I went back, sat down. Now No One messed with me.

Later, my brother could not spread her ashes. That too was a joy to me.

Are women in some areas, by that example, which is entirely common in All the women that I hang out with, not stronger in some ways, than even you dear sweet guys?

I could not, nor would want to live without you males, but is "The weaker vessel" always weaker.

Please watch Steel Magnolias. Watch the women. That is typical in women what she the mom did.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Reactions: horses4Jesus
Upvote 0

horses4Jesus

Nov 17, 2015
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do the states that welcome these
They are. Turkey has taken in ~2.18 million Syrian refugees, Lebanon ~1.08 million, Jordan ~633.5k, and Iraq has taken in nearly 245k. And those are just the documented. I'd wager that the actual number of refugees in each country is much higher, especially Turkey.

This refugee situation will not end until the people feel safer from Assad (since most people who flee Syria flee his regime) and ISIS (most of the rest flee from them).
I question those numbers, especially those of Jordan. However, after being lockout of France, many will be knocking on others doors Im sure. They aren't getting into China or Russia neither.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What about the states like LA that have already had Syrian Refugees deposited in their state, will they be re-located now?

im not sure most likely states are just not allowing any new refugees im not sure about LA but ill try and find out but yes there are refugees already in several states . not too long ago refugees were settling in New Orleans

i found this on CNN just now ... " Louisiana governor and GOP presidential candidate Bobby Jindal complained bitterly in an open letter to Obama that the federal government had not informed his government about refugees being relocated to his state last week. "It is irresponsible and severely disconcerting to place individuals, who may have ties to ISIS, in a state without the state's knowledge or involvement," Jindal said in his letter Saturday. He demanded to know more about the people being placed in Louisiana to avoid a repeat of the Paris attacks and wanted to know whether screening would be intensified for refugees holding Syrian passports.
And he suggested Obama hold off on taking in more refugees. "It would be prudent to pause the process of refugees coming to the United States. Authorities need to investigate what happened in Europe before this problem comes to the United States," Jindal said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think Christians made a huge mistake trying to make the Roman Empire "Christians".

Well then don't try and make the American empire "Christian".

That, of course, is neither here nor there in terms of what we're talking about. We're not talking about making America Christian, we're talking about you--a Christian--having a voice in a representative democracy calling for your representative government to do something that is right and just.

But if you want to argue that Christians should never exercise their voice in a representative democracy such is the United States then I certainly hope you are consistent in such a regard and aren't merely attempting to use this excuse in order to avoid Christ's command that you should care about the least of these.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well then don't try and make the American empire "Christian".
What make you think I'm trying?
That, of course, is neither here nor there in terms of what we're talking about. We're not talking about making America Christian, we're talking about you--a Christian--having a voice in a representative democracy calling for your representative government to do something that is right and just.

But if you want to argue that Christians should never exercise their voice in a representative democracy such is the United States then I certainly hope you are consistent in such a regard and aren't merely attempting to use this excuse in order to avoid Christ's command that you should care about the least of these.

-CryptoLutheran
I want the President to be the President of United States and not President of United Nations. The same with our government. I leave it up to the anti-Christ to unite the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What make you think I'm trying?
I want the President to be the President of United States and not President of United Nations. The same with our government.

Non sequitur.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It must be a nightmare tobe a refugee. Especially when you know for a fact that one group or another has youin their hit list and you may be killed on site. What do you do? You have to leave or be killed.

Now the Christian thing to do is to take in all refugees. The question is does the government have an obligation to act as a Christian entity? Who's responsibility is it to house, feed , and clothe these people? The government or the church? As Christians are we supposed to be willing to take these people into our homes? I'm confused by this issue because it is easy to say "hey,not my problem" but where will they go? How do they get to the USA? How much is our government obligated to do? How do we decide who is a true refugee and who is just trying to get a better job and more opportunities? These are all questions I don't seem to have an answer to.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Please watch Steel Magnolias. Watch the women. That is typical in women what she the mom did.

LOVE,
This is a movie done by hypocrites, they are only acting. I don't put much faith in Hollywood. I rather go by what I see real women act.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
This is a movie done by hypocrites, they are only acting. I don't put much faith in Hollywood. I rather go by what I see real women act.

Hi,

I see. I guess I am pleased that you hang out with real women, study them, and learn from them. Actually I am.

I hope the men, do not give you a hard time, as very few men can even handle a standard female conversation. We, thanks to your God, can and do listen to two conversations at once, and again that is for most of us. Some women have classically male brains.

Even with women with classically male brains, I and all the other females, stop and wait. We wait for you guys to finish.

We do a lot of other things for you guys, but, the same is true for you men. By the way, men think deeper about a subject, it is not that emotions or feelings get in the way, you guys have depth. That is why I let males who know, not every male, but males who know decide things for me.

I have breadth. Breadth of thought. When the standard male mind in females or males, gets stuck, I bail them out, and most women do the same.

There is truth in Steel Magnolias. God did not tell eveyone to be salt. In fact He told us too much salt is a bad thing.

For Civilians in God's World, God gave us Salt types Romans 13:1-5, in there is why Steel Magnolias is not a movie of hypocrites.

Movies some of the time have truth. Music some of the time have truth.

Casablanca has truth. The men act like men there. The women act like women there. Yes, somehow they made a mistake. Even they are surprised at the movie's wide acclaim.

Steel Magnolias has truth in it also.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
The fact that you think these numbers are important is the problem.

The acceptance of refugees should not be decided based upon their religious affiliation.
Since we are talking here about a secular democracy where freedom from religion is a constitutional right, it is actually really sad that this subject even comes up.

Again, this is exactly the goal of terrorist attacks. To cause division and islamophobia. This is exactly what they want.
Watch how in the coming weeks and months they will hold it up in their propaganda: "see? they distrust muslims! they are on a crusade against islam!"

Making a distinction between christian and muslim refugees will only provide them with more ammunition to impress young, gullible people.
But there is a distinction, when we have Christians in Africa having limbs chopped off and killed by muslims that aren't allowed to emigrate here yet muslims being in similar sitatuation are suddenly allowed to. I sense a double standard here myself and it is one that favors muslims over all other groups including ATHEISTS and Christians.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0