Home | Be a Christian | Devotionals | Forums | Rules | F.A.Q.


Go Back   Christian Forums > Theology (orthodox Christians only) > Theology (orthodox Christians only) > General Theology
BlogsPrayersJobsArcade Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Theology The forum for general theological discussions about issues that do not fit in any other forum, eg. Angelology

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 01:47 AM
maximo1's Avatar
Newbie

Faith: Pentecostal Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 13th January 2005
Posts: 10
Blessings: 145,613
Reps: 10 (power: 0)
maximo1 is on a distinguished road
Does it say in the Bible that you won't be able to tell season from season?

Does it say that you won't be able to tell season from season in the end times. It seems that this is accepted by most and talked about but I can't find it and neither can any of my friends. I know the Bible mentions earthquakes, floods, famines and other things of that nature. But, what about the commonly talked about/preached about statement that you won't be able to tell season from season.

The weather is pretty crazy right now so a lot of people are throwing this "verse" around. If it's in the bible, some body please give me the verse.
Become a CF Site Supporter Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

 
Unread 13th January 2005, 02:31 AM
Dad Ernie's Avatar
Senior Veteran

69 Gender: Male Faith: Protestant Country: United States Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 28th November 2003
Location: Salem, Oregon, USA
Posts: 2,101
Blessings: 148,517
Reps: 5,121 (power: 18)
Dad Ernie is a name known to all
Dad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to allDad Ernie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by maximo1
Does it say that you won't be able to tell season from season in the end times. It seems that this is accepted by most and talked about but I can't find it and neither can any of my friends. I know the Bible mentions earthquakes, floods, famines and other things of that nature. But, what about the commonly talked about/preached about statement that you won't be able to tell season from season.

The weather is pretty crazy right now so a lot of people are throwing this "verse" around. If it's in the bible, some body please give me the verse.
Greetings Maximo1,

If not "winter" then what season:

Matthew 24:20-21 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 02:35 AM
Ave Maria's Avatar
Ave Maria Gratia Plena

32 Gender: Female Faith: Catholic Party: US-Republican Country: United States Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 31st May 2004
Location: Diocese of Evansville, IN USA
Posts: 71,910
Blessings: 12,196,376
My Mood Praying
Blog Entries: 14
Reps: 435,050,472,900,586,688 (power: 435,050,472,900,668)
Ave Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond repute
Ave Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond reputeAve Maria has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dad Ernie
Greetings Maximo1,

If not "winter" then what season:

Matthew 24:20-21 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie
So I guess the answer to the OP's question is no?
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 03:00 AM
Bachan's Avatar
Junior Member

Gender: Male Faith: Non-Denominational Party: US-Republican Country: United States Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 7th January 2005
Posts: 34
Blessings: 145,592
Reps: 67 (power: 0)
Bachan will become famous soon enough
specifically about end times - remember also "wars and rumors of wars" and "no man knows the hour". The 60s-70s w/ Vietnam was big on end times (from what I hear) as well as numerous other 'times' between Christ's assension and today.
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 10:30 AM
maximo1's Avatar
Newbie

Faith: Pentecostal Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 13th January 2005
Posts: 10
Blessings: 145,613
Reps: 10 (power: 0)
maximo1 is on a distinguished road
For some reason, I really thought this was stated clearly in the Bible and apparently a lot of other people do as well. When I was asked this question, I automatically said yeah it's in there, probably in matthew 24 or Luke 21. He said, "nope, i've already looked." Well, I looked and it wasn't there either. Then I thought maybe it's in one of the minor prophets or Daniel.

Do any of you actually believe this is part of the end times: The temperature being random and it finally getting to the point that you can't tell season from season.
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 10:47 AM
nephilimiyr's Avatar
I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open

51 Gender: Male Married Faith: Non-Denominational Party: US-Libertarian Country: United States Member For 5 Years
View Profile Pic
 
Join Date: 21st January 2003
Location: Wausau Wisconsin
Posts: 23,031
Blessings: 1,105,749
My Mood Fine
Reps: 2,677,612,795,098,523,136 (power: 2,677,612,795,098,558)
nephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond repute
nephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond reputenephilimiyr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maximo1
For some reason, I really thought this was stated clearly in the Bible and apparently a lot of other people do as well. When I was asked this question, I automatically said yeah it's in there, probably in matthew 24 or Luke 21. He said, "nope, i've already looked." Well, I looked and it wasn't there either. Then I thought maybe it's in one of the minor prophets or Daniel.

Do any of you actually believe this is part of the end times: The temperature being random and it finally getting to the point that you can't tell season from season.
Do I believe that? Yes. I believe we will see a nuclear war and it will result in a nuclear winter of some sort. The question is will that nuclear war (Gog/Magog) result in people not being able to discern the seasons? I would have to say yes.
__________________

God didn't send His Son to pay for the forgiveness of your sin, and then decide He is going to require you to make installment payments. He only requires you to believe that the FULL PAYMENT was done, over 2000 yr. ago..........then you'll stop trying to make the installments on something you could never pay for anyway. The Good News is that you are debt free!
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 11:11 AM
maximo1's Avatar
Newbie

Faith: Pentecostal Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 13th January 2005
Posts: 10
Blessings: 145,613
Reps: 10 (power: 0)
maximo1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nephilimiyr
Do I believe that? Yes. I believe we will see a nuclear war and it will result in a nuclear winter of some sort. The question is will that nuclear war (Gog/Magog) result in people not being able to discern the seasons? I would have to say yes.
That's very possible in this day and age. But, other than something caused by war, do you believe that stuff like it not getting very cold in the winter is apart of the end times. This might sound crazy to some of you. The reason I'm wondering is that I've read on different websites and saw videos about the end times and weather patterns come up a lot. By saying weather patterns, I'm not talking about flooding, earthquakes or any other natural disaster. I'm talking about temperature. But, scripture isn't quoted; it's simply stated.
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 03:17 PM
Dark_Lite's Avatar
Chewbacha

Faith: Catholic Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 15th February 2002
Posts: 17,096
Blessings: 46,141,659
Reps: 1,238,051,283,267,514,112 (power: 1,238,051,283,267,544)
Dark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond repute
Dark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond reputeDark_Lite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maximo1
That's very possible in this day and age. But, other than something caused by war, do you believe that stuff like it not getting very cold in the winter is apart of the end times. This might sound crazy to some of you. The reason I'm wondering is that I've read on different websites and saw videos about the end times and weather patterns come up a lot. By saying weather patterns, I'm not talking about flooding, earthquakes or any other natural disaster. I'm talking about temperature. But, scripture isn't quoted; it's simply stated.
Oh noes!

The heat wave!

Don't listen to any moder day "prophecies" regarding the end times. You'll know when they're here.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Client-side CF enhancements for Google Chrome. Now with [bible=tag]power[/bible].

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Read CF in your mobile web browser. For all kinds of devices.
 
Unread 13th January 2005, 03:49 PM
mrcrow's Avatar
Senior Member

Faith: Christian Member For 5 Years
 
Join Date: 11th January 2005
Posts: 567
Blessings: 145,101
Reps: 1,006 (power: 11)
mrcrow is a glorious beacon of lightmrcrow is a glorious beacon of lightmrcrow is a glorious beacon of lightmrcrow is a glorious beacon of lightmrcrow is a glorious beacon of lightmrcrow is a glorious beacon of lightmrcrow is a glorious beacon of lightmrcrow is a glorious beacon of light
everything in its due season..ie the time when things are right..ripe..
the exact meaning of seasons is not just summer winter etc..imho
but the weather patterns are changing from what we re USED to..
in israel 2000 years ago there were forests where there is desert today
take it spiritually...and get ready..fellowship more as the time approaches..
 

Return to General Theology

Thread Tools


 
Become a CF Site Supporter Today and Make These Ads Go Away!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.