Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And the genocide of the Pontic and Symrnaic Greeks (450-900K), and Assyrian/Syriac people (in their own language, the "Seyfo"/Sword; 150-300K) in similar anti-Christian genocides as well.

Turkey is guilty of genocide, and I will never forget. To this day, every Armenian person I have met has told me of someone they lost in the genocide. Often multiple people. Sometimes whole branches of their family. And Turkey still has the audacity to quibble over the definition of "genocide" and say that this does not fit what they did, even when the lawyer who invented that word in the 1940s (Raphael Lemkin) stated that his studies into the phenomenon were inspired by what had happened to the Armenians! It makes my blood boil, honestly. God forgive me, but I hate Turkey. It should not be a country, and nobody should be afraid of "offending" its stupid leaders or national pride, which is built on a denial of past misdeeds. It holds the world hostage by its geo-political importance, but without that it would be nothing, and it deserves to be nothing. It is a terrorist, colonialist state that oppresses every non-Turk and actively supports sick butchers like ISIS who continue what it started.

Dr. Robert Kaplan on the lessons of history from the Armenian, Assyrian, and Greek genocides committed by the Ottoman Turks (11 min.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwpw5xVKstM

"The Cry Unheard - Genocide of the Assyrian People" (35 min.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gBQCKAN3CQ

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Genocides perplex me. If you're a Serbian at my former parish, and you hear of "the Serbian atrocities against Bosnian Muslims" or "war crimes against Croats," you will jump right into "those photos were doctored!" and "no Serb ever killed any Muslims!" and "there were no atrocities and the ethnic cleansing stuff was concocted by the West to demean Serbs and make them the bad guys!"

It makes me just wonder. I look at the Serb atrocities and believe them just like I look at these Turkish atrocities against innocent Armenians and call it a genocide.

Why do we pick and choose when it's "legit" and when it's phony boloney propaganda from the other side? The Turks treat their genocide like the Serbs I know treat theirs....denial, the other side is exaggerating, that would never happen, doctored photos, etc..

This stuff has always pulled at my heart strings. I started to wonder about my priest when I heard his Serb ethnic cleansing denials. That bugged me. And his faithful Robin sidekick, our deacon, not Serbian by ANY stretch of the imagination, got onto the "there was never any ethnic cleansing!" brainwashing also to win points.

Freaks me out.

You hear of Catholic priests denying the Jewish holocaust.

Ugh. We live in a weird world. Why can't people just own this stuff.

Lord have mercy. I hope God blesses the souls of these good folks.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If the genocides did not happen than we would not be cursed with the Kardashians (so yes, blame the Turks for that crap) since a few of their ancestors were refugees from the genocide.

As for the Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians killed; Lord have mercy :crosseo:

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
memory eternal to all lives lost. let's not forget as well that the Armenian genocide was one of the reasons Hitler believed the Final Solution would work.
It makes me just wonder. I look at the Serb atrocities and believe them just like I look at these Turkish atrocities against innocent Armenians and call it a genocide.

yeah, I remember you saying. maybe they should look at Patriarch Pavle's example, and think about why he is a saint in the opinion of many.

Upvote 0

Wryetui

IC XC NIKA
Dec 15, 2014
The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We should never forget this because horrendous things like this may happen again, we have to pray to God for Him to help us and have mercy on us because how I see islamists and islam growing in western europe more and more... May God never allow this to happen, but if He allows this will be because of the lack of faith we have...

Upvote 0