1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1,500 year old Bible found in Turkey

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by Mikael93, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Mikael93

Mikael93 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    there is a 1500 year old bible that is in Turkey written in Aramaic that predicts Muhammad to come. I would have posted an link for information but I can't. Is it true though? does the bible really predict Muhammad?

What do you think about this?

2. Knee V

Knee V It's phonetic.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    The Bible does not predict Muhammad. There are Bibles that are older than that, none of which predict anything of the sort.

The Bible does predict many anti-Christs. Muhammad is certainly an anti-Christ. But that is very broad and not a specific prediction of that specific man.

3. Mikael93

Mikael93 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Have you read the article? Search it in google.

Apprantly it is fake though. The 1,500 year old bible founded in Turkey.

4. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    The Old Testament "predicts" the coming of Jesus Christ. But not on His name, but only the nature, and the character of the Christ are mentioned.

If the said bible explicitly predicted the name of Muhammad, that would be very funny. Otherwise, it must make some prediction on his character. I am sort of interested in knowing how was Muhammad described in that bible, no matter it is a fake or not.

5. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
  6. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    It tells me that to fake anything in the Bible is extremely difficult, in particular, the content of the Bible has endured thousands of years intense scrutiny by many many very smart people. To say the least, this single fact alone is amazing enough.

7. miamited

miamited Ted

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    hi all,

Well, I'm confused. The headline says it's a 1500 year old bible, but the article states that it claims, of itself, to be written the 1500th year of our Lord. The claim within the book itself makes it only 500 years old, which would seem in agreement with all of the claims of the style of aramaic writing.

I don't find it to be much of a trick for a book to 'prophesy' things that already happened 1500 years before they were written, in the case of all that may be in the book concerning Jesus, and 900 years before, as would be the case of Muhammad.

This 'bible' seems to be the case of someone who was having difficulty teaching Muhammed to christians and so decided to write and 'find' this book that shows that, "Ah-hah, Jesus prophecied concerning Muhammad. See, it's written right here in this book I found."

God bless you all,
    In Christ, Ted

8. Mikael93

Mikael93 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I had a feeling it was a fraud.

The only thing that isn't a fraud is that a new manuscript was discovered like a month ago and approved by Daniel Wallace claiming it's the earliest manuscript we have.

Anyone hear about this?

9. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not the only problem with it. Note that the article said Christ's body was covered with "100 pounds of stone." The term "pound" didn't come into use until the Ottoman Empire in about the late 18th century.

10. beforHim

beforHim Apologetical

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Methodist
    This is truly funny and sad.

11. jasper44

jasper44 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    I doubt it, nothing new in the Bible, don't add or subtract from it.

12. wayseer

wayseer New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Not much.

Muslims have been taught to believe that the NT texts actually have predictions concerning the coming of the Prophet.

It is like anything to do with texts - you cut and paste anything to come up with a new story. Like someone said, if you cut text out of context you end up with pretext.

13. jasper44

jasper44 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Muslims (arabs) are the prodigy of the slave woman, Isaac was the child of promise from the Jews.

14. Incariol

Incariol Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Christian
    That totally explains the existence of Arab Christians. I had no idea everyone was locked into a religion based on some theologically-shaky ethnic theories.

15. jasper44

jasper44 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Ishmael, the son of Hagar, the Egyptian maid of Abrahams wife Sarah. Isaac the son of Sarah was the promised child. All Arabs, following Mohammed's example, claim descent from Ishmael.

16. wayseer

wayseer New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Muslims are not Arabs - Muslims subscribe to Islam.

Read again.

17. jasper44

jasper44 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    That's not what their prophet Muhammed said. Who himself made up the fake religion of Islam and they're god, allah (satan)

18. wayseer

wayseer New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    What, pray tell, did the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, exactly say?

The most populous Muslim country is Indonesia - not Saudi Arabia, or Iran - and Indonesians are not Arabs.

19. jasper44

jasper44 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    No peace and blessings for pagans. Muhammad claimed his own supremacy as the apostle of Allah, and he consequently taught that all prophets, apostles, or messengers who came before him were simply forerunners who were now replaced. Since he was now the sole authority, all other systems politically were invalid, based on the divine doctrines as expressed in the Qur'an and the Sunnah. This religious-political doctrine is known as doctrine of Al Wallaa' wa al Baraa (allegiance and immunity), which is, in short: enmity.

20. wayseer

wayseer New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Then you need to read the Bible - again.

If you cannot find it within yourself to pray for peace and blessing for those who might not like I wonder what that then makes you.

You probably also need to study the Qur'an a little deeper rather than relying on Wikipedia.