Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are we told that during the tribulation period that a year will be 360 days and a month will be 30 days?

The mean length of the synodic month is 29.53059 days (29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, 2.8 seconds). Due to the eccentricity of the lunar orbit around Earth (and to a lesser degree, the Earth's elliptical orbit around the Sun), the length of a synodic month can vary by up to seven hours. The mean tropical year is approximately 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45 seconds.

The Bible talks about a perfect day: "But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." Prov 4:18. So I wonder is there going to be a day that is exactly 24 hours, a month that is exactly 30 days and a year that is exactly 360 days? Is it even possible for all of that to happen at the same time?

If the Bible is literal does that man that the days will be shortened and there will not be 365 days in a year but there will be 360. The day is already less then 24 hours do you would need a longer day for the day to be exact.

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you find these types of riddles, you always have to look at them from God's perspective, not man's perspective. What do you think perfection means to the Lord?

I think the perfect day refers to the day of the Lord, when all his children are resurrected into everlasting life and sin and death are destroyed forever.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you find these types of riddles, you always have to look at them from God's perspective, not man's perspective. What do you think perfection means to the Lord?

I think the perfect day refers to the day of the Lord, when all his children are resurrected into everlasting life and sin and death are destroyed forever.
Perfection in the Bible means mature, ready to bear fruit. When God speaks the process begins, we know now that is the seed the dna. When that seed grows and produces fruit then God looks at the fruit and sees that it is good. Jesus talks about the fig tree and it's value is little more then firewood if it does not produce fruit.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what is good fruit in the eyes of the Lord? Good fruit is righteousness.
Fruit-of-the-Spirit.jpg

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yup. And all that is righteousness.

So what do you think is meant by the "perfect day" in Proverbs 4:18?
I am wondering if there will be a perfect day of exactly 24 hours. Today 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4.0916 seconds (23.9344699 hours or 0.99726958 mean solar days). I have read that IF a day were exactly 24 hours then a month would be exactly 30 days and a year would be exactly 364 days. Right now everything is just a little bit off. It is going to take someone a lot better at math then I am to figure out if all three could line up like that or not.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I thought we already established that a "perfect day" in the eyes of the Lord would have to do with righteousness and good fruit and all of that. Why would God care how many minutes are in a day?
Yes, in prov 4:18 the perfect day has more to do with the brightness of the sun and does not seem to have anything to do with the length of the day.

"But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day"

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you carefully check the Hebrew and Greek texts about the end time periods, you will see that God carefully avoided any use of the word "year." He used words that would be understood to mean years, but never, in either Hebrew of Greek, said the word "year." This is simply another demonstration of the precision of the language of scripture. For what God was talking about was Jewish months, which were all 30 days long, and Jewish years, which were twelve (30 day) months, or 360 days.

As God knew these Jewish years were not actual years, He never used that word in any of the prophecies about the end times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are we told that during the tribulation period that a year will be 360 days and a month will be 30 days?

The mean length of the synodic month is 29.53059 days (29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, 2.8 seconds). Due to the eccentricity of the lunar orbit around Earth (and to a lesser degree, the Earth's elliptical orbit around the Sun), the length of a synodic month can vary by up to seven hours. The mean tropical year is approximately 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45 seconds.

The Bible talks about a perfect day: "But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." Prov 4:18. So I wonder is there going to be a day that is exactly 24 hours, a month that is exactly 30 days and a year that is exactly 360 days? Is it even possible for all of that to happen at the same time?

If the Bible is literal does that man that the days will be shortened and there will not be 365 days in a year but there will be 360. The day is already less then 24 hours do you would need a longer day for the day to be exact.

I have always wondered (and I lean to being some what a dispen. person) a big question. If a person who just got saved, sat down to read the Bible do you think they would come to the theology and theory of Dispensationalism? I doubt they would. What's you take on this?

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have always wondered (and I lean to being some what a dispen. person) a big question. If a person who just got saved, sat down to read the Bible do you think they would come to the theology and theory of Dispensationalism? I doubt they would. What's you take on this?
I did. With no influence from anyone, or any commentaries, Just the Bible.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So you never before had been exposed to dispensionalism ?
That's right. I never knew there was such a thing. After forty years of being away from church, I sat down with my bible and read through it once, and started a second time. After the first three or four books I realized that all of the Old Testament was about God dealing with His Chosen People, and not the Gentiles. We the Gentiles didn't get anything or share anything that God was giving to His Chosen People, unless we came to them and ask to know their God. So I skipped over the remainder of the Old Testament and went on looking for something that God had given directly to the Gentiles. I read the Four Gospels and didn't find it there, so I went on through the Acts of the Apostles. In chapter 9 of the book of Acts I found what I was looking for. Jesus came down to a man named Saul and commissioned him to go to the Jews and Gentiles and preach a new Gospel to them. The Gospel of the Grace of God. A mystery that was hid in the mind of God from before the beginning of time. Never revealed to anyone, until it was revealed to Saul.

I, at that time, still hadn't heard of Dispensationalism. That word came to me several years later, I think, from this computer. Don't know, God knows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dispensationalism is the doctrine that God deals with mankind in different ways at different periods. It teaches that in doing this, God is running a series of demonstrations to prove that mankind will fail under any conceivable circumstance.

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do you define dispensationalism?
A Dispensation is the setting aside of the rules, regulations, and by-laws that govern a government, corporation, or organization, for a one time bringing in of a new idea, person, place, or thing, that would better the operation of the above entities.

This is what God has done with the Nation of Israel and their Covenants and Promises. They are no longer the head, nor are we the tail. We are all equal in the eyes of God. We are all of one body, neither head nor tail. This is the dispensation before the coming of the Lord in the air to receive His Saints unto Himself. Then this dispensation will end, and the prophesies will again begin.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's right. I never knew there was such a thing. After forty years of being away from church, I sat down with my bible and read through it once, and started a second time. After the first three or four books I realized that all of the Old Testament was about God dealing with His Chosen People, and not the Gentiles. We the Gentiles didn't get anything or share anything that God was giving to His Chosen People, unless we came to them and ask to know their God. So I skipped over the remainder of the Old Testament and went on looking for something that God had given directly to the Gentiles. I read the Four Gospels and didn't find it there, so I went on through the Acts of the Apostles. In chapter 9 of the book of Acts I found what I was looking for. Jesus came down to a man named Saul and commissioned him to go to the Jews and Gentiles and preach a new Gospel to them. The Gospel of the Grace of God. A mystery that was hid in the mind of God from before the beginning of time. Never revealed to anyone, until it was revealed to Saul.

I, at that time, still hadn't heard of Dispensationalism. That word came to me several years later, I think, from this computer. Don't know, God knows.

very interesting, I had never heard of anyone like your experience before. Are you involved in a Church? At age 80 your mind is clear and you are able to communicate very well. Do you teach a Sunday School Class or anything like that? God bless.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
very interesting, I had never heard of anyone like your experience before. Are you involved in a Church? At age 80 your mind is clear and you are able to communicate very well. Do you teach a Sunday School Class or anything like that? God bless.
I am involved in a church. I'm not quite that old, almost, thanks for the kudos. I don't teach SS. But we have an interesting SS class.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am involved in a church. I'm not quite that old, almost, thanks for the kudos. I don't teach SS. But we have an interesting SS class.

I got you mixed up with some other profile I read that the man said he was 80. And I thought wow he is doing great. Sorry!

Upvote 0