|What are the site-wide rules for Christian Forums?
Members of Christian Forums are considerate, motivated by love and not hate, and they respect one another. Because our members are considerate, loving, and respectful, they do not make overly provocative posts, posts which seek to annoy or cause disruption, or posts which personally attack other members out of anger and frustration. Our members desire to contribute in a positive and loving manner so that Christian Forums will display the gracious love of God. Our rules were established for the benefit of both our membership and CF as a whole.
● By using this website, you acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of these rules. These rules apply to all communications made on this site.
● Noncompliance with these rules may result in posts which are edited or deleted, and accounts actioned with warnings, infractions or bans.
● Christian Forums reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify these rules without notice or warning. It is your responsibility to review these rules regularly and ensure your compliance with them.
● Christian Forums reserves the right to edit, remove, move or close any thread when deemed necessary.
● The content of all posted links must comply with Christian Forum's rules.
● Those who do not adhere to the Statement of Faith are welcome as members and participants in discussions, but you are required to respect these beliefs, even if you do not share them.
● You must be 16 years of age to join Christian Forums.
● Christian Forums, its owners, and staff will not be held responsible for any advice given or posts made on this site. All advice given or posts made reflect the views and opinions of the poster.
It is considered blasphemy to insult or mock Christianity or any part of the Trinity-Father (God), Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. Honest debate about the nature of God and Christian Theology is allowed, but derogatory remarks are not.
Vulgarity and Profanity
Please do not post violent, disturbing, graphic, or sexually explicit images or text. Profanity or foul language is not allowed. This includes using punctuations or acronyms to bypass the profanity filter and a few non-censored words found here.
Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
● Please check each forum's Statement of Purpose thread for any additional guidelines related to these controversial topics.
● Abortion, adultery, premarital sex, and marijuana use may be discussed, but encouraging participation in these activities is not allowed. Illegal activities may not be encouraged or promoted*.
● Homosexuality may not be promoted* on Christian Forums. Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.
● Promoting* or proselytizing religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity is not allowed. For the purpose of these rules, Christianity is defined by Christian Forums' Statement of Faith.
● Posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or posts which give instructions on how to complete deliverance are not allowed.
● Please do not give professional legal, financial, medical, or other counseling. Do not direct, imply, or suggest that others should disregard doctors' orders regarding medical diagnosis and/or treatment.
● Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal blog.
*Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.
Flaming and Goading
● Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
● Do not attack another member's character or actions in any way, address only the content of their post and not the member personally.
● NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad.
● Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian is not allowed.
● Only the person to whom the post is addressed may report the other. Anyone may report generalized flames or goads which are addressed to a group of members.
● Moderators have the right to report egregious violations of flaming or goading.
● Clear violations of the flaming rule will result in bans.
● Be considerate and do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
● Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.
Congregational Forum Restrictions and orthodox Christian Only Forums
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. There are forums reserved for orthodox Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in the Unorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum.
Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.
Privacy, Impersonation, Confidentiality
● For your own safety, please do not publicly disseminate any personally identifiable information such as your home address, phone number, social security number, or credit card information. You may place your Email address and instant messenger information in your profile.
● Be truthful about your identity. Don't impersonate other members.
● Publicly releasing the contents of a member's private communications without permission is not allowed.
Copyright Legalities, Spamming and Advertising, Signatures
● Quoted portions of any work should not exceed 20% of the total work. Materials owned by the Associated Press must be quoted using only one sentence. All quoted copyrighted material must be linked to the web page from which it was taken. Do not violate the copyrights of others or promote another work as your own.
● Repetitive posting of similar or identical posts or threads is not allowed. Do not advertise commercial products or services. This prohibition includes begging or soliciting donations or financial support (charitable or otherwise) anywhere on the site.
● Signatures may have tickers and CF internal links, but not other external links. If desired, place these other links on your profile page.
Disruptive Behavior, Campaigning, Staff Disciplinary Action
Maintain the peace and harmony of CF by not rehashing alleged grievances or disputes, publicly complaining about posts, threads, Christian Forums or its staff. Attempting to undermine these rules or policies via campaigns, petitions, or protests is not allowed. Please do not publicly discuss reported posts or staff actions taken on yourself or other members. Use the Member Services Center to submit questions and complaints about staff disciplinary actions or rules.
Do not bypass bans by creating or using sock accounts or modifying your IP address. Doing so will result in a permanent ban and/or an IP ban and a complaint to your ISP (internet service provider).
Advertisement on the Forum
Christian Forums has limited control over the advertising on the forum. We can filter ads after we see them, which is done on a regular basis by Pauler. However, there are many ad networks that advertise here. If you see an ad that slipped through and is objectionable, please note which network the ad is coming from by rolling over the ad with your mouse and noting the URL in the status bar at the bottom. Copy the destination URL by right clicking and selecting "copy link address", then post this information in a Contact Us Form. Staff will then quickly locate the ad and remove it. Without the URL link, we would literally be searching through thousands of ads manually. Please follow these instructions and do not discuss these ads in public forums.
|What are the rules for the Chatbox?
● The chatbox is intended for light discussion only.
● Topics such as theology, ethics, or debate should be reserved for forum threads.
● No posting of images or external links in the chatbox.
● Please only use english in the chatbox.
● All Christian Forums rules apply.
Chatbox users are able to edit their posts by double clicking their post and then retyping their text or editing down to a "."
|Statement of Faith
|CF supports the following as a statement of faith:
The Nicene Creed (with scriptural references)
We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)
And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1:14)
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)
And ascended into Heaven, (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:10)
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55)
And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)
And in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26)
the Lord, (Acts 5:3-4)v
the Giver of Life, (Genesis 1:2)
Who proceeds from the Father; (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; (Matthew 3:16-17)
Who spoke through the prophets. (1 Samuel 19:20 ; Ezekiel 11:5,13)
In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (1 Peter 2:5,9)
catholic*, (Mark 16:15)
and apostolic Church. (Acts 2:42; Ephesians 2:19-22)
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins**. (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)
I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)
AMEN. (Psalm 106:48)
*The word "catholic" (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine.
**May be interpreted as baptism is a matter of obedience and not a requirement for salvation or as a regenerating ordinance.
Discussions about Nicene and Trinitarian beliefs may take place in the orthodox Christians only forums, all discussions regarding non-Nicene and non-Trinitarian topics will take place in the Unorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum. Those topics include (but are not limited to)
● Open Theism
● Full Preterism
● Discussions related to unorthodox Christian religions
|Christian Forums is deeply committed to protecting the privacy of its users. Absolutely no user-identifiable information is released to any third parties without the user's consent.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.
During the process of registering an account, a valid email address is required. The user has the ability to hide this email not only from other users, but from the administration as well (all set in user preferences). No email addresses will be shared with any other entity without permission. If a user chooses to hide his/her email from the administration, no contact will be made, unless for disciplinary action.
Members have the option of allowing or disallowing guests to view their member profile. If guests are not allowed to view a member's profile, then search engines will not be able to spider the profile as well. This keeps member profiles private and restricted to registered members only. Members can hide from other members specific information in their profile, such as reputation level, birthday, age, gender, faith, and even site supporter status. This information can be set in the User Control Panel: Options.
All private messages belonging to a member will remain private unless reported by a member for staff review. Christian Forums staff members do not have access to the private messages of members unless they are reported. Private messages are subject to the sitewide rules and may be reported and actioned. The webmaster of Christian Forums will not be accessing the database directly to view the private messages of members.