$133,000 raised for Genesis 3D Movie in 16 days!

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...You have not shown that scripture, interpreted either literally or figuratively, could/can be interpreted non-geocentrically, much less that it was.

Likewise you have shown the slightest difference between your hermeneutic and the geocentrist hermeneutic of that time. I'm still waiting.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Likewise you have shown the slightest difference between your hermeneutic and the geocentrist hermeneutic of that time. I'm still waiting.

Indeed, it is not. As Assyrian has shown many times, TE hermeneutics are more consistent with traditional (including patristic and medieval) Christian hermeneutics than creationist, literalist interpretations are.

We neither try to force the bible to say what it does not say, nor write off science because it presents an empirically better model than biblical authors could have with the data available to them at the time.

I see far more efforts to write modern science into the bible from creationists than from TEs. From Day-Age models to Gap theology, to notions that scripture anticipated the expanding universe, ice ages and plate tectonics--it all comes from creationists trying to force modern science into the text of scripture where it does not belong.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed, it is not. As Assyrian has shown many times, TE hermeneutics are more consistent with traditional (including patristic and medieval) Christian hermeneutics than creationist, literalist interpretations are.....

A very brave admission, and I'm glad you made it. It's sums up my entire point. The same error that cause the church to become dogmatic on geocentrism, is prevalent today in the TE movement.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
A very brave admission, and I'm glad you made it. It's sums up my entire point. The same error that cause the church to become dogmatic on geocentrism, is prevalent today in the TE movement.

Glad to see you admit that creationist hermeneutics are a modernist invention that throws out the wisdom of past generations of Christians.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
LOL! Trusting scripture is not a modern invention.

Trust is not the issue.

Your skewed and incoherent hermeneutical principles are the issue. Especially as you can't even apply them consistently.

Yet you vilify those who reject them in favour of hermeneutical principles practiced since the days of the Church Fathers as unbelievers.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trust is not the issue. ....

I have no intention of offending you, but I need to be honest. Trust is your issue and it is your only issue. You can muster the most sophisticated rationalities imaginable, it still really comes down to who you trust, men or God. You have decided men's ideas about origins are more trustworthy than God's. I wish it was more complicated.

Upvote 0