|What are the site-wide rules for Christian Forums? |
By using this website, you acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of these rules. These rules apply to all communications made on this site. Noncompliance with these rules will mean posts are edited or deleted, accounts actioned with warnings, infractions or bans.
If you are younger than 13, your parent or guardian must provide written consent here for you to become a member of this site.
Christian Forums, its owners, and staff will not be held responsible for any advice given or posts made on this site. All advice given or posts made reflect the views and opinions of the poster.
Christian Forums reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify these rules without notice or warning. It is your responsibility to review these rules regularly and ensure your compliance with them.
You will not insult or mock Christianity or any part of the Trinity-Father(God), Son(Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. Honest debate about the nature of God and Christianity is allowed, but derogatory remarks will be promptly removed.
Vulgarity and Profanity
Do not post graphic or sexually explicit images or text. Do not use profanity or foul language (this includes using punctuations to bypass the profanity filter and a few non-censored words found here.)
Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
Abortion; Adultery or Premarital Sex; Homosexuality; Illegal Activity; Other Religions; On-Line Deliverance; Professional Counseling; Prophecy
● Abortion may only be discussed in the Ethics & Morality forum, the Christian Philosophy and Ethics forum, and the Congregation and Recovery categories within the limits of the rules for those areas.
● Do not promote or encourage adultery or premarital sex.
● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.
● Do not promote illegal activity.
● Do not promote or proselytize religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity. For the purpose of these rules, Christianity is defined by Christian Forums' Statement of Faith.
● Do not make posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or post instructions on how to complete deliverance.
● Do not give professional legal, financial, medical, or other counseling. Do not direct, imply, or suggest that others should disregard doctors' orders regarding medical diagnosis and/or treatment.
● Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal Blog.
**Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.
Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
● Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.
● Those who do not adhere to the Statement of Faith are welcome as members and participants in discussions, but you are required to respect these beliefs, even if you do not share them.
● Do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes, making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
● Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.
Congregational Forum Restrictions, Christian Only Forums, and Off-Topic posts
Do not teach or debate in any Congregational Forum unless you are truly a member and share its core beliefs and teachings. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.
Do not post in the forums reserved for Christians only, unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in Unorthodox Theology.
Respect and become familiar with each forum's Statement of Purpose. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose; submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion. Off Topic posts will be moved or removed.
Privacy, Confidentiality, Copyright Legalities, Spamming and Advertising
● Do not publicly disseminate personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, your home address, phone number, social security number, or credit card information. You may place your Email address and instant messenger information in your profile.
● Do not publicly release the contents of a member's private communications without permission.
● Members shall not make posts which violate the copyrights of others or promote another work as your own. Quoted portions of any work, with in reason, must not exceed 20% of the total work. Materials owned by the Associated Press shall not be quoted using more than one sentence. All quoted copyrighted material must be linked to the web page from which it was taken.
● Do not repetitively post similar or identical posts or threads. Do not advertise commercial products or services. This prohibition includes begging or soliciting donations or financial support (charitable or otherwise, for any reason) anywhere on the site.
● Signatures can have tickers and CF internal links, but not other external links. If desired, place these other links on your profile page.
Advertisement on the Forum
Christian Forums has limited control over the advertising on the forum. We can filter ads after we see them, which is done on a regular basis by Pauler. However, there are many ad networks that advertise here. If you see an ad that slipped through and is objectionable, please note which ad network the ad is coming from by rolling over the ad with your mouse and noting the URL in the status bar at the bottom. Then copy the destination URL by right clicking and selecting "copy link address". PM this to Pauler who will assist in quickly locating the ad and removing it. Without this information, he would literally be combing through thousands of ads manually. Please use these instructions and do not discuss these ads in public forums.
Disruptive Behavior, Campaigning, Staff Disciplinary Action
Do not disrupt the peace and harmony of the site by rehashing alleged grievances or disputes, publicly complaining about posts or threads, or ranting about Christian Forums or its staff. Do not attempt to undermine these rules or policies via campaigns, petitions, or protests. Do not discuss staff or reported actions publicly. Use the Member Services Center to submit questions and complaints about staff disciplinary action or rules.
Do not bypass bans by creating or using sock accounts or modifying your IP address. Doing so will result in a permanent ban and/or an IP ban and a complaint to your ISP (internet service provider).
Be truthful about your identity. Don't impersonate other members.
|What are the rules for the Chat Box? |
● The Chatbox is intended for light discussion only.
● Topics such as theology, ethics, or debate should be reserved for forum threads.
● No posting of images or external links in the Chatbox.
● All Christian Forums Rules Apply.
Chat box users are able to edit their posts by double clicking their post and then retyping their text or editing down to a "."
|Statement of Faith |
|CF supports the following as a statement of faith: |
The Nicene Creed (with scriptural references)
We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)
And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1:14)
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)
And ascended into Heaven, (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:10)
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55)
And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)
And in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26)
the Lord, (Acts 5:3-4)v
the Giver of Life, (Genesis 1:2)
Who proceeds from the Father; (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; (Matthew 3:16-17)
Who spoke through the prophets. (1 Samuel 19:20 ; Ezekiel 11:5,13)
In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (1 Peter 2:5,9)
catholic*, (Mark 16:15)
and apostolic Church. (Acts 2:42; Ephesians 2:19-22)
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins**. (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)
I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)
AMEN. (Psalm 106:48)
*The word "catholic" (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine.
**May be interpreted as baptism is a matter of obedience and not a requirement for salvation or as a regenerating ordinance.
Discussions about Nicene and Trinitarian beliefs may take place in the Christian-Only forums, all discussions regarding non-Nicene and non-Trinitarian topics will take place in Unorthodox Theology. Those topics include (but are not limited to)
● Open Theism
● Full Preterism
● discussions related to unorthodox Christian religions
|Christian Forums is deeply committed to protecting the privacy of its users. Absolutely no user-identifiable information is released to any third parties without the user's consent.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.
During the process of registering an account, a valid email address is required. The user has the ability to hide this email not only from other users, but from the administration as well (all set in user preferences). No email addresses will be shared with any other entity without permission. If a user chooses to hide his/her email from the administration, no contact will be made, unless for disciplinary action.
Members have the option of allowing or disallowing guests to view their member profile. If guests are not allowed to view a member's profile, then search engines will not be able to spider the profile as well. This keeps member profiles private and restricted to registered members only. Members can hide from other members specific information in their profile, such as reputation level, birthday, age, gender, faith, and even site supporter status. This information can be set in the User Control Panel: Options.
All private messages belonging to a member remain private at all times. None of the moderators or staff at Christian Forums have access to private messages of members. The webmaster of Christian Forums will not be accessing the database directly to view the private messages of members. Private messages will remain private.
| || |