10 Simple Ways To Get Your Wife To Have Sex With You

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad to hear that things have improved (and that you were describing something that's about ten years in the past).....but your words sounded pretty fresh. IMO.....it wouldn't hurt if you still read about being a spouse of an adult who has been sexually abused.
I have been reading that material for the last 20 years.

Upvote 0

RCF

Feb 21, 2013
Decatur, AL
✟7,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it healthy to love someone when you're not getting anything in return?
Well, you could ask Jesus. He loved us so much that he gave his life. I don't think we were offering him any assistance, even Peter who denied him. I know they loved Him. They were out matched by the Roman Empire. Also, it was God's plan. Nobody could have taken him off the cross except Jesus himself.

So let's look at God Jesus and the Holy Spirit today. They love each and every one of us, whether we return it or not, waiting for us to realize it and return the favor.
I suggest cherishing your wife as Christ does the church. I Know it is difficult today with all the constant reminders of sex on every tv show nd checkout counter. We are not promised a life full of sex. What if your wife became injured, paralyzed? I have been faced with a similar situation. I want the same thing you do. Things have happened outside my power that make what we want difficult if not impossible.
So I am reminder of Romans 8. Focus on the Spirit,not carnal things. If I sit and think of everything I am not getting,I have fallen for the trap of carnal lust, jealousy, self loathing, feeling sorry for myself. In difficult times, no matter the cause, turn to the Spirit. Build your wife up. Build your family up. You are the spiritual leader of your family, as am I. I see opportunity when there is sexual droughts to embrace the love if God. I certainly don't want to go the rest of my life without feeling the warm embrace of my wife again. By I must ask myself, what is not important. Sexual gratification, or the gratification of placing all the members of my family on the path to Spiritual gratification.

I love you brother and feel your pain. I have laid in bed and prayed to God to take this burden from me and my wife for hours. Paul asked for something similar with the "thorn in his side".

I do have an option, though. Cherish my wife and see her true beauty. See the things that I fell in love with, and notice the things that have changed her. I love my wife now more than ever before. I am learning to understand her. I still want her, on many levels, so if one level were to never occur again, there is still so much more to love of her. I am also finding that she really loves me, but things have affected her physically, mentally, and spiritually. My efforts are now on the spiritual welfare of my wife.

Thank you for posting this. We gotta talk about it. Please remember, divorce is not the answer. It may seem like a pathway to eventual happiness, but it is not. It is a trap. Love is the answer, sometimes even a love that doesn't even seem to be returned. Don't model yourself on me, tv, or what magazine tells you, model yourself after Christ.

Your Loving Brother in Christ,
RCF

Upvote 0