Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking that the profession of faith is for persons baptized Catholic but never confirmed. Essentially, they're already Catholics. The first group to get confirmed were baptized outside the Catholic Church. Everyone gets confirmed. I read, however, that those Churches of whose Sacraments we recognize (such as the EO), we wouldn't reconfirm them, all they would need do is make a profession of faith.
Maybe that was the case then.

Upvote 0

Sarcalogos Deus

Welch Ein Mensch!
Jan 1, 2010
Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh? I am surprised.

I was too when we first started having those numbers about 5 years ago, but it's kept up ever since. I don't know why it happens but it does.

To me it seems that Catholicism with it's strict pro-life, pro-traditional marriage and pro-family teachings has attracted Evangelicals. Most of them that I met were happy to be part of a faith that didn't change on a whim with the latest fad.

It's just weird to think that in a city of 100,000 people with only about 2500 Catholics that across three parishes we manage almost or over 180 converts a year. Over the course of 10 years thats almost doubling the Catholic population here with converts alone.

Lord knows why it happens but I just pray it continues.

Upvote 0