Home | Be a Christian | Devotionals | Join Us! | Forums | Rules | F.A.Q.


Go Back   Christian Forums > Edification (orthodox Christians only) > Edification (orthodox Christians only) > Dreams & Visions
Register BlogsPrayersJobsArcade Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dreams & Visions A subforum for the discussion of dreams & visions from God.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 28th July 2009, 11:25 PM
Christian_Babe234's Avatar
I'm just me

22 Gender: Female Faith: Non-Denominational Party: US-Republican Country: United States Member For 5 Years Steward
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 14th March 2006
Location: I could be anywhere
Posts: 4,125
Blessings: 1,128,626
My Mood Cheerful
Reps: 9,308,077,593,335,788 (power: 9,308,077,593,348)
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Question I believe God speaks to me through my dreams

3 weeks before my mother found out she was pregnant again I had a dream that we were driving her to the hospital in February 2010 and we had diaper bags and everything. It was cold and wet and there was snow falling. It was such a happy dream. i told her that morning after I woke up. We just laughed it off and thought nothing off it. Then June 27th mom found out she was pregnant! We jumped up and down and all around. It was such a great dream. She's doing pretty good right now. We think she may be further along than she already is because we feel the baby moving a lot. This is not the first time i have ever had a dream come true like this.

2 days before i found out I passed my GED test, I had a dream that I was sitting at the computer desk and I had called and in my dream I passed my test. I called on my lil' bros 3rd birthday which was June 22 and I found out I passed. Everything went just like it did in my dream. The only thing that was different is I had to go to the kitchen to find out if I had passed or not because the TV was too loud and my little brother was laughing at Elmo too loud. It was such a happy day!

So my question is, has God given me a gift?

(There are other dreams like these that I have had for many years. So it's really nothing new to me, these dreams.)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I <3 Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Become a CF Site Supporter Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

  #2  
Unread 28th July 2009, 11:33 PM
freeport's Avatar
Senior Veteran

Gender: Male Married Faith: Christian Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 21st June 2009
Posts: 2,144
Blessings: 152,562
My Mood Where
Reps: 38,221,363,904,330 (power: 0)
freeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond repute
freeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christian_Babe234 View Post
3 weeks before my mother found out she was pregnant again I had a dream that we were driving her to the hospital in February 2010 and we had diaper bags and everything. It was cold and wet and there was snow falling. It was such a happy dream. i told her that morning after I woke up. We just laughed it off and thought nothing off it. Then June 27th mom found out she was pregnant! We jumped up and down and all around. It was such a great dream. She's doing pretty good right now. We think she may be further along than she already is because we feel the baby moving a lot. This is not the first time i have ever had a dream come true like this.

2 days before i found out I passed my GED test, I had a dream that I was sitting at the computer desk and I had called and in my dream I passed my test. I called on my lil' bros 3rd birthday which was June 22 and I found out I passed. Everything went just like it did in my dream. The only thing that was different is I had to go to the kitchen to find out if I had passed or not because the TV was too loud and my little brother was laughing at Elmo too loud. It was such a happy day!

So my question is, has God given me a gift?

(There are other dreams like these that I have had for many years. So it's really nothing new to me, these dreams.)
Sounds like it. It is as you believe.

That is how things work.

What is the most intense, amazing dream from God you have ever had?
  #3  
Unread 30th July 2009, 11:02 AM
heron's Avatar
Legend

Member For 5 Years
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 24th March 2005
Posts: 20,404
Blessings: 24,313
Reps: 225,918,858,897,027,968 (power: 225,918,858,897,057)
heron has disabled reputation
Then June 27th mom found out she was pregnant!
That sounds about right, for a February birth! Congratulations on sisterhood, Babe. It could be the dream came because your mother would worry about miscarriages and having children when older... your dream reassures her that it will work out well.

A gift is a present, something someone gives you when they love you, because they think you will appreciate it and use it. I think God speaks to you this way because He knows you appreciate it and would use it well.
  #4  
Unread 30th July 2009, 04:46 PM
GaryP's Avatar
Newbie

Gender: Male Faith: Calvary-Chapel Member For 5 Years
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 28th April 2009
Posts: 1,085
Blessings: 54,466
Reps: 13,770,076,722,555,234 (power: 13,770,076,722,562)
GaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond repute
GaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond reputeGaryP has a reputation beyond repute
I would say no. As it is common for creation to look toward dreams instead of the Act
of Jesus. I see nothing special about a dream regarding passing a GED, when in fact you
must have studied hard for the exam or a dream about your mother who is of child bearing age and had another baby just 3 years ago. Now if you mother was 70 years old, that would be a different story. The danger of a person looking for Divine messages in dreams, as again they take their eyes off of the act of Jesus and they open themselves up to other spirits.
As you read the Dream Forum, you will see this folly, as every dream is from God
and there is a secret message in everyone.
The Fact remains, You passed the test, because you studied, your Mother became
pregnant because, she and your Father took an action.
Test Dream that you think are from God, Do they point to Jesus or away.
The other Dreams, you are the creator. They mirror your life.
__________________
Mark 15:38 Enter into the Temple it is now open
to all.
  #5  
Unread 30th July 2009, 06:32 PM
freeport's Avatar
Senior Veteran

Gender: Male Married Faith: Christian Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 21st June 2009
Posts: 2,144
Blessings: 152,562
My Mood Where
Reps: 38,221,363,904,330 (power: 0)
freeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond repute
freeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond reputefreeport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GaryP View Post
I would say no. As it is common for creation to look toward dreams instead of the Act
of Jesus. I see nothing special about a dream regarding passing a GED, when in fact you
must have studied hard for the exam or a dream about your mother who is of child bearing age and had another baby just 3 years ago. Now if you mother was 70 years old, that would be a different story. The danger of a person looking for Divine messages in dreams, as again they take their eyes off of the act of Jesus and they open themselves up to other spirits.
As you read the Dream Forum, you will see this folly, as every dream is from God
and there is a secret message in everyone.
The Fact remains, You passed the test, because you studied, your Mother became
pregnant because, she and your Father took an action.
Test Dream that you think are from God, Do they point to Jesus or away.
The other Dreams, you are the creator. They mirror your life.
Actually, Jesus points us to the Father...

These dreams show people God involved in their lives, personally.
  #6  
Unread 30th July 2009, 06:57 PM
Christian_Babe234's Avatar
I'm just me

22 Gender: Female Faith: Non-Denominational Party: US-Republican Country: United States Member For 5 Years Steward
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 14th March 2006
Location: I could be anywhere
Posts: 4,125
Blessings: 1,128,626
My Mood Cheerful
Reps: 9,308,077,593,335,788 (power: 9,308,077,593,348)
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GaryP View Post
I would say no. As it is common for creation to look toward dreams instead of the Act
of Jesus. I see nothing special about a dream regarding passing a GED, when in fact you
must have studied hard for the exam or a dream about your mother who is of child bearing age and had another baby just 3 years ago. Now if you mother was 70 years old, that would be a different story. The danger of a person looking for Divine messages in dreams, as again they take their eyes off of the act of Jesus and they open themselves up to other spirits.
As you read the Dream Forum, you will see this folly, as every dream is from God
and there is a secret message in everyone.
The Fact remains, You passed the test, because you studied, your Mother became
pregnant because, she and your Father took an action.
Test Dream that you think are from God, Do they point to Jesus or away.
The other Dreams, you are the creator. They mirror your life.
My mother was told she would never be able to have children EVER again. I am beginning to believe, and so are my parents, that I do have a gift from God. Thanks for your opinion though.

I failed the math practice test like 4 times before i got my recommendation to take the real test. I didn't study at all really before I took my test and it was a month since I got my recomendation before I took the actual test.

You also don't need to talk to me like I'm antiJesus or something. My parents have always told me that God does speak to people through dreams and visions. I'm not mad or offended in anyway. I want peoples opinions and ideas. So thanks to everyone. I still want to hear from other people and what they say.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I <3 Jonathan Rhys Meyers
  #7  
Unread 30th July 2009, 07:03 PM
Christian_Babe234's Avatar
I'm just me

22 Gender: Female Faith: Non-Denominational Party: US-Republican Country: United States Member For 5 Years Steward
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 14th March 2006
Location: I could be anywhere
Posts: 4,125
Blessings: 1,128,626
My Mood Cheerful
Reps: 9,308,077,593,335,788 (power: 9,308,077,593,348)
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by freeport View Post
Actually, Jesus points us to the Father...

These dreams show people God involved in their lives, personally.
I like what you had to say.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I <3 Jonathan Rhys Meyers
  #8  
Unread 30th July 2009, 07:28 PM
heron's Avatar
Legend

Member For 5 Years
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 24th March 2005
Posts: 20,404
Blessings: 24,313
Reps: 225,918,858,897,027,968 (power: 225,918,858,897,057)
heron has disabled reputation
My parents have always told me that God does speak to people through dreams and visions.
Have you ever counted the number of prophecies, visions, dreams, and angelic visits in the Bible?

Here are some ones related to Jesus' earthly life.

Mt 1:20
But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Mt 2:12
And having been warned by God in a dream not to return to Herod, the magi left for their own country by another way.

Mt 2:13
Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him."

Mt 2:19
But when Herod died, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, and said,

Mt 2:22
But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Then after being warned by God in a dream, he left for the regions of Galilee,

Mt 27:19
While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent him a message, saying, "Have nothing to do with that righteous Man; for last night I suffered greatly in a dream because of Him."


Mt 17:9
And as they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is raised from the dead.

Lu 1:22
But coming out, he was not able to speak to them, and they recognized that he had seen a vision in the temple. And he was making signs to them and continued dumb.

Lu 12:51
Do you think that I came to give peace in the earth? No, I say to you, But rather division.

Lu 24:23
and not finding His body, they came saying to have seen a vision of angels also, who say Him to be alive.



And later...
Ac 8:26
But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, Rise up and go along south on the highway going down to Jerusalem to Gaza. This is a deserted place .

Ac 10:3, 7
About the ninth hour of the day, he saw plainly in a vision an angel of God coming to him, and saying to him, Cornelius!

And when the angel speaking to Cornelius went away, calling two of his servants and a devout soldier of those continually waiting on him,

Ac 10:22
And they said, Cornelius, a centurion, a just man and one fearing God, and being testified to by all the nation of the Jews, was divinely warned by a holy angel to call you to his house and to hear words from you.

Ac 11:13
And he told us how he saw an angel in his house, standing and saying to him, Send men to Joppa, and send for Simon who is surnamed Peter...

Ac 12:7,8, 9
And, behold! An angel of the Lord stood by, and a light shone in the building. And striking Peter's side, he raised him up, saying, Rise up in haste! And the chains fell off from his hands.

And the angel said to him, Gird yourself, and bind on your sandals. And he did so. And he said to him, Throw around your garment and follow me.

And going out, he followed him, and did not know that this happening through the angel was real, but he thought he saw a vision.

Ac 12:10
And going through a first and a second guard, they came on the iron gate leading into the city, which opened to them of itself. And going out, they went on one street; and instantly the angel withdrew from him.

Ac 12:11
And having come, Peter said within himself, Now I know truly that the Lord sent out His angel and plucked me out of Herod's hand, and out of all the expectation of the people of the Jews.

Ac 12:15
But they said to her, You are raving. But she insisted, holding it to be so. And they said, It is his angel.

Ac 12:23
And instantly an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give the glory to God. And having been eaten by worms, his soul went out.


Ac 27:23
For tonight stood by me an angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,


Ac 2:17
`AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, `THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

Jude 1:8
Yet in the same way these men, also by dreaming, defile the flesh, and reject authority, and revile angelic majesties.

1Ti 3:16
And confessedly, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in flesh, was justified in Spirit, was seen by angels, was proclaimed among nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

Heb 13:2Do not forget hospitality, for by this some unknowingly took in angels as guests.Re 1:1
A Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His slaves things which must occur quickly. And He signified by sending through His angel to His slave, John...

Notice that an angel, dream, or vision came when there was a need to reveal information. The world speaks of psychics who possess powers, but Christianity speaks of God's power that works in people. We are clay vessels.
  #9  
Unread 30th July 2009, 09:15 PM
Christian_Babe234's Avatar
I'm just me

22 Gender: Female Faith: Non-Denominational Party: US-Republican Country: United States Member For 5 Years Steward
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 14th March 2006
Location: I could be anywhere
Posts: 4,125
Blessings: 1,128,626
My Mood Cheerful
Reps: 9,308,077,593,335,788 (power: 9,308,077,593,348)
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Christian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond reputeChristian_Babe234 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. That is a lot. Thank you for the scriptures. You're awesome. I was not aware of all these scriptures. I knew a couple of these, I just didn't know there was that many. I don't believe in psychics either. I believe God has a power beyond our imagination. Thank you for that.

Originally Posted by heron View Post
Have you ever counted the number of prophecies, visions, dreams, and angelic visits in the Bible?

Here are some ones related to Jesus' earthly life.

Mt 1:20
But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Mt 2:12
And having been warned by God in a dream not to return to Herod, the magi left for their own country by another way.

Mt 2:13
Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him."

Mt 2:19
But when Herod died, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, and said,

Mt 2:22
But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Then after being warned by God in a dream, he left for the regions of Galilee,

Mt 27:19
While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent him a message, saying, "Have nothing to do with that righteous Man; for last night I suffered greatly in a dream because of Him."


Mt 17:9
And as they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is raised from the dead.

Lu 1:22
But coming out, he was not able to speak to them, and they recognized that he had seen a vision in the temple. And he was making signs to them and continued dumb.

Lu 12:51
Do you think that I came to give peace in the earth? No, I say to you, But rather division.

Lu 24:23
and not finding His body, they came saying to have seen a vision of angels also, who say Him to be alive.



And later...
Ac 8:26
But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, Rise up and go along south on the highway going down to Jerusalem to Gaza. This is a deserted place .

Ac 10:3, 7
About the ninth hour of the day, he saw plainly in a vision an angel of God coming to him, and saying to him, Cornelius!

And when the angel speaking to Cornelius went away, calling two of his servants and a devout soldier of those continually waiting on him,

Ac 10:22
And they said, Cornelius, a centurion, a just man and one fearing God, and being testified to by all the nation of the Jews, was divinely warned by a holy angel to call you to his house and to hear words from you.

Ac 11:13
And he told us how he saw an angel in his house, standing and saying to him, Send men to Joppa, and send for Simon who is surnamed Peter...

Ac 12:7,8, 9
And, behold! An angel of the Lord stood by, and a light shone in the building. And striking Peter's side, he raised him up, saying, Rise up in haste! And the chains fell off from his hands.

And the angel said to him, Gird yourself, and bind on your sandals. And he did so. And he said to him, Throw around your garment and follow me.

And going out, he followed him, and did not know that this happening through the angel was real, but he thought he saw a vision.

Ac 12:10
And going through a first and a second guard, they came on the iron gate leading into the city, which opened to them of itself. And going out, they went on one street; and instantly the angel withdrew from him.

Ac 12:11
And having come, Peter said within himself, Now I know truly that the Lord sent out His angel and plucked me out of Herod's hand, and out of all the expectation of the people of the Jews.

Ac 12:15
But they said to her, You are raving. But she insisted, holding it to be so. And they said, It is his angel.

Ac 12:23
And instantly an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give the glory to God. And having been eaten by worms, his soul went out.


Ac 27:23
For tonight stood by me an angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,


Ac 2:17
`AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, `THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

Jude 1:8
Yet in the same way these men, also by dreaming, defile the flesh, and reject authority, and revile angelic majesties.

1Ti 3:16
And confessedly, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in flesh, was justified in Spirit, was seen by angels, was proclaimed among nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

Heb 13:2Do not forget hospitality, for by this some unknowingly took in angels as guests.Re 1:1
A Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His slaves things which must occur quickly. And He signified by sending through His angel to His slave, John...

Notice that an angel, dream, or vision came when there was a need to reveal information. The world speaks of psychics who possess powers, but Christianity speaks of God's power that works in people. We are clay vessels.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I <3 Jonathan Rhys Meyers
 


Return to Dreams & Visions

Thread Tools
Display Modes


 
Become a CF Site Supporter Today and Make These Ads Go Away!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.