A Shepherds Care Judges 17:6
Written By (D.R.H.D.S) Dan Dixon
"GIVE US OUR RIGHTS"
says "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes." Proverbs 12:15
says "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes." Proverbs 14:12
says "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
It is very sad to say that when the rights of people are heard, in most cases the Word of God is silenced. It seems that it's no longer a question, am I going to do that which is right or wrong, but the cry goes out I will do whatever I want to do as long as it doesn't (seemingly) hurt others. Most are concerned about "their rights", whether their rights are right or wrong in God's eyes.
Let us look to God's word at some of the "peoples rights."
In the Old Testament, the rights of the people are heard in 1 Sam. 8:1-22
(read for yourselves.) NOTE! Ver. 5.
The people have rights and cry out "Make us a King to judge us like all the nations." Actually it was Israel crying out- we don't want God to rule over us, we want a human leader (king) like the other nations.
In Ver. 7
the rights of the people are heard "And the Lord said unto Samuel, harken unto the voice (rights) of the people, in all that they say unto thee, for they have not rejected thee but they have rejected Me that I should not reign over them." Ver. 8
(God says) "They have forsaken Me and served other gods." Note! Ver. 11-17
God says "Give them their rights. They don't want Me to rule their lives. Give them what they want."
1. He will take your sons.
2. He will take your daughters.
3. He will take your fields.
4. He will take your seed (crops.)
5. He will take your servants.
6. He will take your sheep.
When the rights of the people go against Gods word, the outcome is always disastrous. Ver. 19
: "Nevertheless, the people refuse to obey the voice of Samuel."
(Spokesman for Gods word) (rights) and cry out 'We demand our rights'- even when their rights were downright wrong.
Lets turn to the gospels and hear the cry (rights) of the people. Luke 19:14 "We will not have this man (Jesus) to reign (rule) over us." Luke 23:23
the voice (rights) of the people and chief priests (government) "and the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed." John:15
But they cried out "Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him."
Pilate said unto them, "Shall I crucify your king
(Jesus)?" The chief priests answered "We have no king but Caesar."
In the Old Testament, the rights of the people were heard. God the Father was rejected. They demanded their rights even knowing their rights were wrong.
In the gospels, the rights of the people were heard and the (government) ruling authorities listened to the rights of the people. "Crucify Him, we will not have the man to reign over us!!."
Or in other words, we demand our rights, whether its right or wrong in Gods eyes.
What about today right here in Canada. "Give us our rights even if our rights go against Gods Word."
Let's think of some of the rights of the people.
1. We have the right to remove prayer from our schools.
2. We have the right to remove disciplinary action from parents. But Gods word says "Spare the rod and spoil the child." No children should not be beaten but a spanking done in love and concern has never hurt any child.
3. We have the right to teach safe sex to our young children in our schools (right). Thats why there are fewer teen pregnancies today (right or wrong).
4. We have the right to legalize drugs. (Marijuana, alcohol, etc.) Thats why there is no such thing as drug and alcohol addiction and of course this right will stop drunk drivers and drugged drivers from accidentally killing our children (right.)
5. Violent criminals have the right to be set free. They have the right to try again. (Sad to say many do rape and kill again.)
6. What about gay and homosexual rights. The other day I was called upon to give money to find a cure for AIDS. The cure has been found. The precious blood of Christ.
Right, rights, rights but no wrongs.
7. Maybe its time for God to cry out for His rights. (read Heb. 10:29-31
yourselves.) and Note! "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
Dear friends--you have the right to take God at His word and accept or reject Christ and His finished work at Calvary.
I wonder how many are crying out for the right to become a true child of God before it is forever too late.
Woe! unto the inhabitants of this world and country when God starts to display and demand His rights against those who reject THE LIVING AND WRITTEN WORD OF GOD.
Love in Christ- Dan