Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This thread needs some better math.

n138900069_30042198_8721.jpg

188019d193258f9ba310da979906d24f.png

By the way, PCF. Your math doesn't make sense.

phpw9jvl0pm.jpg

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread needs some better math.

n138900069_30042198_8721.jpg

188019d193258f9ba310da979906d24f.png

By the way, PCF. Your math doesn't make sense.

phpw9jvl0pm.jpg

0 x 0 = atheism. The math holds up. If it's uncomfortable to look at keep looking away.

The universe does not look like accidents bumping into accidents caused by nothing.

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
0 x 0 = atheism. The math holds up. If it's uncomfortable to look at keep looking away.

The universe does not look like accidents bumping into accidents caused by nothing.
And ex nihilo creation is
1x0=0
The math holds up. If it's uncomforatable to look at keep looking away.

The universe does look like particles behaving based on how they interact (and dont you dare bring in the "laws of the universe had to be created by someone" argument)

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am, for all intents and purposes, an atheist.

I do NOT believe that everything came from nothing.

Of course not. You believe that accidents caused everything. Yeah, I got that.

Therefore you are wrong, so stop lying.

Or you're going to tell the teacher on me? Boo hoo. Morality hanging on personal opinion? I'm the one laughing now.

Try again. Do not pass go. Do not collect eternal salvation.

I just tried again to get something from nothing. Still nothing.

0 x 0 = atheism still.

My batteries are still good too.

And I'll stay right here on Go.

'Kay?

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Of course not. You believe that accidents caused everything. Yeah, I got that.
Atheists don't believe your god exists (or any other god, for that matter). To say anything more about them is simply dishonesty.

Or you're going to tell the teacher on me? Boo hoo. Morality hanging on personal opinion? I'm the one laughing now.
When you've finished being childish, perhaps you'd like to explain why his conclusion is wrong? And no, repeating your tired mantra of "0*0=atheism" doesn't count as an explanation.

I just tried again to get something from nothing. Still nothing.
You're not God. Only God can make 1*0=1.

Oh, wait, that kind of arithmetic has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.

0 x 0 = atheism still.
How?
HOW?
HOW?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

truthshift

Bring it on
Nov 6, 2008
Phoenix
✟15,490.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think many could have missed a certain person's inane ramblings on these boards over recent months (that 0 x 0 = atheism) so let's get this straight, once and for all:

zero x zero = zero... nothing else, simply zero. Anyone who says any differently is wrong.

If you're trying to say atheists all believe that the universe started from nothing, then you'd be wrong. Not only is it false presumption to begin with, even if you do use this argument, then the same ridiculous argument could be applied at God, (how did God creat herself from nothing?), and you could quite easily turn around and say 0 x 0 = theism.

I think we can all agree (well most of us), that this a bad argument that backfires, and I'm not sure how anyone could be anything but embarrassed to pedal such nonsense so many times.

Stan, I'm glad that you brought this up in a thread. When I got into an debate with that particular person; this formula was shoved in my face multiple times as the "atheist mentality"... whatever that's supposed to mean.

I fear that, if this is how some? many? most? theists apply logic to ideals; the uphill battle just got a lot muddier and a lot more steep.

After I informed that person that the logic they were using could actually be more closely applied to theist reasoning.. I have yet to hear back from that individual.

Simple high school algebra will tell you that 0x0=0 and there is nothing more to it. Atheists as a whole do not believe anything like ex nihilo, mostly because ( I will say it again) : Atheism does not have a set series of beliefs, it is not a religion.

for a theist to use 0x0=0 as a basis is contradictory because of the belief that God arose from nothing and created everything from nothing.

I am disappointed but not surprised to see this argument used against atheistic reasoning.:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

truthshift

Bring it on
Nov 6, 2008
Phoenix
✟15,490.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How about this:

Who here has considered that the universe never began and will never end and is truly infinite. That nothing "created" it in any sort of "beginning" because there never was one. It has always been around and always will be around.

Put down the equations for a second and just ponder it for a second. Consider that time means nothing because it has no beginning or end. It flows in an ever changing instant.

I guess I'd like to hear from Polycarp_fan the most about this. They seem to be the outspoken person about the belief that atheists believe that 0x0=everything.

Considering that their own argument is that everything comes from something, this theory fits that. It also fits the law of conservation of matter and the law of conservation of energy. Energy nor matter can never truly be lost or destroyed, it simply changes states.

If the universe has existed for infinity; then so has all the matter and energy that it is comprised of.

p.s. poly if you respond to this try to refrain from throwing insults or being condascending. I know its hard not to when you're #1

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about this:

Who here has considered that the universe never began and will never end and is truly infinite. That nothing "created" it in any sort of "beginning" because there never was one. It has always been around and always will be around.

Put down the equations for a second and just ponder it for a second. Consider that time means nothing because it has no beginning or end. It flows in an ever changing instant.

I guess I'd like to hear from Polycarp_fan the most about this. They seem to be the outspoken person about the belief that atheists believe that 0x0=everything.

Considering that their own argument is that everything comes from something, this theory fits that. It also fits the law of conservation of matter and the law of conservation of energy. Energy nor matter can never truly be lost or destroyed, it simply changes states.

If the universe has existed for infinity; then so has all the matter and energy that it is comprised of.

p.s. poly if you respond to this try to refrain from throwing insults or being condascending. I know its hard not to when you're #1

How can I not be condescending? Theology with typical anti-Christians is like entering a pit to fight rigid bull dogs. Why waste the time and flesh? Let the dogs tear each other to shreds. They entered the hole of their own accord and follow their masters call at will? I am not seeking to claim to be their master, just one of the dogs that escaped him. My life is one of not wanting to look back at the hole I used to dwell in. Scars remind me, but truth has healed them fully. There's still pain, but beauty dulls it.

But this is a personal perspective and shouldn't cause cognitive dissonance in anyone. If it does, that is not my problem.

con·de·scend
intr.v. con·de·scend·ing, con·de·scends 1. To descend to the level of one considered inferior; lower oneself.

Although the definition I quoted makes it look that I am claiming superiority, that is not my statement. I am just recognizing the One that is superior as one that is inferior, that was raised up by reason and logic. Both attributes of Deity when reality is observed. 1 x 1 = everything, including me. Christians think things through no matter the pitiful freshman class rumors to the contrary.

Actually, the idea that "everything" is always, or rather, always has been, is quite in line with the Biblical concept that God has no beginning and no ending. But creation of everything we can observe does show signs of a beginning. That's not my fault either.

Time, is the substance (so to speak) from which we can observe our environment. T=0, zero being the starting point (or reference) like the zero on a stop watch to a race. Natural laws seem to side with that idea.

That The Alpha and the Omega (Christ Jesus/God) as a statement of the every existing One entering time is a matter of reason.

Other than that, debating logic and theology with the typical non's and anti's is a waste of time. Time being a gift from God made exclusively for us. The whole reason Jesus used the pearls before swine analogy is of value here.

I just reference this stuff, I didn't author it.

Or rather, Author it.

Upvote 0

Oneofthediaspora

Jul 9, 2008
Liverpool
✟9,124.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm new to this thread and so I've only scanned through it, so forgive me if I have missed something that may explain the following:

"Who here has considered that the universe never began and will never end and is truly infinite."

I don't know of any modern cosmologist who would agree with that consideration.
Most agree that the universe is about 14 billion years old and is expanding.
Most agree that there was a point at which the universe had an age t=0.

If you mean that time is a quality of our universe then I would agree. But there is good evidence to suggest that the universe had a beginning and so therefore did time.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,366.00
Faith
Atheist
Kindergarten comebacks. So ubiquitous from the nongodian rote factory.
Without time, there is only God.

1 + 0 = God.

1 x 1 = us.

And lots and lots more.

But it's nice to know you think on these things.

Can someone explain the math metaphor?
It simply doesn't mathematically compute:
1+0 = 1 = God
1 x 1 = us = 1
1=1, so that would mean that God=Us, explaining a lot of Polycarp_fans views
I'm satisfied that my math adds up.

/thread

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.