|Ask a Chaplain Have a question or problem? Ask a chaplain. |
17th September 2009, 04:46 AM
| || |
Join Date: 6th September 2008
Reps: 4,702,893,574,760,591 (power: 4,702,893,574,774)
Need Help from a Chaplain
Hi whoever Chaplain reads this and posts back. I have a few questions that have been in the back of my mind for a while, and I was hoping to get some answers.
1. What makes the Bible more valid than say, the Koran? Both are books written by men who claim to be in contact with God, or Allah in the case of Islam. What makes the Bible "correct", when there is no way to validate that these books were indeed written by a deity?
2. How can we determine that miracles are created by a Christian god? Sure, "miracles" may happen all throughout the world, but how do you say that these so-called miracles are created by the Christian god and not any other god from any other religion?
3. What is faith?
4. If Christianity is really the religion to end all religions, why does it have so many denominations?
5. Most Christians believe that the only way to get into Heaven is to believe in God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit. If so, does this mean that Christians believe that all non-Christians all go to hell?
6. Is God a good God? Then why do we have war, hunger, poverty, etc.?
7. If Christianity is indeed a religion that promotes helping your fellow man, why are the majority of Christians right-wing? Conservative politics tend to favor getting the most for oneself and ignoring the plight of other people (shown by increased desire for more Capitalism and rights reduction for people besides themselves), so how can Christians believe in both helping your fellow man and be conservative?
I will post more questions when I get the time to do so. Thank you for reading, and I hope that you can help me.
17th September 2009, 10:25 AM
| || |
| || |
Join Date: 24th March 2002
Reps: 614,620,146,513,211,776 (power: 614,620,146,513,235)
The bible describes God's nature. It's about God.
If God exists, He would be the only essential being. Man nor mans actions would be essential. The only text we have that describes God's nature is the bible. All other religious texts are about man pursuing god. Do this, do that, be this and be that and god will accept you. But this can't be God's nature once you begin to actually go into the idea of who Almighty God would necessarily be.
The OT of the bible is about Jesus, it's about mans attempts to be holy and the utter failure of these attempts. It's a road map to a coming Savior!
The bible says that God is the only perfect good, and perfection is His standard of acceptance.
God made a way for man to be in fellowship with Himself. But other religions believe they are making a way to be in fellowship with Him.
Given God's nature, and mans fallen state I believe the bible is the only truth that exists in describing a Holy God that draws men to Himself. All other religions are man trying to catch god.
Read Romans 3:23
Romans 10: 9-10
All of Romans chapter 5
Living John 8:36
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Receiving the spirit of God is a miracle, it's a gift given to those that have been allowed to see their lost condition and they cry out to the Lord: Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
| || |